SASS Wire Forum

Attracting young shooters = less rules.........

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Ok, opening the can of worms here to answer your question. Remember You asked. Don't crucify me for my thoughts and opinion. I got beat up on the other thread. While the basic idea is just that an idea open to discussion. I have modified my thoughts below from my original idea as some folks did provide positive feedback and opened my mind to options.

I made the example of a modern cowboy class. Allowing any Single action or double action revolver as long as its shot in Single action style. Design modern cowboy scenarios to suit the weapons and use of only revolver. Any lever action rifle and any shotgun. Limitations put on those weapons so they arn't distructive or dangerous. This would allow people to use weapons they may already have and not need to borrow thus keeping the entry cost into the sport less. Since the name of the game is Single Action Shooters or Cowboy Action shooters. In my opinion the spirit of the game would remain intact however it would provide a path for new people to start with.

Obviosly more thought and time would need to be put into it if it were adopted but its a basic concept.

Okay, I now understand what you're talking about. No need at all for crucifixion, your ideas aren't at all new and are actually valid. From what I understand many clubs have done exactly what you've suggested in the past. Where I think most of the resistance to your ideas comes from is your suggestion of formally changing existing rules. There's no need. Clubs are free to do exactly what you're suggesting and like I said, some have done so.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I actually started shooting SASS late in life (51) I have been following it since the start. (I was raised in SoCal). I have shot just about every discipline out there and loved most of them. Being active in NRA training I see a lot of new shooters and the youth I see in all of the shooting sports normally are introduced by adults and the enthusiasm of that adult is key to the amount of they’re involvement. That said, even when a young shooter loves the game, most will succumb to “the fumes”, exhaust fumes and perfumes. Basically life gets in the way.

While I would have loved to shoot cowboy my whole life, it just wasn’t high on the priority list until the kids were out of the house. Both my kids were introduced to many shooting sports including cowboy and also love to shoot, and do locally when they have the time. And while my daughter may not jump into CAS I think my son will pick it up when the time for him is right.

I’ve only ever seen “the rules” as a reason not to shoot a discipline a couple of times and that was with new IDPA shooters, they would complain about too many rules and never come back.

Looks like I'm late to the party again.

I agree with Deuce, rules are not the reason.

What I think we all need to realize is this...

THIS GAME IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!

I have talked with a whole lot of people about CAS and with my youtube channel have been a lightning rod to an extent of peoples nasty comments about how they will never do CAS because.....fill in the blank.

What it comes down to is what I said above, this game ain't for everyone. Many like to be nasty and try to make it sounds like the game is at fault because it doesn't fit them, but in reality it's the other way around, they don't fit the game, and most I would bet wouldn't play even if they were allowed to do all the stuff they say they want.

It's amazing to me how people who have never attended a cowboy match can assume they know everything about the sport based on one video and what their buddy Joe Bob Billy Ray said down to the feed store.

When folks leave nasty comments about what they think is wrong with the game, I try to respond with the facts, let them know the game isn't for everyone, and wish them well with hope that they find a shooting sports that meets their wants.

This game is not for everyone.

Second - I've been in this game for 7 years now, and since the beginning I read posts of gloom and doom and how the game will die off unless we do this or do that. It ain't happened yet. And quite frankly most times I read that it's folks just bitching and moaning rather than trying to do something constructive IMO.

3. Having some sort of path people could grow into the game would IMHO be beneficial. A path without borrowing items everytime a person comes out. However I suggested this in another thread and was tore a new one.

Keep the rules as they are for those that want to participate in the class they are in. However creating classes with rules specific for beginners would not be a bad thing. The key would be to mandate advancement to the non beginner classes. Give a person time to aquire the tools to compete in the classic classes.

Howdy Ken, first what we have are categories not classes. Class is where you go to learn RO I and RO II ;) . As for a path to play this game there is one, folks can borrow what they need untill they can slowly aquire the right firearms. We have a couple of shooters that took well over two years to get everything they needed. If you are just dead set against borrowing I'd think you need to buy at least one single action revolver to shoot a one revolver category. There is no need to change the rules to handle this....example; Stage calls for 10 pistol, 10 rifle and 4 shotgun. One revolver shooter can shoot five of the pistol targets and then takes misses for the other 19 targets. Or they can shoot five pistol targets-reload and shoot five more...then take misses for the other 14 targets. If there are more than one shooting this one revlover category-style they can get together and deduct all the misses for the unfired rounds to see how they stack up against each other in real time. IMHO that's more than fair.

