SASS Wire Forum

Back from the Cowboy Golf match, part 1 of 3.

Had what could only be called a train wreck. Haven't missed so much since I was toddling with a .22 supported by my Father.

NOW GET YORE SELF OFF MY LAWN!

Figured out what might have gone wrong. Shot old reloads, made for 25 and 50 yard range using semi-wad-cutters and shot over the top of the plates.

Shooting Part 2 of 3, of the Cowboy Golf Series, this Saturday, so I'll use my new reloads and keep my fingers crossed.

Maybe, just maybe, I won't be so grumpy on Sunday. 

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

Well I is Back from Uganda ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I'm both wore-out an Grumpy...

Good ta see there's still sum Grumps alive ...

Jabez Cowboy

Welcome back, but I think I'm the Grumpier of us.

Another match day cancelled.

New dedicated CAS shooting bay on the range is too wet to to get the tractors and front end loaders to tow in the prop sheds and the Sea-container to hold the steel.

Smaller trailer is busted so even trying to use the Gator to move stuff is no good and all the wranglers are gettin' a little long in the tooth to try carrying over the steel and shrouding for a 6 stage match; then carry it back to put it away.

So I am GRUMPIER than usual.

SO:

GET OFF MY SOGGY LAWN!

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

COG , No monkey butt coffee ,,, not in my price range ...

But the real question is ,,, are you a coming up ta shoot with us this year ???

I see yer side kick is coming to the nationals , You should come and keep him in line ...

Coffee for all the Grumps,,, it's Gorillia Brand from Uganda ...

Jabez Cowboy

Got back home from running SAWWS's 2 day spring Big Bang match.  Man am I pooped, I sure don't bounce back like I did a few years ago.  When I met with the oncologist a couple weeks ago he told me that between nearly 2 years of chemo, HIPIC surgery for the cancer and dealing with the infection from my surgery it will be another 18 months before my energy levels are back where they should be.   But I'm on the right side of the grass so that's a big plus and I still enjoy being match director so I'll keep on running them.  Next up is our Last Gasp shoot in Aug followed by the SASS Western Canadian Regional Championships.   Then it's off to shoot with Jabez and on to the SASS Canadian Championships.

It's hard to be grumpy with all those shoots to look forward to.  :D

Grey Beard 

• Like 1

Great to hear ya is coming ta shoot with us, Grey Beard ... Hey why don't a bunch of grumps shot our Shoot the week-end before the Nationals then travel west to the Nationals ...

COG is you up for that ????

Coffee an Cinimmon Buns fer da Grumps ....            

Now git offfin da lawn ,,,, less ya is a horse ...

Jabez Cowboy

Kananaskis Kid ;

You is making it harder to be Grumpy ...  It will be great to see you...

Now the rest of ya go forth and Grump ...

Jabez Cowboy

Cog ;

You should bring your Bride up here when you come to shoot ,,,,, she seems much nice than you ,,,, and much better looking too...

Coffee "Mombasa Expresso" fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Well I stuck the Truck Camper back on the Ole Ram Truck and moved both so I could Cut da grass ...  Heading over to B.C. in less than 3 weeks to Shoot "Palmers Gulch" YA HOO !!

First big Multi Day shoo this year , missed my normal May Long  2 day shoot because I was still in Uganda ...

Coffee and Cherry Pie and ice cream ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 3 pieces left ....

Jabez Cowboy

Bring a couple pieces of that pie to the Palmers Gulch Shoot for Granny and I :D.  See you there unless you are in Medicine Hat this weekend.  Granny and I are planning to be there later on Friday afternoon.

Grey Beard 

8 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Are You shooting CAS in the hat this week-end ???

Didn't Know ....

Jabez Cowboy

Yup they moved the match from the May Long Weekend to this coming weekend hoping to avoid the unpredictable weather they get in May.  I'm sure there's room for you if you should happen to show up, just shoot Dynamite Dick or Burnt Bacon an email of Facebook them.  They are trying to preregister as many as possible.

Grey Beard ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sorry I have to be a Big Boy ,,, the Wife says and be about Church business ... Prior commitment ...

I trust you both had fun ...

Jabez Cowboy

13 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Grey Beard ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sorry I have to be a Big Boy ,,, the Wife says and be about Church business ... Prior commitment ...

I trust you both had fun ...

Jabez Cowboy

We had a good time in Medicine Hat, saw some folks we hadn't seen in over a year.  Things have definitely changed there, not a single skinny tube to be found.  I shot the match with only 5 misses and there were 2 shooters who shot the match clean.  It kind of spoiled our trip home.  We didn't have anything to complain about.

Grey Beard 

• Like 1

Well Git Offten Da Lawn !!!

Time ta be about Shootin .Ah is real grumpy now ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, seems I missed a good shoot !!!

Coffee fer da Grumps ..

Jabez Cowboy

Yep! it was the landing that made me really sore,,, that's my story an I'm sticking to it ...

A truck an 5th .wheel pulled out from the right shoulder going to cross across the two travel lanes to cross the highway onto a service/ emergency road to make a "U" turn ,right in front of me ... I stepped on the brakes hard , and the drivers side brake line burst, I managed to miss the back of the 5th. wheel by taking the ditch .... then I saw the approach of a road connected to the highway ... I went over it at an angel and cleared most of the road in the air , the return to earth is what was tough on my car and me... Broke out all the plastic grill-work under the bumper of my VW Passat Wagon, managed to limp into town to a brake and muffler shop ... Where they replaced both front brake lines , checked the back brake lines and put it all back together ... Car works fine, sans three plastic parts ...

Missed shooting CAS at my club last night ...

Make yer own coffee ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I is too sore ...

Jabez Cowboy

And folks wonder why I have dash cams in the vans and the motor home.

Now: Get off the lawn or get out the mower.

My right wrist is the most troubling issue , I shoot duelist ...........

My little finger and ring finger seem weaker and very sore, but I have two weeks to get things back in shape ...

See you at Palmers Gulch , I'm going to give Grannie her hug me own self ....

Jabez Cowboy

Thanks for the kind words Grey Beard. Jabez, you old grump we really missed you! Burnt Bacon and I are going to be shooting at both Granum in August and Kamloops right afterwards. Medicine Hats next match is 30 Sept/01 Oct, we expect to see you there you old fart!

Hey triple DDD ;

You coming to "Palmers Gulch" ???

Or just send the better half ...

Coffee fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Tripe D ya best be careful or i'll demote ya to Double D ....

Where is all da Grumps a hiding ???

Coffee fer those brave enough to show  their faces ....

Jabez Cowboy

Here I is. No, wait, I wuz... and now and ever shall be....

Going to VA in an hour or so. Have actually had pretty good experience with them so far.. others, not so much.

Grass is wet, don't have to mow yet, but yall stay off of it anyway.

Jabez, we glad your flying lesson wasn't a lot more expensive.

Imis

Finally finished the Cowboy Golf series, with Ruff's Regulators, at The Cornwall Rod and Gun Club on Saturday.

Hard to be grumpy. Had too much fun even if Red Storm beat me out of first place in my category. (Old and decrepit)

Dad-burned rain flooded our new CAS range at EOSC and we had to cancel and move the matches a few times, including from the Grenville Fish and Game Club; home of the Wild Turkey Posse.

Whole series was almost a month behind, (OK, that made me GRUMPY!) and we didn't get to show off our new dedicated Cowboy range at EOSC. Too wet and flooded. Couldn't even get in with the tractor.

Anyway, thanks to Tumbleweed Tom (from the swamp) for the great match booklet all the graphics and looking after the handicapping.

Next up: Buffalo Rifle Match at Kingston.