SASS Wire Forum

I did. Was wearing my bi-focals and had some help looking, but no luck

The right extractor plunger and spring are just too small to be found in the grass.

Sure hope I can find replacements to fit my Chaparral!

Now:GET OFF MY LAWN or get down here on yore knees and help me look!!

Did ya try a Magnet ????

Coffee fer da Grumps

A friend of mine has very strong Magnet on a handle  he uses to sweep the ground for small parts and pick-up the plates from the Texas Star ....

Jabez Cowboy

Didn't have one, dang it! 

Oh well. Off to the G'smith and hope he can do something.

And get off the lawn!

Most G'Smiths can do sumthing and sumtimes even da Right Thing ...

Shootin in Medicine Hat this week-end ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So only stale cold coffee here between Friday  Noon and Monday Morning,,,, da Watch Dogs don't drink coffee ,,,, spoils their aim they claim ......

Jabez Cowboy

Hi Jabez

How was the Medicine Hat Shoot, did you get wet?  I was busy Antelope hunting with my son last weekend so missed the shoot.  We spent the weekend at Bruce's (Mad Dog) place in Carmichael and he was our guide.  We just finished skinning our last goat around noon yesterday when the rain hit and by the weather channel it's not very nice down there today.   

It was just Windy , started to rain as I drove  out of the range the wind made it a cold shoot ...

Only 23 shooters so the stages went quickly and we were done before noon ...

We have about 5 inches of snow on the ground here at home now ,started to snow a 7 am. this morning ...

Coffee fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Oh no it's way to early for that much snow on the ground.  Up here it was plus 11 C with some light rain off and on.  That's supposed to stop over night with temps in the plus 10 range, I hope they are right we still need a couple weeks of good weather to finish off harvest.

Jabez, you keep that snow out your way please.

We had almost a week and a half of summer weather here, but it's now cooled off. Currently at 9 degrees warming up to 14 tomorrow.

Last shoot at EOSC for the Ottawa Valley Marauders this Saturday, followed by the Wild Turkey Posse's Halloween Match the following Saturday, then that's it until Winter Camp in February.

I winterized the motor home, so no running water in the taps. Bottled water for my coffee and washing up and I guess the on board furnace will get a work out.

Grass is still growing well, so GET OFF THE LAWN!

9 degrees, even in Celcius that's t00 cold for this Southern boy. It will be a balmy 79F here today. We shoot the workers match this weekend and the TN state Match next weekend. Looks to be beautiful weather(subject to change) so we have to try HARD to be Grumpy. Fortunately, I frequently am able to rise to the occasion.

Get off the lawn, service the snow blowers and prepare to envy southern shooters

Imis

:angry::( (JEALOUS)

OK, OK so youse gots warm summer-like weather.

So what!

No need to brag about it, just 'cause we did't get summer in May, June, July, August and most of September, this year. 

We did get about a week and a half of nice weather with no rain, so there! PFHHT!

Our lawns and the ranges are flooded and nice and soggy, Grass, cat-tails and weeds have grown well.

Gives us a chance to wear rubber boots instead of leather cowboy boots. Saved wear and tear on them. (That's our story and we're stickin' to it!)

Soot Lord of the Holy Black get their fired cartridges washed clean by the time they get from the unload table to their cart and it's umbrella.

Fellers with stainless steel weepons just couldn't get the same character on their toys howsoever. Just couldn't get the same rust patina and aging on them.

So, all in all, ya see there was some good in all the rain. (Note I said that with a straight face!)

Now Jabez had a different kinda summer. It was reeeaaallly nice and warm and dry. But nobody dared even far pass gas for fear of starting another forest fire.

Now, GET OFF MY SOGGY LAWN!*

* Jabez don't like me shouting around here.

Ya all can Shout all's ya wants ,,,,,,,, Just warn us's so's we can plug our ears ...

Suppose ta warm up fer the week-end ...

Jabez Cowboy

GRUMP!

There are days.

Took the '97 in to my favourite G'smith and he had a right extractor plunger and spring to replace the lost.

GREAT!

Feller was looking at the '97 and asking questions about CAS and finally put the '97 down on the counter - with the centre of balance off the counter.

'97 met the floor and I was treated to a horrified look and a lot of stammering. 

Oh well. I told him I would forgive him if he came out to a CAS match and let us gear him up to shoot a stage.

(I don't fret about wood dents and scratches on my guns. They are tools, meant to be used. I keep them clean and operating properly, but as to the cosmetics? Meh! )

Good fer Ya on both Counts ....

Let me buy Ya a Coffee.....................................

Hope to shoot with you again ,,,,,, someday ...

Snow is about gone now .... supposed ta be +18 on Friday (70) in Yankee terms...

My Uberti Lowwall in .38-40 has come ,,,,,, Ya Hoo!!!