I made the example of a modern cowboy class. Allowing any Single action or double action revolver as long as its shot in Single action style. Design modern cowboy scenarios to suit the weapons and use of only revolver. Any lever action rifle and any shotgun. Limitations put on those weapons so they arn't distructive or dangerous. This would allow people to use weapons they may already have and not need to borrow thus keeping the entry cost into the sport less. Since the name of the game is Single Action Shooters or Cowboy Action shooters. In my opinion the spirit of the game would remain intact however it would provide a path for new people to start with.

Obviosly more thought and time would need to be put into it if it were adopted but its a basic concept.

Any firearm modern cowboy class category just ain't gonna fly.....I run the timer a good bit, myself and other ROs are not gonna feel comfortable with a bunch of different weapons firearms they know nothing about. I think you'll find any of our clubs, match directors and shooters will go out of their way to help anyone wanting to get started in SASS. I'm sure if I went to a 3-Gun match with my Marlin-Glenfield .22, a pair of 73 Colts and a 26" Win 97 that they would not let me shoot in their match. Try it our way for while, I think you'll like it. If I'm not mistaken NCOWS has a one or two gun category.....but it's not gonna be any gun. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

It's not the 'rules' per-se.
It may be the classes...as a new shooter I found them confusing and overhwhelming. Everybody gets a ribbon is the reality LOL.

the other challenge, and it applies to any newbie to a discipline is the 'rules' of the game..while they're pretty simple in overview then can seem to be a lot of them to a new shooter.

sweeps (how many different names?), every stage has a different arrangement, sequence, etc.

Once you shoot 1/2 dozen matches it gets a lot easier.

I've had the same experience with IDPA. Until the 'rules' become second nature it's very much a mind-game, trying to remember all the bits and pieces.

Just remember the ages of the national champions...

I'm sure if I went to a 3-Gun match with my Marlin-Glenfield .22, a pair of 73 Colts and a 26" Win 97 that they would not let me shoot in their match. Try it our way for while, I think you'll like it. If I'm not mistaken NCOWS has a one or two gun category.....but it's not gonna be any gun. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

As with anything out of the ordinary, ask ahead of time and you may be surprised at how accommodating some can be. I just happen to know of a 3gun match in NC that would allow you to shoot that way. The only issues I see with a CAS shooter playing 3 gun is the extra pistol being frowned upon if they don't know you, maybe PF, and BP if it's an indoor match. Other than that CAS guns are easy on targets. I shot a pistol only match with (6) single actions the other day and had a blast, even missed out on last place.

Go Deuce. Our game does not compare with 3 gun, IDPA, IPSC or any of the others. Even NCOWS is far different. I like what we have.

I see something in the "new" ideas that I see around our home. People leave Çalifornia because they can't stand the laws and restrictions then immediately attempt to get local laws changes and restrictions added so they can be more like California.

We are fine like we are!

Go Deuce. Our game does not compare with 3 gun, IDPA, IPSC or any of the others. Even NCOWS is far different. I like what we have.

I see something in the "new" ideas that I see around our home. People leave Çalifornia because they can't stand the laws and restrictions then immediately attempt to get local laws changes and restrictions added so they can be more like California.

We are fine like we are!

Noz, I agree with that about the laws.

I live quite ways from town and on a private road. New folks want to come in and pave the road or get cable and natural gas. My first question is did you have those things where you moved from? When they say yes, I asked why they left? And then why did you move to somewhere you don't like?

People leave Çalifornia because they can't stand the laws and restrictions then immediately attempt to get local laws changes and restrictions added so they can be more like California.

SASS Wire rules prevent me from expressing my true feelings about these people. :angry:

Noz, I agree with that about the laws.

I live quite ways from town and on a private road. New folks want to come in and pave the road or get cable and natural gas. My first question is did you have those things where you moved from? When they say yes, I asked why they left? And then why did you move to somewhere you don't like?

