SASS Wire Forum

Snow storm a Coming ....

My daughters  church just cancelled service for tomorrow .....

Plenty of Fresh hot Chocolit .... and Cookies ...

Jabez Cowboy

13 degrees and snowing, going to the Cowboy's Cafe for pork chops, eggs, fried tatters and all the coffee ya kin drink.

Finished my Hobby King R/C B-17 bomber 73" wing span. (Oops, wrong thread)

Ever seen a front wheel drive car with snow tires or chains on the rear tires? I have.

Carlos Murphy

Can't see my lawn......

Hot, hot & more hot...sum dang' plants is dyin..not gunna' get replaced as now usin' town water supply & theys want money for that ya' know !!! 

More weeds now than grass so 'Toro can rest up for a while !

No sweet things or bread for now near on 2 months but that's gunna finish soon so in the meantime no talkin' about chocolates & doughnuts & alike ...that's just plain teasin !!

Had ma' left hand little pinky straightened out by the Doc 2 weeks ago [ Vikings Disease ]..should be right to shoot in another 2 weeks..well I is anyway.

Ya's better go shovel ya' snow or mow da' lawn..just don't mention what sweeties you is devouring !!!!!

Very inhospitable place your in, NO CHOCOLATE? NO DOUGHNUTS?

You need to move to civilization. If I had your address I'd send you a big box of assorted Crispy Cream doughnuts.

Stopped snowing, 27 degrees, big wreck in the Daytona 500.

Carlos Murphy

Howdy Boys;

Good to see some of Ya Grumps is still a Kickin ,,, We have Just been handed a chance to make one of our fellow Grumps really Really Grumpy ....

We would be neglectful if we passed up the this Chance ...

So as well as Fresh Hot freshly Ground Coffee ,,,, We have Cold Water and Fresh Bread pudding , Warm from the oven.... And Apple Pie with icecream ...

Grump On !!!

23 hours ago, Carlos Murphy # 873 said:

Very inhospitable place your in, NO CHOCOLATE? NO DOUGHNUTS?

You need to move to civilization. If I had your address I'd send you a big box of assorted Crispy Cream doughnuts.

Stopped snowing, 27 degrees, big wreck in the Daytona 500.

Carlos Murphy

Nah Carlos there's plenty of chocs & doughnuts around just me own choice to avoid for awhile !!!!!!!

Snow removal team came around blew snow and ice into a flock of trucks and carted it away.

Did it just in time; the banks were too high to see over and we were down to one lane and it was tight!!

Just read some e-mails from friends in Amritsar, India and Dacre, Senegal, complaining about the heat and wishing me well with the radiation treatments.

(Only 9 more scheduled)

May just have to deal with them.

Now get the heck off my snow covered lawn.

Banane01.gif

Know watcha mean, just bought 3 new pair apants...again.

7 or 8 years ago I was at 340 lbs and now I'm at 237, got a defibrillator/pacemaker last month, feel'n much better.

Getting old...........BEING old sucks but its better than look'n up at a headstone.

• Like 2

Why ?????

Are we on page 2 ???

Ya All asleep ??

Got done loading 500 rounds of Holy Black ,, Lubed/sized ,, Case prep.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Full case loads under a soft cast RNFP weighing 223 Gr. in new Star-line .44 spl. brass... That there is lot's of Fire & Smoke awaiting to happen ....

Spring better come soon !!!

And Yep,,, I'm also done stuffing .38-40 cases with Goex....

Could maybe stuff my last 500 or so .45 colt brass with Goex ,,, if the winter is long enough ...

Getting ready for my trip back to Northern Uganda with Da Boss , our Son and his Wife and two very good Friends ....

We will be teaching Welding , Animal Management, Planting and Sewing ...

Baby shower ,,, Week-end for our little 1 month old Granddaughter ....

Coffee's hot and Fresh as is the "Monkey Bread "

Now Git offften Da Lawn !!!

OK, OK I'll resurrect this from page 2 ignominy. 

Snow followed by rain and freezing rain around here.

Weird winter.

