SASS Wire Forum

Snow in Tennessee (flurries) and cold as that ol witch lady. 

Grumpin fer yall that cant for all the snow

Imis

Shootin this Sat 60 degrees and 20% chance of a shower

Blizzard and cold here. Winds are brisk. I sure wish we could see some of that Glow-Ball warming I keep hearing about.

Warm west wind blowing and da snow is going .......

Coffee fer da Grumps ...

Come an help priming Cases ,an watch  Lonesume  Dove

Jabez Cowboy

Blizzard and cold here. Winds are brisk. I sure wish we could see some of that Glow-Ball warming I keep hearing about.

Ya sent yore winter here, didn't ya, ya basket!

Just came in from blowing the driveway and shoveling the veranda. Two to two and a half feet in the flat and close to five where it's drifted.

Blower was just tunneling through the drifts. Stuck cars all over the place.

#1 son just got back from Florida and had to go to work. He's still muttering to himself.

Think I'll go into hibernation mode for a bit.

Never mind the lawn, get off the snow bank and quit knocking down where I just cleared!

Snow is all gone , time fer the summer jacket or vest to be put to use ...

No wind and sunny with the Gophers running around ....

Fresh Coffee fer da Grumps

Jabez Cowboy

27 degrees this am in TN. 48 this afternoon. Gonna be 65 Sat and I think Ill shoot Wild Bunch. That ought to make me grumpy.

Allie Mo, I believes you would have to work at it to achieve a substantial grump.  We do it naturally.

Imis, who lives up to his alias.

Yall just get off.............everything.

No cookies for yall hahahahahahahahahahahah

I fear you misunderstand. I do not believe Allie Mo would intentionally be mean to anyone. She sets boundaries with tact and diplomacy, and will allow no impropriety. That is her job and she does it well. Mean she is not.

Imis

On 3/15/2017 at 8:58 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Ya sent yore winter here, didn't ya, ya basket!

Just came in from blowing the driveway and shoveling the veranda. Two to two and a half feet in the flat and close to five where it's drifted.

Blower was just tunneling through the drifts. Stuck cars all over the place.

#1 son just got back from Florida and had to go to work. He's still muttering to himself.

Think I'll go into hibernation mode for a bit.

Never mind the lawn, get off the snow bank and quit knocking down where I just cleared!

Let me give ya somethin else to be grumpy about..... it was sunny and in the low 70's today here in the Texas Hill Country. :P:lol:

I want my fresh cup of coffee and a cookie for sharing that exciting news! :lol:

Two Spurs - I could get to hate you!:D

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day here. Have our Territorial Governor and a couple of other posse members here to imbibe in a touch of the creature and corned beef and cabbage.

Even had some beer from my ancestors home county, Kilkenny along with Guinnes and Harp.

Tullamore, Jamesons and Bushmills Black for desert.

Goverrnor's staying over. Wives drive the others home.

Get off the lawn.

68 degrees and sunny today here in Cow Country ,,,,,,  Not bad ...

Coffee and Harvest loaf fer da grumps ....

I see they got's my money fer the Canadian Nationals ,,,, Should Be Fun !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Back from spending the weekend promoting Cowboy Action Shooting over the weekend at the Collectors Show in Saskatoon.  Somehow a Pedersolli Lightning and a pair of Cimarron handguns in 44-40 followed me home.  Not much can make me grumpy today.

Grey Beard 

It really is strange how those kinda things happen ...  I guess some folks is Chick magnets ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and some is Gun Magnets ...

Couldn't ya get them in da Right Dash Caliber ??? ,,,,,,,,,,, .38-40...

Is ya going ta shoot Black in them ???

Ah thinks ya's best stick ta them .38s and give me those .44WCF guns so-as ya don't hurt yure self ... What's da barrel length on them guns ...

Maybe I can trade them for some .38 WCF guns ...

Coffee fer da Grumps

Jabez Cowboy

Granny might get upset if I attracted chicks so thank goodness I attract guns.  I've always wanted a set of revolvers in 44-40 for black, these are Cimarron Thunderers with a 5 1/2 in barrel.  The price was right and they came with an action job so they are really slick.  I also have a 66 saddle ring carbine in 44-40 for black that I would use for BP.