Well in all fairness, if you've ever had a chance to look at housing costs here, you would get an answer for the why you left part. But yeah, that doesn't explain moving out where there are no amenities you are accustomed to when there are plenty of other places that have them. I can't tell you how often I wish I lived away from town on a private dirt road with no cable.

Yep I live kinda out in the sticks and can't get cable, no cell phone service animal control won't even show up most of the time. I got some new neighbors from out of state (won't say where as I don't want to offend anyone) and when I was down at our little market the other day and two of them were loudly proclaiming how backwards we are because their cell phones don't work and they can't get cable tv.

Deuce

I agree with you 100%. I just want to know if you are going to do a video to show us the proper way to do the "Mall Ninja Creep"?

Turkey Bob

Deuce

I agree with you 100%. I just want to know if you are going to do a video to show us the proper way to do the "Mall Ninja Creep"?

Turkey Bob

Our shooting sport does require a lot more gear than most other shooting sports to get started. In order to begin to shoot trap legally all you need is a shotgun. For skeet or sporting clays a shotgun that can fire two rounds quickly. For the pistol shooting sports all you need is a pistol that meets the specs of the sport, not that expensive for an entry level gun. We used to have a post comparing the various costs at the going rate of alternative gear to start up our sport. It was interesting in that if you wanted to start with really competitive gear it cost about double the start up cost of cheap gear. The top gear included gunsmithing and mods. It did give new shooters the high and low costs of getting started tho. These costs included both leather and a gun cart. Seems like Longhunter started those threads, if I remember correctly. About the only shooting sports that I can think of that comes close are some of the tactical 3 gun shooting sports, and they might exceed our costs to be really competitive.

A few years ago, I ran a new shooter seminar at our club for several years on the afternoon before the club monthly shoot. I brought guns, leather gear and ammo for everyone to use that did not have same. Most of these folks could then safely shoot a match the next morning using my gear or what they had and had a ball. I let them keep shooting my gear until they either got their own or quit (few). I wanted them to shoot my pistol and rifle ammo so I made sure of the quality. They provided their own factory shotgun ammo. I had guns and gear set up for men, women and children. Now that I have passed the baton, I have given this gear to my sons and daughter in law hoping someday my twin grandsons will get interested. Already have one son deep into the game.

Yep I live kinda out in the sticks and can't get cable, no cell phone service animal control won't even show up most of the time. I got some new neighbors from out of state (won't say where as I don't want to offend anyone) and when I was down at our little market the other day and two of them were loudly proclaiming how backwards we are because their cell phones don't work and they can't get cable tv.

We could all use a little backwards

As a religious watcher of Wednesday Night At The Range on the Outdoor Channel I've heard the same thing numerous times. THE fastest growing segment of shooters are WOMEN. I started in the game late at 54 with my then 13 yo son and we shot the two local monthly matches and were having a ball. Last year my wife joined in and now we shoot every weekend and travel a lot more than I ever would have all because of her. We need to find a way to attract more female shooters into the sport for more than just the growth of the sport but also I'd much rather look at a pretty Cowgirl that can shoot all while making it look so easy. Besides most of you old codgers are gettin' a little on the crusty side :blink: anyway. My point is we're missing a large segment of the population and like any other activity, you get the women the men will follow.

Good post Deuce..

I think the younger folks, like folks here on the wire have stated, get their attention diverted elsewhere as they age.. Girls maybe??

As far as the expense involved..

My grandson plays baseball.. he's in the 9-10 year old division..

He has baseball bats that cost $300.00...

​A baseball glove well over $50.00..

Baseball cleats almost $100.00..

He practices twice a week...

They have their rules in their game...

He has to abide by their rules or not play the game...

but... that's his cup of tea..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' it's kinda' like our game... spend the $$ and play by our rules..

.... and become part of our family.

Good post Deuce..

I think the younger folks, like folks here on the wire have stated, get their attention diverted elsewhere as they age.. Girls maybe??

As far as the expense involved..

My grandson plays baseball.. he's in the 9-10 year old division..

He has baseball bats that cost $300.00...

​A baseball glove well over $50.00..

Baseball cleats almost $100.00..

He practices twice a week...

They have their rules in their game...

He has to abide by their rules or not play the game...

but... that's his cup of tea..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' it's kinda' like our game... spend the $$ and play by our rules..

. . . and become part of our family!

