SASS Wire Forum

Won't make Palmers Gulch this year, this weekend we are shooting Rocky Mountain House, then the July 1st weekend Burnt Bacon and all her kids and I are getting together for one last time before both her daughters give birth and getting together becomes even more difficult. There goes the Palmers Gulch weekend, but the weekend after that we are off to Simms Montana for a 3 day warm-up to the Montana State Championship.

Well have fun DDD... Don't shoot your foot off ... Tell Burnt Bacon Howdy...

I was/is thinking of going to Rocky ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Coffee fer da Grumps ..

Jabez Cowboy

Yall, it is pouring rain here as tropical storm Cindy approaches. And I thought she was in east Tennessee lol

Anyway I am grumpy today and I can be iffen I want to.

Imis

Spent the day working at getting part of the basement ready for paint and tomorrow I'll start painting.  I found that by days end I was getting a touch on the grumpy side, yup no doubt about it painting makes me grumpy.  Thank God I get Saturday off to go to the Biggar shoot with my grandson, that should get rid of my grumps but for now.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Grey Beard

Painting is right next to golf on my hate to do list ....  Golf is the worse waste of time yet found ...

Turn all golf courses into Cowboy Ranges !!! 

Jabez Cowboy

Well now I don't mind shooting golf balls..........With guns that is :P other wise I feel much like you where golf is concerned.  When Granny and I go to the Calgary Gun Show I always take a back pack.  A few years ago when we walked in the door the security wanted to check it for "weapons".  I replied it's to small for golf clubs, when he quit laughing the guard let me in without looking. 

When are you heading to Kamloops Jabez?  Granny and I are hoping to leave first thing Tuesday morning.  Should be at the range by early afternoon on Wednesday. 

Edited by Grey Beard

Grey Beard , I can't get away till  Wed.... Still playing catch-up on chores that got ahead of me while in Uganda...

Jabez Cowboy 

Went to the range this morning and worked. That'll make you happy but I get to pretend to be grumpy. And I'm going back tomorrow.

Imis who has had 2 clean matches in a row

Heading out fer ta shoot "Palmers Gulch " shoot in the morning ....   Lot's of shooting and Smoke ....

Buck finely got a partner ,,, Boom ...

Open-Tops in .44 spl.

Boom is 2 years younger than Buck ,,,, can't wait to see how they get along ....

Jabez Cowboy

How did you do? 

I mean, Did you have fun?

Wet with a lot of rain around here lately.

Matches cancelled and/or moved to other ranges to get them done.

Grass is growing so fast, but is so wet, it's hard to get cut, so:
GET OFF MY SOGGY LAWN!

The weather was Hot and dry ,,,,,, the Location is to die for ,,,, the stages were great with challenging target placement,,,,, Targets in the trees should be painted some other color than dark blue in the trees in the shade ......

ONE SHOT and where are the targets ????   Yellow would make for better  visiblity ...

Sunday was 37....

I made more Smoke than anyone else ......

Coffee fer da Grumps ....

Jabez Cowboy

Page 3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bad Form ...

Awake ya old bunch of misfits ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and drink da coffee ....

Grump On !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Gotta go to work all week at 4 am. You can bet I'll be one grumpy sob. Yup, even more than usual...:P

But, it's the 4 am coffee that makes me get over it.

Coffee keeps da World getting up in the Morning......   That and Old Bladders .....

Prayers for Our B.C. Pards are needed due to the Wildfires a burning up da country ...

Jabez Cowboy

Hi Jabez

Granny and I made it back home from Palmers Gulch on Saturday after spending several days at my daughters in Cranbrook.  When we listened to the news Saturday we were amazed to hear about all the fires in BC.  According to Highland Whiskers Facebook post he has been evacuated but is safe.  We are sending prayers that both Highland Whiskers and all our other friends and their property in BC stay safe.

And yes it was a fun match again this year.  A couple of the stages were a bit on the challenging side with targets spread out in the trees and shadows.  Despite that it's still one of our favorite matches to shoot.  Glad to hear you enjoyed it as well.  

We likely won't see you until the next shoot at Lanes in Aug so until then stay safe.

Grey Beard 

Chuck wagon races cancelled last night, due to thunderstorm/lightning strike taking out the track lights. DANG!!

I was looking at some pictures from the 40's, '50's and 60's  Lottsa changes.

The upgraded, light weight speed wagons and stoves are sure different from the old days!!

I wanted to be there this year, but SWMBO is unable to travel and I can't leave her to herself for that long. She feels pretty bad about that.

SO I'M GRUMPY!

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

Cold Lake Kid ;

No reason ta shout !!! ,, we ain't deff Ya know ...

Coffee an Cinimon buns fer da first 9 Grumps ....... That's all I was able ta talk the Missus out of ,,,,, well actually 11 two fer me ....

Jabez Cowboy

Sorry Kid ............

Cinnimon bun count down ta 6 I had 3 fer breakfast ,,,, Ya missed out Kid with all that hootin an hollering ,, Ya fergot ta get one ....

Jabez Cowboy

Can't

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed had another series of bad falls.

Twice in the bathroom and once in the family room.

Emergency room visits, stitches, MRI's concussion.

Sure wish the Doctors would get to the bottom of everything that's wrong and do something.

(And no, she doesn't drink.)

That's her problem,,,,, most accidents happen with-in 5 miles of home ....

Get her out here in the West where the air is Free ,,,, so far and Clear ...

And the Bathroom is too small to fall in and there ain't No family room ...

Problem solved ....

Jabez Cowboy

I wish. Just can't risk taking her too far from her Doctors and the hospital with all her records.

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

Her Records can transfer out here a Way faster than you can ...get here

Just saying ...

Coffee fer da Grumps ....

Jabez Cowboy

Shot yesterday, called a P on myself, don't know what I did but I got to keep it.lol I mowed earlier this week so my lawn is pristine Yall keep off it

Imis

Imis: You P'd on yourself?

Will "DEPENDS" fit under yore pants?:ph34r::P:lol:

Spotter said "that's a P" I responded I got a P Don't know what he saw but not worth arguing

Thinking of changing my alias to Deep End Kid

Imis

No P ing on the lawn

We have a TO/RO/Spotter rule that every "P" called must be explained to the shooter before they leave the stage.

On 7/11/2017 at 4:31 PM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Cold Lake Kid ;

No reason ta shout !!! ,, we ain't deff Ya know ...

Coffee an Cinimon buns fer da first 9 Grumps ....... That's all I was able ta talk the Missus out of ,,,,, well actually 11 two fer me ....

Jabez Cowboy

Huh?  Say again!