We dont have any snow but we do have a landslide blocking one side of I 24 north of Nashville. The word this morning is that it may take a month to clear it, it is still moving, on one of the busiest corridors into the city. Gonna be a major mess. So, lawn, get off of us.

Imis

• Haha 1

OK, I'm GRUMPY, but grateful.

Had to show up for radiation at 7:30 this AM. OK that's doable; up at 5:00 coffee and breakfast, shaved, showered and.... whatever.

Get the the hospital after swilling down a lot of water. (They want your bladder full and your bowel empty) - OK so far.

8:00 AM and I find out the unit I receive treatment in has their machine down and the treatment list is backed up. - OH-OH! Full bladder!!

Sit with legs crossed practicing Kegel exercises until it's nearly too late, but make it to the facility. Ahh! Sweet Relief!

But now bladder is empty. Have to start over with water to refill prior to treatment

OK, start drinking..

Finally get to radiation machine at 8:45 for the treatment, then rush to the facility for sweet relief. Three sweet reliefs before attempting to drive home.

Then two stops along the way.

BUT the treatment got done.

So I'm grumpy but grateful.

One Of my Favororite Yunkers Placed 5 overall at WR ... and Won the Top-Gun Shoot out ....

Known him since he was a runnin round Yelling Bang with his guns with the red band muzzles ....

Now stay often da Lawn Will !!!

Ed,,,,, ya old grump... Treat him right .... 

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 2

Got to shoot yesterday, times are coming down as i get used ti shooting duelist, gotta drive 135 miles one way today to my pa's house to get rid of some stuff, we close ,selling on Mar 8. Relie

get off the soggy lawn

Imis

You meant you weren't shooting Duelist?? 

Well, I guess I'll issue a big WELCOME to the one handers.

You can now join up with us PISTOLEROS.

Duelist's is da Coolist !!!

They is called "Handguns" not "Hands-Guns........."

-30 here now ....

Coffee's hot and fresh and plentiful .... Water and Hay fer da Steads ...

Got a bunch of .45s needing loading ,,,,,,,,,

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

It is yankee weather here today- wind chill at 18F. 

Yep I is shootin one handie now dont think my brain will let me shoot two pistols at once so after 17 years I am finally getting the "handgun" thing. 

Yall get off the brittle lawn

Imis

My right hand is faster than my left ,,,,,, but my left don't seem to miss much ....

When I was young I could use either hand one as good as the other ,,,, but my Dad Made me use my Right hand ,,,, didn't want no lefty Boy ...

Born to be a Gunfighter ,,,,,,, trained to shoot Single Duelist ....

And my oldest Daughter said "you can't teach an old Dog new tricks, they just die  " when she was 3.... But I may just have to prove her wrong ,,,, Someday ...

CLK , best that you continue to heal ..... Prayers will continue ....

Now git often da Lawn !!!

Jabez Cowboy

• Thanks 1

I'm Headed of to Uganda East Africa on Monday Morning ,,,, I'm leaving a Pot of Coffee on the back of the potbelly stove should stay hot till about 2 Pm....

Got an Old Stove-up Cowboy stopping by to check da place as he sees fit ,,, Drink any Coffee he makes at your own Risk .... He's half blind so he Will wait till any Sneaky Younkers get real close before he Captures them an make them drink his Coffee an Listen to his Stories till dawn .... bout then he nods of and they can make a run for it ... ID showing Grump Status will allow you to avoid his Coffee....

Do Not spread yer bedroll out on da bottom bunk next to da Window if ya needs an place fer da night ,,,, He will make you understand a New level of Grumpyness  if Ya Does .... Might I suggest the bunk on da west side, placing any Newbe's on da bunk on the North wall so they can feed da Stove fer heat ....Da wood is under that bunk ... If Ya  runs short of wood it's out behind the Nessary all Cut an Split ...

Avoid the South deck on da Main house Wolfee regards that as his He's all grown up now and bout 140 pounds of Grumpyness except fer with Lil Kids ...

Well keep da Grump thread on top ,,,, Where we belong ..... And Stay Grumpy !!!!

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez, you be safe now, you are doing good work.

