SASS Wire Forum

Page three?

Nobody Grumpy?

OK, I'll make ya all Grumps Grumpy or even Grumpier, on both sides of the Medicine Line with three little words:

INCOME TAX TIME

5 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Page three?

Nobody Grumpy?

OK, I'll make ya all Grumps Grumpy or even Grumpier, on both sides of the Medicine Line with three little words:

INCOME TAX TIME

That will do it for sure now I'm really Grumpy.  Today Granny suggested that I start our taxes.  Since I really didn't want to work on our taxes I decided that maybe I should do something more productive and cleaned up the winters dog shit in the back yard.  That's how grumpy taxes make me.

Grey Beard   

I feel for ya Pard, but have bit of pity for me.

I have to prepare income tax forms for 5 people.

Finished one yesterday, using Turbotax, only to find the on-line filing didn't work -"Busy. Come Back Later" signal.

So I fired up the printer and ran it off that way to mail it via snail mail.

Hey, you folks in Shawinigan want paper? Well here it is! Enjoy!

Cost me $6.50 to mail all the paper forms and receipts.

NOW, GET OFF THE SOGGY LAWN!

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

My deepest sympathies Cold Lake Kid I only have 2 returns to file so I guess that means I'm only 40% as grumpy.  No mater what I hate doing taxes, seems like no mater how much I pay during the year I always have to come up with more. :(:( 

Grey Beard

Well I will be getting back a bunch of over payment of taxes ....

And I still Hate income tax !!!

For the 2015 tax year they Monkeyed with what was filed three times ,,, they said it was wrong gave back less than I figured , said it was right ... Then two months later they changed it again , so I paid them a few dollars ,,, then in JANUARY of 2017 they revised it again and they want another 17 dollars and Change ....    How many thousand dollars did it cost to get back less than 200 dollars ,,, now my accountant says they are wrong, and I can claim back about 300 dollars, for the 2015 tax year...

Jabez Cowboy

I think I may have ya beat Jabez. And my horrible example was from a private company!!

I was a Purchasing Agent for a major national capital Canadian city, who was responsible for, among other things, the purchase of photo supplies and services.

Accounts Payable came to me and showed me an invoice, from a photo supply shop, mailed in a separate envelope, for .01 That's one penny.

We were thinking about sending a cheque for that amount, but then realized our response would hit the 6:00 news. 

Da Tax man taketh and taketh and even more ,,,, and stupid HE spendth and spendth and spendth some more...

Any way that's more than enough bad ta make all Canadians Grumpy ...

Pull up a stump an tell us yer plans fer shootin this year , or iffin ya gots some new guns , or some guns on order ...

Coffee is made from beans grown in Kenya so enjoy ...

Jabez Cowboy

A couple of new to me tuned 1871 Open  Tops with 7 1/2" barrels to go with my 1866 Yellow Boy, all in .45 Colt. 

Back to shooting Classic, I guess, although I do like my SASS NMV's in .45 to go with the .45 Colt E.M.F. 1873 SASS She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed gave me last year for my birthday. 

Decisions - Decisions

Classic Cowboy Guns 1871 Open Top Pair (7).JPG

Nice !!!

My main match guns look a lot like those ,,,, mine are with the Navy grips brass grip frames , in ".44 centre fire" extra long ( .44 Spl. )

Also with 7 1/2 barrels they point where's ah looks ....

Jabez Cowboy

Point well do they? Haven't had a chance to use them in a match yet.

In fact, I have to see what charge they like, using Trail Boss.

Sure wish the weather would moderate so I can get into the range. 

I just drop-tube in enough Goex 3F to allow the bullet to compress the powder about1/8 of an inch ....

I use either my home cast 240 gr. RNFP bullets or I have found a fellow that sells me as cast RNFP bullets that weigh 212 grains lubed with SPG ...

I have been shooting FCD for about 4 years now ... Love it when the TO's do the quick back-step when I send the first round down-range...

Folks there is no reason to Crowd me, the timer will pick-up the shot ,,,, I have had the problem several times in the past year or two of backing out to clear windows with my long barreled guns only to bump into the TO ... On a quiet range with only me shooting a timer will pick-up a every shot from my rifle from over 100 feet away ...

Jabez Cowboy

Wake up ya bunch of Sleepy-headed Grumps ...

Coffee is from Kenya ah done brung it back meownself ,,, enjoy ...

Jabez Cowboy

Yep Jabez, you is shootin' WARTHOG loads.

Be proud and step up and take a bow!

Yep Kid ;

My .45 Colt load would really shorten the life-span of an Open-Top, so I opted for .44s...

My .45 Colt load has a 270 gr. RNFP seated on a Drop-tubed Charge of Goex 3F compressed about 1/8 of an inch by the bullet , that load really Bucks and Snorts...

But I don't seem to have much of a blow-by problem when these are shot in a rifle ...

Coffee an bearsign fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

What in Sam's  +ell are we doing on page 3 ???

Bad form ,,, No sleeping on da lawn ....

It's raining and it could wash ya off ...

Jabez Cowboy

Pards ;

I'm off to Uganda for 5 weeks leaving on Tuesday, so it's up to you all , Now no fighting,well at least not too much, play nice ,drink lot's of Coffee , keep da yun-uns off da lawn and Send some shots down-range for me ...

Happy Easter ta Ya all ...

