SASS Wire Forum

Jimmy Spurs Cowboy Gun Works

Cherokee Sam

Have bought two sets of pistolas and just received a set back to be worked up like others (for grandson). Jim's work and service is absolutely first class. I cannot describe how high my recommendation is for his services. Thank You Jim.

Jimmy Spurs is not the Marlin guru Spur. Though he used to slick up Marlins he wasn't 'the guy'

It's my understanding that Jimmy doesn't do rifles any more.

But I think he's keeping busy doing his magic on Rugers.

Jimmy performed his magic on a Vaquero for me a few years ago...half-cock added along wih a transferbarectomy + a few extras.

Smoothest Ruger I own!

PWB

I was at an annual this year and was really happy with my pistols that another known smith slicked up. A pard asked if I wanted to handle his "Jimmy Spurs" Rugers. I did and I sent my pistols to Jimmy the day I got back from the annual. I had no idea they could get so smooth. I had the full race job done (transfer bars out, etc) plus the oversized base pins. I had another annual the day after I got the pistols back and I set two personal best times on 2 stages with the new pistols.

I am convinced that all my cowboy pistols will cross Jimmy Spurs workbench.

Oh, and he does build 73's. When I asked, he said to let him know and I could be put on the list. I didn't ask how long that list was.

Totes

Archived