The rest of y'all maintain your absence from the lawn.

Imis  gonna Pistolero again this Sat.

Imis:

Do you and Widder shoot at the same shoots from time to time ???

I think it would be a Hoot to shoot with the two of you ...

Just a Checking If Ya All is Sleeping on da Job ...

Jabez Cowboy

Have a good, safe trip Jabez.

We'll keep the fire going while you're away.

Starting to feel a little better, after a rough week, following the completion of my radiation treatments. 

Continuing sweats and ...........other "potential problems" I was warned about.

Let's say I was glad I followed advice and did a lot of Kegel exercises before and during my treatments.

Staying close to home while getting ready for the radioactive seed implants.

They're telling me I'll have to stay at least 10 feet away from children and pregnant women, so my neighbour Phat's kids are going to have to be told why they can't hang around old "uncle" Terry for a while.  Good thing they're now old enough to understand. 

Apparently, I'll have to have a card explaining why all the bells and whistles go off if I try to cross the US/Canada border.

I'll have to find out how long I'll be dangerous

Getting ready for my St. Patrick's Day; Irish Tea Cake and Corned Beef & Cabbage dinner with Rooster, Red Storm and Clangity Jane joining us.

CLK we hope you dont glow when all this done.  Jabez Yes Widder comes to Wartrace 3-4 times a year. I have shot in East tenn some with him. I often time the side matches at the Tenn State match, he has a furious competition going with Red Knee. We hope to see Red Knee this fall at TN State again.

So how zackly does one officially become a Pistolero> I have only been at it for a couple of months. Is it like Jedi Gunfighters and have to do it for a year? Does an established Pistolero have to nominate you or is it self proclaimed? I nominated myself a Josey Wales shooter.

Imis looking at mowing soon , the weeds are starting up, get off the lawn 

On 3/11/2019 at 3:50 PM, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

CLK we hope you dont glow when all this done. ..............................................

Actually, I had been hoping my pee would glow in the dark, when I make one of my many nightly forays to the throne room, but no such luck.

Oh well.

Waiting for April 27 and the first match of the year for The Ottawa Valley Marauders.

I figure (hope?) I'll be a lot better by then.

Been loading up some .45's for the event and, hopefully, some practice before hand. 

Haven't shot since last August, do I'll have read up on which end goes BANG! and which way the cartridges go in.

Hey, no laughing at the old timer.

Now get off the snow covered lawn!

Getting ready for St. Patrick's Day.

Irish cowboy friends coming over for corned beef and cabbage, Irish Tea Cake and some other dishes.

Irish potables stocked in the frig and a selection Bushmills regular, Black Bush, Red Bush and Bushmills Single Malt along with Tellamore Dew to sample.

Guest rooms are all set for stay-overs.

It is St Paddy's day. I think I will put on green drawers and show everybody today. Jabez is in Uganda, Jersey Bratt is in Florida and i am in a state of confusion. But that is nothing new for a Grumpy Old Man With Guns.

Imis get off the weeds

If'n Jabez saw where this thread had dropped to, he would be disappointed and even GRUMPIER than normal.

I'll start with MY grump!

Caught a bug on St. Patrick's Day that got progressively worse.

Not too big a deal, Rooster, Red Storm and Clangity Jane (All, like me, of Irish Descent) were here and got all the left-overs put away, while I went to bed.

Fast forward a couple of days and the plague has dropped into my lungs; I'm wheezing away and scheduled for radioactive seed implants on the coming Monday, so it's off to the Doctor for antibiotics and an inhaler.

Still not totally better, so now my procedure is delayed for a few days, while my lungs clear and allow them to knock me out for the implant ceremony.

Oh well. At least #1 Son, AKA BIG RED is taking the day off so he can drive his old man to and from the Cancer clinic.

Now get off the lawn.

Have a safe trip Jabez..Finally had a little bit of rain...lots of green weeds !!

Off to the Aus Cowboy Nationals this comin' Thursday..being held  near Melbourne Victoria at the 'Little River Raiders..about 1,000 mile drive, lookin forward to catchin' up with mates.