While i think cost is definitely a factor, some of the people my age and younger/older (I'm 29) are spending large sums of money on an AR for 3 gun. It's not uncommon for someone to have over 2 grand into just their AR. That's on top of a pistol and shotgun. That one expenditure, could get you close to started in this game if not completely geared up, assuming you're frugal and shop around for deals on used equipment. It wouldn't be top of the line equipment, but you could easily get started for that amount.

I think it's more of a mindset caused by video games and movies. I know for a large chunk of my childhood, I was watching John Wayne and Clint Eastwood with my dad, not Rambo and playing Call of Duty. The portrayal of the old west has been shadowed by the portrayal of the Hollywood soldier. Kids aren't growing up playing cowboys and Indians (for one it's no longer politically correct).

I think the 3 gun hype is going to be harder to overcome for a younger crowd than anything. Don't get me wrong I'd like to participate in 3 gun as well as CAS, but I think the modern guns and the allure of them to today's younger crowd is more of what keeps them from trying it out than the rules. Just my .02

I agree, cost is/is not a factor when guys in there 20's have AR's, tac shotguns, glock, ETC..... I have a lot of friends between 25-35 who could afford it, just one problem, they don't WANT to do it, all of them know I compete in SASS and all have come out to watch or have seen videos, they just don't want to do it. Also we are competing with IPSC,IDPA,3 gun, these sports are more popular with the younger crowd. One thing I notice is most people have never heard of sass but they all have heard of 3 gun. That tells me sass needs to get the word out to attract new members as well.

It is not the rules that keep them away.

SASS is a little bit of shooting and a whole bunch in socializing.

SASS & snow skiing have similarities, (cost, time, effort, action), other than snow skiing has considerable more skiing time per day vs actual shooting at SASS. If I could only make one ski run per day, I wouldn't do it either, not enough action time.

If spouse is not interested in SASS, then you may be in trouble.

If you have small kids, you may be in trouble. If they like shooting & spouse likes shooting, then life is good. But if one of the children has no interest, then mom&child will stay home or go do other things. Soon, you will follow them.

As children age (school age), they will want to be with kids their own age, School function and the like.. There goes child and mom, and soon, you will go too.

If younger person can not socialize with much older people, listen to repeated good ol day stories, then the social attraction isn't there.

Of course, cost keeps some away as well, or they can take their limited disposable income and do other things besides.

SASS is really geared to the empty nesters.

sorry

I have actually been talking SASS to anyone who will listen. People have varying degrees of interest. My girlfriend shot it once and said, "Wait so I get to dress up? We'll be doing a lot of this and a little of the other stuff." The worst answer I got was from a decent shooter that said he wasn't ready to retire yet! Haha. Ouch. One friend of mine invited me to shoot his Zombie Shooters Association pistol match with my single actions when he found out I played CAS. It was a blast! Some people really expressed interest during this cross over period and I was fortunate enough to let a youngster play with my pistols on a plate rack. He went low then high and then right on. Very cool to coach him through his first shots with a wheelgun.

I don't feel financial cost is an issue either. An ATV, watercraft, motorcycle, etc. all cost more than a CAS setup. As Deuce said, rules aren't the problem. I'm one of the youngsters in SASS and I'm soon to be 57. All SASS members need to work hard at bringing new shooters out and get them involved. The majority of younger shooters could care less about costume contests, banquets, Roy Rogers, and Gene Autry. The younger shooters have little interest in John Wayne or Eastwood movies if they've even heard of them. I know this sounds like blasphemy Their interest is in the shooting. Catering to younger shooters (under 50) is going to involve some changes the older shooters may not like.

i dont disagree in general , i do find these days we might need to open our minds to a few quirks that might seem a little less than traditional - and only to allow a bit more spirit of the game in my mind , in that i have no issue with the steam punk approach as long as it stays within the old west venue of the "james west" B-western era of that TV show , and im not advocating changing the rules really - perhaps broadening our horizon to include this within the known category that already allows the fiftys cowboy looks ,

not advocating for space cowboys here by any means , yet trying to be tolerant of the fact life changes every day , even among us ,

maybe its cause im near twice your age and remember thinking that fiftys cowboys were 'modern' - a CJ jeep was not a horse and most cowboys did not carry a guitar , its a compromise and acknowledgement that even in the days following the civil war when we look to them these were 'modern' cowboys compared to those that road before them , and really the 1870s -80s saw huge changes in what a cowboy really was ,

Let's see if we can get this stampeding herd back under control and settled down. Deuce's original posting was spot on, and very well spells out some of the challenges we face in attracting younger shooters to Cowboy Action Shooting. We do not need to add any more categories, or additional rules...we need to promote the sport, and become proper ambassadors for the sport.

