SASS Wire Forum

When is the last chance to remove empty hull from SG

Chancy Shot, SASS #67163

At our last monthly, I finished a stage using a SXS shotgun. I kept the SG in hand, moved to the rifle, picked it up and moved toward the unloading table I looked down at the SG and there is a hull half way out of the left barrel. I continued to the unloading table and was awarded a MSV as was proper.

My question is -- If I had given the gun a shake to remove the hull before arriving at the unloading table, would I have avoided the penalty or was it too late when I picked up my guns to leave the line?

Chancy

Yes. You have until you fire a shot from next gun - or - if shotgun was last gun fired, then until it leaves your hand at the ULT.

What version are you using?

Latest is February 16

I recently downloaded what I thought was the current version. 21.6

I'll look again

CR

edit - I downloaded in Jan - the new one is 21.8 published in Feb.

"...and was awarded a MSV as was proper. "

It was proper only if you had taken your hand off the shotgun before removing the fired hull. You could have laid the rifle on the unloading table, pulled out the empty hull, and then set the shotgun down without incurring a penalty, as others have said.

At our last monthly, I finished a stage using a SXS shotgun. I kept the SG in hand, moved to the rifle, picked it up and moved toward the unloading table I looked down at the SG and there is a hull half way out of the left barrel. I continued to the unloading table and was awarded a MSV as was proper.

My question is -- If I had given the gun a shake to remove the hull before arriving at the unloading table, would I have avoided the penalty

YES

... or was it too late when I picked up my guns to leave the line?

NO

Chancy

Chancy,

Edit to my previous remarks: If the 10 seconds would put you ahead of me, then it was a proper call and must stand :P

CR

Archived