SASS Wire Forum

new brass... everyone using starline?

Hurricane Deck 100366

im gonna tell it like it is - ive always used once fired then shot them till they failed , ive never had an issue in a match except for high primers that were my own fault , various brands over the years , i won some new starline and it loaded harder - my bullets did not sit as well and im not blaming the brass - i think its because im set up for fired brass - im now gonna reload once fired starline to find out , again im not blaming the brass - i think its my setup , ill report back eventually

z

Similar experience here Watab. I've always shot range brass with very few problems and most of those were self inflicted; high primers or missing the beginning of a case split that fouls up the rifle. I do chamber check each round. When I began using Starline I found that using some One Shot case lube ( I know you aren't supposed to need it with pistol ammo ) the first couple of times I reloaded Starline solved most of my problems. Didn't need to change anything on my 550.

z

Similar experience here Watab. I've always shot range brass with very few problems and most of those were self inflicted; high primers or missing the beginning of a case split that fouls up the rifle. I do chamber check each round. When I began using Starline I found that using some One Shot case lube ( I know you aren't supposed to need it with pistol ammo ) the first couple of times I reloaded Starline solved most of my problems. Didn't need to change anything on my 550.

Whether you need case lube or not. a little bit sure helps the machine work easier....

Archived