I'm not sure what I'll shoot in the lightning, it will be likely just be a play rifle but who knows I thought I might try it in Wild Bunch at some point.  But then again I'm not a big Wild Bunch fan since I don't really care that much for automatic pistols other than the 1911 which I can tolerate.  Don't get me started on the Tupperware guns.   

Yep Plastic ain't fer guns ...

Grump on ...  Coffee is hot an fresh ...

USA grumps ya missed out on a free shoot offer this year ....

Too Bad ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hope you is Grumpy Now !!!

Jabez Cowboy

JABEZ! Ya ornery horn toad!

Quit sendin' your dag nab snow this way!!

Woke up this morning to find another few inches on the ground. Looks like Christmas around here. Again.

IT'S SPRING GOL DURN IT!

Enough already!

OK, I feel better now.

Fresh coffee's on the stove. Help yerself while I make the waffles.

it's plus 6 C here right now and supposed to be up to +11C on Sunday when there is a swap meet at Saskatoon Muzzle Loader Club.  I am hoping to attend and started my final chemo session on Wed when we skated to the Cancer Centre in Saskatoon in freezing rain. 

My infusion bottle that puts the final dose of chemo in to my body over 48 hrs should have been done at about 1:30 pm today.  When I checked the bottle this morning it was still plum full so into the ER in Prince Albert at 8:00am.  Luckily they were able to get it started but it will be Sunday before it comes off so it will be hit and miss getting to the swap meet. 

On one hand I'm happy to have the Chemo nearly behind me but a bit Grumpy because I may not make the swap meet.  I generally come home with another muzzle loader.  A couple years ago I found a nice little 32 calibre squirrel gun for under $200 but you got to be there when the door opens at 10 to get the deals and it's a 2 hr drive.

Edited by Grey Beard

Another layer of snow here.

Wet stuff.

Wet and heavy stuff.

Where the Heck is that there Glow-Ball warming I keep hearing about?

HEY! YOU!

Ya You!

Get off my lawn!

+5 C and raining here this morning supposed to be sunny this afternoon.  What weird weather, hopefully it clears up and isn't to icy to get to the swap meet tomorrow.  Granny says she would like to come along and do some visiting but I think the real reason is to keep me from coming home with to much stuff.  LOL  Don't yah just love a challenge?  Really I can't complain she rarely says anything negative when a new gun comes to live with us. :) 

DD Dick;

Nope Sorry to say I can't make that shoot ....

Getting ready for a return trip to Uganda in April ...

Coffee and Pumkin, Banna, and lemon Loaf  ta go with it ...

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez!

Wondered where you got to.

Back to Uganda are ya?! Well hope ya have a good trip.

Now that pictures have got a little easier to post on the wire, we'll be expecting some here.

Freezing rain here today. Again. Driveway is a skating rink, so I spread some sand, grit and Alaska Ice Melt.

With the current snow cover, we don't want it getting too warm, too fast around here. (The creek beside my place was running high the other day, so I guess the Rideau, Gatineau and Ottawa rivers are starting to rise.) Lookin' for sorta warm days and cold night for a while.

Oh well, at least now I'm retired, I won't be getting calls at 2:00 AM from panicking foreman, telling me the river is overflowing, they ran out of sand bags and they have an ice jamb and no more 40% to blow it. LOL

Now get off my lawn.

That looks like a GRUMPY Cat. He fits right in and I second his nomination.

Get off the lawn.

I think Allie's cat would make a perfect mascot.  Can we name the him Mr. Happy? LOL

Edited by Grey Beard

Thanks Allie ;

I'm right glad my cat wasn't feeling either Grumpy or Hungry ,,,,,,, He was up close , pistol shooting range at our CAS range ...

He must have had his morning coffee .....

Jabez Cowboy

Any Grumps Coming North ta Shoot this Year ???

Any Grumps wanting to come to Uganda ta teach Welding ???

Coffee or Ugandan tea fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Any Grumps Coming North ta Shoot this Year ???

Any Grumps wanting to come to Uganda ta teach Welding ???

Coffee or Ugandan tea fer da Grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez ya know TR's a retired Pipe Fitter now and he can weld anything.  Ya needs ta draft him for Uganda. You already know we'll be up for the National at least.