SASS Wire Forum

Magnificent Seven remake...

Chief Rick

Not sure what to think about this...

Maybe it could be as good as the original (I did like the new True Grit).

Why can't they just make a new western based off one of Louis L'Amour's great/proven stories?

Would love to see Jubal Sackett on the big screen.

Magnificent1.jpg

635965909808597841-df-19055-r.jpg

That's Denzel Washington. It'll be good. He don't make no bad movies.

It appears that movies are so expensive to make that they are afraid to make anything that isn't already a proven hit. So, rather than anything new we get remake after remake after remake. The new things are on TV Things like the Jessie Stone Series, The Sopranos and the made for TV movies.

Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt are box office gold. Stick em on wa story that was a success already and you probably have a profit.The big Hollywood studios don't like to take risks these days. :(

Magnificent Seven is an American remake of Sevan Sameri . Woo! Copied a Japanese flick . Realy.

I'm happy to see any new Western theme movie even if it's old.

I hope it's better than Bone Tomahalk.

Sure was disappointed in the remake of 3:10 to Yuma At least they are trying to bring us some westerns GW

I'll go see it!! ;)

The only thing I didn't like about the original was Yul Brynner as Chris. I thought Yul was a good actor but not as a cowboy! The accent and shaved head, gimme a break! :wacko:

I'll go see it!! ;)

The only thing I didn't like about the original was Yul Brynner as Chris. I thought Yul was a good actor but not as a cowboy! The accent and shaved head, gimme a break! :wacko:

He wasn't a cowboy. He was a gunman. ;)

And I'd be willing to bet there were all kinds of accents in the old west.

But Yul certainly didn't fit our notion of a silver screen hero did he? :)

Speaking of remakes, I think they remade that movie about the brave good gunfighter or gunfighters who save the townies and the sodbusters, about a thousand times.... at least.

Sometimes the outlaws were hired by the greedy cattle baron, sometimes not.....a few hundred movies each, I suppose.....

I'll go see it!! ;)

Even though Brynner's accent had somewhat of a Russian flavor, if you recall, "Harry" called him a Cajun, and said, "You don't talk so good, but you always know what's going on!" If you look at the opening song from "Paint Your Wagon", the lyrics switch from one accent to another. The West was full of people from all over. So far as Brynner's shaved head is concerned. maybe "Chris" suffered from some disease as a child, resulting in permanent loss of his hair! I've read of that happening...somewhere.

Denzel W, Chris P. , Vince D.and Ethan H. doing a remake of Magnificent Seven, which is based off Kurasawa's Seven Samarai.

Get me some popcorn. I'm in.

Sure does look politically correct.

Because...

No offense to the late Yul Brynner but I'd rather see Denzel as Chris!!

I liked the TV series with Micheal Biehn as Chris the best!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129695/

I've watched "Seven Samurai" and if it hadn't been made into a western it would be a Japanese movie nobody ever heard of. The idea was great the movie, not so much. Magnificent Seven was, in my opinion, a much better film. Will the remake be better than the original? I'll have to see it to know, and I will!

What makes it politically correct?

I must admit that I'm not surprised that in the current atmosphere Chris is a black man but where is the woman who is really better than them all, who plays the gay cowboy and which one is transgender and doesn't know what outhouse to use??

I must admit that I'm not surprised that in the current atmosphere Chris is a black man but where is the woman who is really better than them all, who plays the gay cowboy and which one is transgender and doesn't know what outhouse to use??

I'll guess we'll have to see it to find out! :D

Archived