SASS Wire Forum

Ya Know KId

Ah can't figure it out ,,,,,,,,,, How did a OLE Alberta Boy get Stuck down in OTTAWA ???

Ya must have done something really bad early on in life ...

Ya got a bunch of boarder hoppers down yer way???

Jabez Cowboy

It's - 4C and windy as all get out here this morning but I'm not complaining, I can see the grass on my back lawn. Normally there is 3 to 4 feet of snow on it at this time of year and with only 2 chemo treatments to go who can be grumpy!!

Grey Beard

Grey Beard;

Good ta hear from you,Still holding you in my prayers ...

Hope to see Ya Soon ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Ya Know KId

Ah can't figure it out ,,,,,,,,,, How did a OLE Alberta Boy get Stuck down in OTTAWA ???

Ya must have done something really bad early on in life ...

Ya got a bunch of boarder hoppers down yer way???

Jabez Cowboy

Bad heart. Had to come east for the life saving surgery. Met a girl.

You know the rest.

Ya couldn't drag her out here to GOD's country ???

You coming West ta Shoot this year ???

Ya missed a Super Shoot on da Island in 16...

This year it is in Kamloops not anywhere near as nice a Range but it Should be Fun sent in my entry

this week ...

Plan on Smoking up da Joint !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez:

Naw, by the time I had recovered, I had met the girl of my dreams, was working for the city with really good promotion prospects, was enrolled in courses that led to a CPPO and an MBA and the parents had come back east, where they had originally come from.

Now, too well vested/nestled in the area, watching over a son who needs help,(Bad birth; lack of O2-Don't get me started) a BIL and a SIL in nursing homes, for whom I act as POA, as well as my Church work.

Looking at a bigger more comfortable motor home, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed* could be comfortable in; if I find one, maybe this summer, because I'd love to come in last at some of your matches.

*SWMBO has had a couple of strokes, is severely diabetic and very unstable on her feet, having fallen and hurt herself a number of times.

Back from page 3 ...

Bad form, Wake-up and smell da Snow ,,,, or Not !!!

Coffee and Choclit Chip Cookies fer da Grumps ....

Jabez Cowboy

I want a choklit chip cookie. I would even stay off the lawn for 5 or 6 minutes if I could have a cookie.

Spring has sprung in Middle Tennessee

Imis

Cookies?

Did someone say COOKIES??

Choclit Chip Cookies?

Me want!!

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

Pards Ya ain't so young that ya can't Big-Boy Up and cross da lawn an come in an help yerselves to a cup off Joe and a hand full

of cookies and a Chair ...

It's only the pesky young ones I shoots fer hanging round doing No good ...

Need to get ta loading fer the up-coming season ...

Jabez Cowboy

Hey any Grumps coming north to shoot in Western Canada this year ???

Coffee and Pumpkin pie fer da grumps ...

Jabez Cowboy

Did you know there are only 1705 post to go before this thread goes "POOF"?

Oh yeah, And

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Did you know there are only 1705 post to go before this thread goes "POOF"?

Oh yeah, And

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Then I guess we'll be 3 times as grumpy!!

Only three times as grumpy?

More than that I think. I'm grumpy 'cause Jabez hasn't regaled us with his sojourn in the dark continent. (Is that still politically correct?)

It is 27 degrees in Tennessee this fine Spring morning, We are shooting today (predicted high 56) and I hate cold, it makes me grumpy.

Get off the lawn and get off your butts and get ready to shoot

Imis

cowboy good

Running around -15 here in Canada's capital.

Have to miss a guns show in Renfrew, SWMBO is ill and I don't want to leave her alone.

Now:

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Cold Lake Kid, do they allow you to own shootin irons back there in the land of LIEberals ,of Trudeau & Wynne?

Reluctantly Dapper, reluctantly.

Some of the things endured by range operators, trying to deal with ever changing, contradictory, whimsical and expensive "regulations", not found in anything written down, can be discouraging. Have a look at Canadiangunnutz for some of the antics being reported.

The saving grace is that we still have a number of high profile people who are shooters and CAS participants to boot!

In fact, I was introduced to SASS by a fellow who was in the PMO's office at the time.

My posse has a regular member who was an MP and who is in the PM race. (No, not Kevin O)

A good man, who I support and call a friend.

It's been snowing off and on all day and I can no longer see my lawn. I've cleaned off the walks and deck twice and it's nearly time to clean them a third time. The dog whined at the door to go out and when I opened it she just looked outside then gave me a look like I was crazy and curled up on her blanket. Dang it all this snow is making me Grumpy!!

​Snow get the heck off my LAWN!!!!!!!!

Snow ,,,, Grey Beard ,,,, Now ya's done it ,,,,,,,,,,, Ah got 3 inches Now ...

Oh well plenty of pumkin cookies and Coffee ....

Jabez Cowboy

Pumpkin Cookies?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Sounds good.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   If I start now I can be there in 4 or 5 days.      

Leave a light in the window.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Kid;

Da lights on da west an south side of da house is on .... da south door is da one ta use those that try da west door unannounced could meet lead...

still got's lots of cookies wife made more last night ...plus banana bread an harvest loaf ...

Just put on a new pot of coffee..

loading shotshells for my 16 ga. with 3F

Jabez Cowboy

Edited by Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129

It's down right nasty outside today.  Snowing with high winds, just like a old time blizzard.  Looks like a whole bunch of shoveling is in tomorrows future.  Now that makes me grumpy.  Oh well I'll go load some ammo for spring that always helps.

Banana bread? Oh Boy!

SWMBO makes it when she's feeling well. Nice eating. Neighbours little ones often come a'knockin' when they smell the loaves cookin'

Coffee and a couple of slices of buttered banana bread! :)

12 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

OK  who turned off the heat !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Kind of glad I'm not a brass monkey this morning.  It's colder that a witches breast here today and forecast to be cold for the next few days then back to the plus temps.

Grey Beard

OK, it was 78 on Thursday and it snowed in Tennessee today. No accumulation but D....arn.

Get off the lawn, get warm and Spring ahead tomorrow AM

Imis, who bought Judi ( Jersey Bratt) furniture for her birthday today

10 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

-20 and a foot of snow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now I'm really grumpy !!!

Git often da Lawn !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Got ya beat on the temperature front: Went down to -31 Only a skiffle of snow and it blew away with the high winds!

Blew my flag to rags. Had to hoist a new one this morning. Got three I'll have to discreetly burn.

#1 Son, Big Red, just back from two weeks in Florida; Shorts and sandals before he got on the plane - Parka, toque and Mukluks when he got off.

Well da snow is melting ,,, water is running over da ground most  of da snow should be gone by tonight ....

Fresh pot of coffee and da last of da pumpkin cookies is in sight ....

Got my Order for parts to ship from South Africa to Uganda in the works ...

Now to look at getting back to loading Shotshells with Holy Black ...

Jabez Cowboy