When is the last time you personally took a new shooter under your wing, and showed them how much fun it was to shoot a Cowboy Action Match. With proper encouragement, coaching and mentoring, new shooters will be more likely to stay with the sport, rather than drifting away from it.

When a new shooter is looking for their equipment, steer them to firearms that will work well for a new shooter, and not take up all of their savings in the process. A Rossi 92 rifle is an excellent choice for a new shooter, and can be had new or used for around $500. A Stoeger SxS shotgun can be had, new or used for under $400. For revolvers, a pair of Uberti Hombres or Cattlemen will serve them well, and will run them under $1000, even less if they can find a used pair. For leather, a good inexpensive starter rig - two holsters, a gunbelt and shotgun slide can be had for a low price from Cabelas or Midway, for well under $200.00. As the shooter grows with the sport, and figures out what categories they prefer, they can purchase newer firearms, leather and such...and while doing so, they'll still have their starter set to shoot with in the meantime.

It can be very intimidating to tell a new shooter that they have to buy brand-x 1873 rifle, for $1500, then they have to ship their new, unfired rifle off to Joe Snuffy Gunsmithing to be completely reworked, for an additional $500. Then tell them they need to spend $1000 on brand-y SxS shotgun, then ship it, unfired again, to Ferd Snuffy Gunsmithing to be reworked, for only $300 or so. And don't forget their revolvers, they need top of the line brand-z revolvers, at $700 each, that, unfired once again, need to be sent off to Vern Snuffy Gunsmithing to be reworked, for an additional $200 each. And last but not least, they need the wowee-kazoweee top of the line performance gunleather from Bubba's Sacred Cowflesh Saddlery Works, for only $500 or so. It all adds up to a heck of a lot of money that we tell a new shooter they have to invest, "just to play the game" with the big boys and girls.

Let's get back to keeping it simple, remember the "KISS" philosophy, and encourage new shooters...not scare them away.

Gosh, I've been playing this game for 30 years... not regularly for the past several... but, I'm constantly astounded that folks say they just now heard about it. I first read about it in Guns & Ammo in 1983. Then spent almost 2 years trying to find out where this match called "End of Trail" was held at... found out by happy accident. When we started our club, we spent many hours at gun shows, with flyers, a table and sometimes, just folks wandering around in costume. It's a never ending project... as most folks wander thru life with blinders on... you need to put whatever you're sellin' right in their face.

Most other action shooting sports have more rules and are more strict as to penalties (multiple procedurals, only kind of safety is a match DQ) . It's not the rules that keep folks away from SASS. You have think about the culture around us. When I was five (1959) there were 29 PRIMETIME westerns on TV EVERY week. Admittedly that was the high point but leading up to 1959 and slowly going down to about 1972 there were still westerns on TV. We grew up with cowboys on the brain. Kids now just can't relate. 3 gun and other modern firearm sports are growing because folks see that type of firearm in the Movies and TV (and now Video). Additionally the gear is less (not necessarily less expensive, just less gear). And they can use that same firearm for self defense or Concealed Carry. I don't see it as a trend that we will likely buck.

Steampunks & Jules Verne-20,000 Leagues Under The Seas and Around The World in 80 day movies were released in the mid 1950's, during the height of Westerns. I am wondering if Steampunk theme will suffer the same disconnect with younger shooters as does Cowboys?

Time will tell.

When was SASS's growth ever based off of YOUTH?

The youth of this sport typically disappear when real life starts happening to them. Do we have some that continue to shoot....sure but not many. My oldest son is a prime example. College overrides shooting....Soon (hopefully) working will override shooting. I love shooting with our young shooters....I love to see Lefty Lucy getting advice from Hawkeye Gin....I love seeing the Hot Dogs tearing down a stage......I just don't think they are the immediate future of our sport. Most likely when they get out on their own they are not going to have time or money for our sport.....

