SASS Wire Forum

Old Lee 12 guage hand loading tool

Hoss

Picked up at a garage sale. Has a couple of Lee powder/shot scoops (metal, not plastic) a primer punch, some sort of tool for setting new primer, and a metal tube that I think is for setting wad. No instructions. Hoping somebody has some instructions they could copy for me???? I doubt I'll ever actually use it, but for $10 could not turn it down!

Neapt, well made old tool. Came complete with heavy cardboard box. Only thing missing were instructions. I think I could figure it out, but hoping somebody could shed some light.

I have the instruction sheet for the loader, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy. I could also scan , and E-mail it also.

Your choice, pard.

BTW; the metal scoops are the older version. later version has plastic scoops, and plastic wad seater.

Is the Box & cover all red in color ?

I have the instruction sheet for the loader, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy. I could also scan , and E-mail it also.

Your choice, pard.

BTW; the metal scoops are the older version. later version has plastic scoops, and plastic wad seater.

Is the Box & cover all red in color ?

PM sent, and yes scoops are metal, and box is red.

Link to YouTube video:

Mike's video is wrong about the decapper. The base of the old hull fits in one end of the large cylinder, allowing you to drive out the spent primer with the decapping pin. The solid dollar sized disc should be permanently secured to the crimping rod.

You put the disc and rod into the large cylinder and use the disc as a smooth surface to seat the new primer.

The red box is the first generation, second generation, black box, with "Lee Loader" printed on the end of the top black cover of the box. And the third generation is in a longer narrow box, lower main box is red, cover is white & Red.

Mine is red box. The base is permanently connected to the crimping rod.

Things go pretty fast if you do batch processing; decap 25 hills, recap 25 hulls, etc. I used one of these for black powder shotshells for about 3 years before finding a used MEC.

I'll get the instruction sheet copied and E-mailed to ya Tomorrow Pard.

Thanks!

I have had two of those kits one had some of the parts missing after a rollover accident but if you go to lees website iirc you'll be able to download the info you are looking for.

I have had two of those kits one had some of the parts missing after a rollover accident but if you go to lees website iirc you'll be able to download the info you are looking for.

Please provide a link, Blackey; I went to Lee's Website and find nothing about the old shotshell reloader. Perhaps I just don't know where to look.

Here's a link to a different YouTube video that shows the correct procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uJfG81hQDA

Archived