38-40!!!:o

Are ya afeerd of the .45-70??:P

And here I was thinkin' you was a Manly Man:D

What possessed ya to go that wimpy small ??:rolleyes:

(Says he as he starts stirring the pot :ph34r:)

Last match of the year coming up this Saturday :(; the annual Halloween Match at Grenville put on by The Wild Turkey Posse:D, written by Johnny Cheater, the demented so and so:ph34r:

Winterized the motor home away from home, so I don't crack fittings this year.

Now get off the lawn! 

Da .38-40 is for Pistol Caliber Matches ,,,,, More Cowboy Shooting .... got one .45-70 left  shoot a 416 gr. RNFP  fer Cowboy in it at 1,450 Fps.  and a 400 gr FP jacketed bullet at 2,100 Fps. fer the  Big Stuff ...

Shot 66 rounds from a .470 Nitro one day ,regulating it for a customer ,,,,,,,, So while I don't really enjoy recoil a big bunch ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can handle it up to a point , that being 66 rounds of .470 Nitro  33 Softs and 33 Solids ....

Coffee fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Was trying to, but some ornery cuss was west of me was lettin' off dynamite or some such.

Concussion got the horses over at the racetrack buckin' and snortin' so much they had to cancel the race card.

Last match of the year: the Halloween spectacular, at Grenville, with the Wild Turkey Posse.

Apparently Johnny Cheater and some other maniacs have dreamed up a hum-dinger. 

Now get off the grass.

So long as "Johnny Cheater" just cheats da Johnny's Ya should do just fine ....

Thought the Montana bunch was done shooting 2 day matches fer the year ,,,,,,,,,, Winterized my Camper ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they is shootin this week-end ...:(

Well got's lot's of stuff that needs a doing round here ....

Grumpy  Jabez Cowboy

I use mine, even after I push anti-freeze through the lines. I just bring water in a jug or two and pour it as necessary for coffee or Red's tea then pour a little in the drains once I'm done.

I even use the toilet, if I have to, and flush with anti-freeze.

I found any anti-freeze I use, cheaper than replacing couplings and pipes.

Had the furnace on at Grenville Fish and Game Friday night and tonight I heard the talking heads going on about  -2 somewhere around here.

Cold makes me grumpy, the Tennessee State Match being over makes me grumpy, hell everything makes me grumpy and THAT makes me smile.Get off the brown dying lawn...no, wait mine is still green and growing and I will have to mow again and that makes me grumpy.......

Imis

I am now OFFICIALLY GRUMPY until next April and our first area CAS match.

Halloween match is now in the history books, complete with all my misses and "P's"

Hey You!

Get off my lawn!

We's gettin' ready for deer season.

Had to pass on moose. Knees are just too bad to walk much or bear a hand when we put one down and SWMBO's health means I don't want to be 5 or 6 hundred miles away with no phone service; just in case she needs me.

Deer, I'm an hour away from home, got cell phone and Ma Bell service and I can drive to the stand and sit.

When we get one, it's a lot easier to handle and get out.

Grass is still green and growing, so

GET OFF THE LAWN!

I've been hunting elk and will be for the next week.  Unfortunately my tag is for antlerless elk and all I've been seeing is bulls as they go to water in the South Saskatchewan River, until yesterday that is.  It was overcast and darker than Toby's @$$, I got to my stand about 1/2 hr before legal time got settled and waited for legal time.  As it began to lighten up I watched 40 plus bulls, cows and calves move across an opening about 400 yards from me and towards some posted land.  Now my 7mm Mag will shoot that far, problem is it wasn't legal time yet so all I could do was watch as they moved across the opening. 

Kind of bummed me out and since today is Sunday I'm giving the elk the day off.  We had our first hard frost of the year last night so things should be moving to water in the river as the small water holes freeze up.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN YOUR DISTURBING THE NICE WHITE FROST!!!  

Good Luck on da Elk Hunt !!!

Drink lot's of Coffee then you can  water the ground where it's too dry while calling ....

Jabez Cowboy

Grey Beard, Jabez wimped out in using his 16 gauge for Wild Bunch in Medicine Hat. We offered him every advantage, except squeezing the trigger for him, he's not a grump, wimp yes, but not a grump!

A 16 ga.??:o

I swear, that boy is getting me concerned:

First he was in raptures over a .38-40, now a 16 ga.for wild bunch (Shakes head):unsure:

Next thing we're going to hear he's switched to .38's, loaded down to near squib loads.:ph34r:

However he did mention he had one .45-70 , but qualified that with "left".

Do ya think we'll have to have an intervention??:rolleyes:

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

23 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Hey Grey Beard!

Did ya get one?

Nope still hunting.  I haven't seen an Elk since Saturday but I haven't given up yet!!!! I'm just getting Grumpier!!!!! 

I'll try for deer Nov 4.

The blinds are set up. All I have to do is limp out to one and sit. (Bad knees:()

Pedagogue promises me he'll use the 4wd truck to get me close to the site.