Who we need to target are the next group of retirees.....they have time and money which are two essentials for this game.

How do we do that?

Continue to offer a fun friendly atmosphere where you can butt heads against your friends and have a reasonable assurance that if you travel you will get to play the same game that you play back home.

We also need to keep in mind that our sport is not for everyone.....and that's ok.

Stan - who thinks Deuce is DEAD ON!!!!!!

Santa Fe River Stan brings up a very astute point that seems to be ignored, yet has the most common sense approach to the topic.

Deuce put it well. It was also good to hear the input from Creek County Kid and Dukes Up Dan. No need to water things down and loose our identity when the established fact is that there are more than enough things for newbies to use at the range- offered by the folks who, by doing so, make up the prime example of what this is all about- "the cowboy way". If someone's pride won't let them use somebody's guns for a match or three, it's them who loses, not our game......because........

Like Stan said, "We also need to keep in mind that our sport is not for everyone.....and that's ok."

You have to find folks who like the stuff we like. Sometimes they don't know they like it until they see it in action and try it.

I just turned 39 and this is my second year back into CAS. I shot for about a year around 12 or so years ago, but I'm an odd duck for sure. I go for the historical aspects of the guns, gear and costumes. I want to get the right looking hat and boot and clothes for the period and region I'm representing. I guess this makes me a cowboy fashion junky. ;) I would never shoot a Ruger or a pump shotgun because it don't fit in my mind of what I want to do. Having said that, this is just my personal goal and the nice thing about the rules is there is room for everyone, including the steampunk stuff if it brings more people. Usually the younger set who like steampunk stuff are not gun people, but comic book people in my experience.

Out of about two dozen or so friends I know who shoot, most of them are into modern guns, CCW or Military Surplus. (I like all these too, especially military stuff) These are good guys and good Americans who work hard and provide for their families and all that stuff. Out of that group there are about 4-6 who show any real interest in Cowboy stuff. Out of that half dozen or so, three have come to see a match, one for the whole time.

I told them all that I will provide all the guns and ammo as well as leather and stuff they need to shoot with me anytime. Out of those three, one is planning to shoot this year. He really likes it and want's to shoot classic cowboy as all the good looking classy shooters do. :D But he does not have the stuff and does not have extra funds so he'll shoot a different category at first. No big deal, it will be awesome to have a buddy to shoot with!

This is how you expand our sport, one friend at a time. I'll keep working on the others in hopes that they get the bug too. Some might and some won't, but you never know. I never shut up about it anyway. :D

DD

SASS Wire rules prevent me from expressing my true feelings about these people. :angry:

I completely agree with your "non-Expressed" opinion

Shooting sports as you all know is very expensive. The cost today for guns, ammo, reload equipment and so on is not cheap. Getting youngsters involved is not hard to do but keeping the interest going for them once they reach the mature age changes a lot of things. The boy's start to notice girl's and visa versa and then they have other things like wanting to drive and etc. Plus other type's of activity that has been mentioned above such as ATV's and Dune Buggy's, etc. Lots of folks out there also who don't care about firearms and never educated in the use of them

As far as rules and procedures to follow we have got to stick with those to keep our heads above water. That's even the law of the parents to do also for all house holds have to have rules and try and keep the youngsters from going the wrong way down the road.

One thing for sure is that I will continue to enjoy this game, stay involved with SASS. Cause I'm a Cowboy..

P.S. Reading all the above posts have real meanings and I agree with what they have said and what they believe in.

In teaching a whole lot of new shooters the CAS game there are a few questions about rules that pop up from time to time, and even get a bit of pushback but no one ever quits because of them. Examples:

Carrying guns muzzle up

Limit of only two rounds in a SG at a time

Why limit movement with a loaded gun that SASS rules have

Why no jacketed ammo-other shooting sports use same type targets

Low PF

What I do see is a lot of new shooters that end up with totally bad selections for leather, pistols, rifles, shotguns that make shooting our sport a lot less fun than it should be. Nothing frustrates a new shooter like his rifle jamming on every stage while watching others that seem never to have an issue. Guns that require a gorilla to cycle the action or open the gun. Shotguns you have to break open over their knees every stage. Caliber selections that have recoil that they can not handle physically for whatever reason.

Archived