SASS Wire Forum

new to me SKB 300E English

Hurricane Deck 100366

So this followed us home from Land Run this year, it's actually the wifes. She bought it from Johnny Meadows. its an SKB 300E English field grade. just beautiful! Has the full cowboy treatment of course.

all that engraving makes me nervous. any tips or tricks to disassembly for cleaning? anything else I need to know about this shotgun? odd ball Brownell tips I need to order right now?

if I screw this shotgun up, I'm going to just move out to the Arizona desert.

20160407_215034_zpsiy9flrn6.jpg

20160407_215016_zps2sx1jjkz.jpg

20160407_214903_001_zpsdscu1veu.jpg

Great looking Shotgun but are you sure thats a 300e? I opened this thread hoping to see something different I never heard of before being used in SASS. But honestly, I believe you have a 200e. unless the 300 designates all the scroll work?

Brownells has a 18 tip European-thin-blade magna tip set. Well worth it for this gun. Handy for many others.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/screwdrivers-sets/magna-tip-bit-sets/magna-tip-thin-bit-set-prod44342.aspx

Good luck, GJ

I have a 200E that looks very much like yours but there is no engraving on the barrels.

I believe it is called the SKB Royal.

As Chicago Ken said perhaps the 300E designation is for the extra engraving

I know your wife will enjoy shooting that beautiful gun.

Congratulations on a great find.

Stoney

It is a model 300 made for the English market. It has no model designation on the barrels or action. They didn't make a lot of them, but their statement describing the 300 was "similar to a model 200 with slightly different engraving and more engraving than a 200. I have seen three of them in 15 years. I still have one.

Johnny Meadows

The imported American SKB designated as a model 300 is a semi auto.

It is a model 300 made for the English market. It has no model designation on the barrels or action. They didn't make a lot of them, but their statement describing the 300 was "similar to a model 200 with slightly different engraving and more engraving than a 200. I have seen three of them in 15 years. I still have one.

Johnny Meadows

The imported American SKB designated as a model 300 is a semi auto.

Thanks JM. She just loves it!

I have an SKB 300 that I shoot. I saw your shotgun last weekend. The 300 I have I bought it several months back and it was unfired in the original box. Its marked on the barrel Model 300 same as a 200. Mine has a polished receiver it looks just like a 200 with the exception it has more engraving. Its a nice shotgun. Good luck with yours Johnny does good work.

Goatneck

Archived