Jabez Cowoy

Looks Like it'll be up to the rest of us, Grey Beard et al to keep Grumpy.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you in late May.

NOW:

GET OFF MY SOGGY WEED INFESTED LAWN!

You ain't rid of me yet ,,,, I be watching ........................................Be double Grumpy ...

Jabez Cowboy

Watchin' or stalking?

Hey, I notice the numbering of the individual post seems to be gone.

Does this mean the threads won't go "POOF" at 2001?

No idea ,,,, maybe before ?

Trying to deside which shoots I got'ta make this year ,,,,,, 

Going To "Palmers Gulch " and the Nationals fer sure ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Coffee fer da Grumps ,,,, and da grass is greening up fer da steads ...

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez! You're still here??

I thought you was going to Uganda?

Now for your GRUMP Trigger:
HEY JABEZ!

Didja finish yore Income Tax??

If ya didn't, get off the lawn and get busy!!

Finished the last of the income taxes for the Canadian Tax Man. 

Now just have to wait and see if they like what I told them.

(Our last date for filing is the end of the month.)

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'm still working on mine and it's not looking good at this point.  Looks like I will be paying several thousand again this year so I'll be filing on the last day as usual. 

Grumpy??? Hell yah I'm Grumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Grey Beard!!!

Did you get your income taxes done yet!

Justin is just slaverin' for your money!!

Am I Gettin' ya GRUMPIER??

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Hey Grey Beard!!!

Did you get your income taxes done yet!

Justin is just slaverin' for your money!!

Am I Gettin' ya GRUMPIER??

I finished but Turdo will have to wait until May 1st before he can use it to pay for his foreign aid blunders!! :( 

Just Thinking about it gets me Grumpier than normal!!!!!!  :angry::angry::angry:

Grey Beard:

Didja see where Justin admitted his Father used his contacts and influence to make Michele's pot charges go away?

I already knew Justin was toking up while just an MP; wonder how the Prime Minister's office smells now that he PM?

Might explain some things we see around here.

Yes I read about his comment and thought what an arrogant SOB.  That comment more than anything he's said to date proves he really doesn't get it.  Must be nice to know that daddy would fix your legal charges because he had money and power as the PM. 

If it had been you or I we would have been in court so fast our heads would spin.  My dad told me that if I was in trouble with the police don't call him.  If I got my self in trouble I should accept the consequences and get my self out.  Then he would have kicked my ass real hard and I would have known I deserved it.

On the plus side I was able to pick up the mate for my Uberti 1858 Richard Mason conversion yesterday.  Now I have a pair to get slicked up.  I want to try them with BP so despite Turdodumb's comments I'm  in a Pretty Good Mood Today!!!!

Shot our second match of the year yesterday. This one in the mud. The first was in the snow.

I wonder what the boys will dream up for the next one? Quick sand maybe?

Oh well, I still had fun.

Rooster, our Territorial Governor and I bunked in overnight on the range in the motor home. Nice night sitting outside with a warming drink, listening to the geese fly over.

Then an early night and an earlier morning. 

Got more than my money's worth from my match fee - spent more time on the firing line than almost anyone else!:D 

i just sent a couple checks off for income tax to the feds and state , im not just grumpy about that but also because my wife forced us into an extension agaoin by not getting her business paperwork in order on time , i hate extensions ...........so yes i am grumpy today - the last two weeks -and most likely the next 6 months if you bring this up , 

OK, PAGE 3

We're letting Jabez down!!

So, here's a poke at the watab kid:

Ahem!

watab! Did yore Missus get her paper in order? Or do ya need another extension?

Up here, north of the Medicine Line, we get charged penalties of 1% per month on late filing etc. Is going to cost you ?

Oh yeah and :

GET OFF THE GRASS!

I'M GETTIN' GRUMPY!

First, this is on page 3!

Jabez is gonna be disappointed in usn's

Second; and this is makin' me REALLY GRUMPY!

The match at Cornwall has been cancelled. Too much rain and things are flooded out.

I was going even though my knees are aching because of Arthur. (You know: Arthur Itis:

All this rain around here is causing flooding on the banks of the Rideau, Gatineau and Ottawa rivers.

The creek beside my place is getting' near the top, so I'm watchin' it careful like.

• 2 weeks later...

Page 5  HUMPH!!  Jabez ain't gonna be pleased!!

I'm in a GRUMPY mood to begin with!

Another match day cancelled because of a flooded range.This time it was at Grenville.

Oh well, at least Findlay Creek beside our place has gone down.

We shot last weekend in the Sunny South, the weather was great and I had to work extra hard to be Grumpy. Fortunately, I arose to the challenge. Wonder what the weather is like now in Uganda? Mebbe, Jabez will chime in. Did the yard sale thing yesterday with the Inlaws, they made a little money and we had perfect weather and big fun, tough to be grumpy but I did get to run people off the lawn.

Everybody get off the weed infested, overgrown and raggedy lawn.

Imis, who lived up to his alias last weekend

Had to have what was left of the grass whatever that green stuff was growing on my front and side lawns, (I'm on a corner), dug up with a BobCat and trucked away along with some of the grubs and Chinch bugs that resided therein.

New topsoil, peat moss and sod set me back beaucoup $$. Just hope it takes.

Now that I need the rain, it's stopped around here and I have to water.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!