SASS Wire Forum

Brushed Hard Chromed IAC CB97, sure is pretty!

If you want one, place an order soon. The week of 5/1/17 I returned from Coyote Cap's after he and I did the updates on the last 30 CB97's.  I purchased the remaining stock from IAC. They are now out of them. As of 5/10/17 I am already down to 24. Because I would still like to purchase some more, I have looked and have not been able to find any distributor that has any. The plant in China is now completely retooled and making Savage Arms products.

IAC CB97 with a Brushed Hard Chrome Finish and has all the updates and modifications, Coyote Cap signature and action number on the bolt, very nice regular wood, set up to hold 6 in the mag tube. Everything, except the springs and some small screws, is hard chromed. These sell for $975.00 insured and delivered to your FFL. There is a waiting period to complete the work, estimated time is 5 - 8 weeks. Check with me as I am starting to get ahead of the orders and have some in stock from time to time. If it makes it easier for you I can take a down payment of $350.00 with balance due when yours is ready to ship. Payment is by postal or bank money order. If you are making a down payment your personal check will be ok. Contact me at outlawgambler@gmail.com for ordering and payment information.

I have a limited number of VERY NICE high grade stocks available for an additional $100.00 upgrade.

IAC%20CB00398%20001.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20004.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20005.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20007.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20006.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20010.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Received mine this week. Very nicely finished and super smooth. Outlaw Gambler is great to work with. Took awhile but I finally got the gun out of the store employees hands. They were passing it around checking it out. One of the employees that had spoke with Outlaw Gambler on the phone commented on how nice he was to talk to and how much information he gave about the shotgun. He was impressed and so was I. Now I hope to test it out this weekend.

I'm wishin it were made in 16 gauge.

Got to check one of these out last week thanks to Rootin Tootin Tim, what a great shotgun wish I had some extra cash laying around this would be an awesome present for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can do your trench gun in hard chrome. Did one for a pard and included his bayonet.

Yes still 5 - 7 weeks out. Trying to get ahead of the orders and have some in stock ready to ship.

• 1 month later...

Howdy,

Are the trench gun style legal fer SASS?

Are the shiney ones legal fer SASS?

OR are they ok for certain classes etc?

And do they just shoot cowboy loads or can the shoot full house 12s?

Best

CR

Chili, here are answers to your questions. Thanks for asking.

Are the trench gun style legal fer SASS? Yes they are legal for SASS Wild Bunch, but not other classes, and being used all over the country at SASS matches.

Are the shiney ones legal fer SASS? Yes the "shiney" ones are legal.

OR are they ok for certain classes etc? If they have the heat shield they are only legal for Wild Bunch. The same as the blued models.

And do they just shoot cowboy loads or can the shoot full house 12s? They will handle any load you put into them. White Labs in Chicago tested the chambers to something around 44,000.

All 97's, Winchester or IAC. Original Winchesters MIGHT be a little more $ depending on if pitted and how deep. Requires more buffing/sanding. Just did a original 87 with 5 diget serial number that did not require extra work or $.

• 2 weeks later...

Just pick mine up last night and I'm one happy Cowboy! :D I too had a hard time getting it out of the hands of the FFL folks!

I just shot my New Hard Chrome 97 this weekend and what a surprise! :) The action was so easy I had to wonder if I was working it correctly! Great gun and well worth the money. Thanks Outlaw Gambler

Widder you need one! :unsure:

I just shot my New Hard Chrome 97 this weekend and what a surprise! :) The action was so easy I had to wonder if I was working it correctly! Great gun and well worth the money. Thanks Outlaw Gambler

Widder you need one! :unsure:

Howdy ACE.

I've been tempted but every time I tell myself to 'go for it', I check out my shooting funds and realize I need not buy another 97.

But I do love the IAC models and that is all I shoot. I don't own any Winchester branded 97's.

My 04, 06, 09 and CB prefixed 97's have served me well and continue to take a beating from me, not only in dry fire practice but in local and big matches.

I'll have to check your's out some day.

..........Widder

Sign up for the Ides of March Florida State match and you can try her out! Have fun at your match this coming Saturday! Sounds like you are getting some great tips from your friends :angry:

Dang,

This is one handsome shotgun. If I was a '97 shooter instead of a SxS shooter, I would have to have a hard chromed '97.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

PS Widder should have one of these.

IAC CB97 with a Brushed Hard Chrome Finish and has all the updates and modifications, Coyote Cap signature and action number on the bolt, very nice regular wood, set up to hold 6 in the mag tube. Everything, except the springs and some small screws, is hard chromed. These sell for $895.00 delivered to your FFL. There is a waiting period to complete the work, estimated time is 5 - 7 weeks. If it makes it easier for you I can take a down payment of $350.00 with balance due when yours is ready to ship. Payment is by postal or bank money order. If you are making a down payment your personal check will be ok. Contact me at outlawgambler@gmail.com for ordering and payment information.

I have a limited number of VERY NICE high grade stocks available for an additional $100.00 upgrade.

IAC%20CB00398%20001.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20004.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20005.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20007.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20006.jpg

IAC%20CB00398%20010.jpg

This is a great '97! Smooth as butter, and prettier then my wife! Ooops did I type that out loud? Good thing she isn't on the wire! LOL :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Outlaw Gambler, I picked up my Chromed 1897 today!

WOW, I can't believe how slick the action is on this gun. I can't wait to shoot it!

This is my "Chinese Made Winchester" or "Chinchester" model 1897 in 12 gauge.

I bought it from Classic Old West Guns, who get the guns with Coyote Cap Action jobs and then send them out to be hard chromed. I can't believe how slick it is!

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

With my Stainless Marlin
DSCN0011.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Rolan,

That is almost too purdy to shoot.

Almost...