SASS Wire Forum

Tea with honey please.

Yesterday the big brown truck delivered my second Remington 1858 Sheriff's model, beautiful pistola, CCH is just gorgeous, one of the best I've seen and the checkered grips feel great in my hands, .45 LC fluted conversion cylinders are a nice tight fit, no complaints about Taylor's & Co.

37 degrees with light flurries.

Carlos Murphy

Warmer up here than where you're at ....

Enjoy your 58 ,,, I like the Colt Navy Grip Shape best of all ... I find the reach and action of cocking a Remmie much harder than my Colt Type guns ...

But I still find my 58 to be very accurate for Slow-fire, I have fairly small hands and need to shift my grip to cock it and back to fire it ...

I think my hammer spring on my 58 comes out of 6500 Chevy Truck ,,, complete with over-loads ...

I can keep 5 balls in a group of less than 4 inches at 75 yards from a rest ... The gun is made by Uberti I had a Pietta that didn't shoot that good at 15 yards ....

So the Pietta went down the road ...

I don't care for inaccurate guns or mean women ...

Jabez Cowboy

Coffee "Instant Human". Bear sign using sour dough - no one can stay grumpy.  :-)

Howdy Mud Marine;

Hope to shoot with you again ,,, perhaps in 2019 Eh !!!

Got Italian Coffee LavAzza,  and Bearsign.....   Stop in for some before it gets old ,,,, like You <_<

Jabez Cowboy

Mud Marine, Sir I must say it was an honor to shoot with you in Noxon this spring. You gave me the inspiration that there is literally no age limit in this sport.

Thanks. You pards and pardettes sure made me welcome. I intend to shoot with you all in 2019.

My plan is to shoot with RMR and in SK, AB, BC and help with the CAS matches we have for our Boy Scouts, Sea Scouts, Venturers and Explorers in the Inland Northwest Council in Idaho and Washington. Introducing kids to NRA Bullseye, CAS etc. keeps me 'young'.  :-)

• Like 1

DDD ;

You is older than Dirt ...

Pull up a Stump all Ye Grumps and grab a Christmas Cookie and a Mug of Joe ....

And tell me bout all yer mishaps of 2018 ...

Jabez Cowboy

To many mishaps  in '018  ''ta talk about, lookin' forward ta' more shoots next year.

Gunna put meself  on a 'eat less' thingy so I kin move quicker on the stages..well that's the plan, ain't sayin' it will work !!

So it's herbal teas & no sweeties..I means I have done this before & been fit as a fiddle but dang gets harder as ya' get older !!

PM Quit gettin older. I have succeeded in arresting the aging process. Now if I could just arrest the lying process. It is cold in Tennessee this am. 30 miles north has ice, we dodged the bullet.

GET OFF THE FROZEN LAWN

Imis

15 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

What are we Doing on page 3 ????

Jabez Cowboy

Answer-  Any dang thing we want!

Why is the operative question. My answer- I dunno

Get off the brown crinkly grass

Imis

• Like 1

You and Widder really should come up here to shoot this Summer....

And bring a few extras along ....

Coffee and Bearsign fer da Grumps ....

Wolfee has promised not to bite ya ...

Jabez Cowboy

"Life is tuff, tuffer if your stupid".  John Wayne

Doing Christmas cards tonight when I ran out, took the stage to the Walmart ta get more.

Couldn't find a single card under 3 bucks, most were $3.57 to $3.79 and up.

Going ta the dollar store tomorrow, I'm not cheap just thrifty, if I were cheap I'd send no cards at all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Carlos Murphy

Ain't nothin' wrong with goin' to those $ stores, heck ya' get a bunch of cards for a couple of bucks.

They say the same words so that'll do me & the people we send 'em to. !!

Yeah as Carlos says have a Merry Xmas & a great New Year to all you grumpy hard asses !

Iffin' it's cold where you is have fun in the snow , to all the others just have fun..

Back at ya Jabez.

And Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to the rest of the GRUMPS.

Now get off my lawn?

Got some really, really, really nice Xmas cards at the Dollar Store today for a buck each.

I'm going back tomorrow to buy for next year.

Had snow last week, most gone now but for where the sun doesn't reach cus its been too cold to melt.

KOML

Carlos Murphy

I still have a passel of cards my ex bought a long time ago, with my money. I dont send many so they may last my lifetime. or I will get tired of lugging them around and donate them.

Yall I wish I could travel and visit all yall but my caregiving duties keep me home for now. Merry Christmas and may all you Grumps have a safe and Prosperous New Year. Now get off the Lawn, I is spectin a sleigh load of goodies delivered in the next couple of weeks.

Imis

Just got back from the Walmart with a brand new Daisy Red Rider BB gun, $22.00.

Last one I had was a Xmas present when I was 8 years old.

This one has all the correct badging, logos and insignias but MADE IN CHINA..........

Years ago I was out shooting with Eric, a good friend from Germany, born there, left at 15 years old.

The stock split on his beautiful Weatherby bolt action rifle.

Upon closed examination he found stamped on the barrel MADE IN JAPAN, I never saw anyone more pissed than him.

As for the Chinese Red Rider, I don't mind, sign of the times, I'll set up a cardboard box filled with newspaper on the far side of the room and just shoot.

Seasons greetings.

Carlos Murphy

P.S.

Feb issue of Shooting Times page 10, "Adult" size Red Rider BB guns, $69.99 kit 1 to $99.99 for kit 2.

I went to their sight but they were sold out, daisy.com

Carlos I have a red Rider I bought about 20 years ago. dont know if it is Made in China, but it cost more. Rain again today=Grumpy

Imis  Hey Jabez hows Sis?

Imis ;

My sister is in good spirits ,,, still undergoing treatments ...

The Doctors say they got it all ... But only time will tell ...

Sure looking forward to seeing her on Dec.24 ,,,, she lives 10 hours drive away ,,,, on good roads, we have this thing Called Winter up here ...

It has been tough on Big Brother not being there for my Favorite Sister ( yep I know we is not supposed to have Favorites,,, But )

Well Eggnough and Cookies fer all ...

Ya all have a Blessed and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ...

I truly hope to be able to meet more of ya Grumps on down the road,,,, Till then keep yer Powder dry and guns Loaded ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Awake the World needs Us Grumps ....

Working on loading more .38-40 rounds ,,,, down to my last 300 cases that need Stuffing....

Got all my .44 spl. brass filled...

Hope to shoot a bunch more in 19 than I did in 18..

Nice Morning no wind and 40 Degrees F ..

Coffee fer da Grumps

Jabez Cowboy

Yep have a great day all 'ye Grunps & lawn  attendants & best wishes to those that have any  ailments..may '019 be good for everyone !

Two day after Christmas, and now the bills begin. GRUMP

Get off the lawn, out from inside the fence and across the sidewalk.   That was fun, GIT

Imis

Sunny and -14 here, on the 27th this AM. Light fluffy snow on the driveway.

Christmas dinner went from 5 on the morning of the 23rd to 10 by nightfall. 

(I had only prep'd for 5 + a bit extra.)

Oh well, it was nice to see the in-laws. Good folks and it's been a while.

My own family is much too far away to visit and I think they're a bit afraid of Ottawa.

The chickens.