SASS Wire Forum

Attorneys --- Alpo Question ---- Prince

Smoken D

Bare with me, this is in English, not Attorney language.

Now, when a famous, rich, individual, dies and has a will, all of the estate is decided how and to whom it will be given too. Since Prince did not have a will and too much time around Alpo's threads, I got to thinking this morning way before coffee. Prince had no will, I was a Prince fan. Out of every $10 I spend on downloading his music, lets say $5 actually went to his royalty. The other $5 was production cost, middle man, etc. etc. Now, I feel like I have invested in him, and he is Prince Inc. Since he has no will, am I entitled part of the royalty divided back to those who had invested in him? Can I prove I made those downloads? Of course, I paid by credit card and my statement will show as such. Should there also be a class action filed by fans entitled to royalty returns now that the Prince Inc. no longer exist?

There I did it, go from there :lol:

Anybody can sue. That's never in question. The real question is, can you win?

In this case, you'd be lucky if the judge doesn't laugh at you. I guarantee Prince's lawyers will. Your lawyer might too, right after taking your money.

Add to that the fact that states have statutes to govern the disposition of property from the estate of a person who dies without a will - commonly called intestacy. Usually, the division is based upon degrees of relationship - the biggest share to a spouse, lesser amounts to offspring, and so on down the line. However, fans are not in the group that gets to share in the estate. ;)

LL

I think I'm Prince's long lost brother from a different mother. He got all the talent and I got all the looks. I'll be filing my claim on that $300 million as soon as my shyster lawyer gets his bar license reinstated.

Archived