SASS Wire Forum

Bama Red's Last Ride - Last Stage, Last Match - Stage 5 at Cavern Cove April, 3

Bama Red

Well, it's over. Final stage of my final match. And just in time

Now the bad news: I've been taken off the slow-moving local train and put on the midnight overnight express mail train. I had been given a prognosis of 3 months - 2 years. After the latest trip to the hospital (Sun night - Tues. night), the docs agree that I have 1 - 3 months max, trending towards the shorter timeline. I'll stay on here as long as y'all can make sense of what I'm saying, but I already see some deterioration of my mental faculties, which were never all that great anyway.

See y'all along the trail!

http://www.cancercenter.com/leukemia/symptoms/?source=GGLPS01&channel=paid+search&InvocaID=Non_Branded_Paid_Search+Google_Cancer_Search&DeviceType=t&Budget=Corporate&Site=GOOGLE&Campaign=Non+Brand%3ECancer+Type%3A+Leukemia&AdGroup=Symptoms%3EGeneral%3EBroad&Term=myelodysplastic+syndrome+leukemia&MatchType=Broad&KenshooID=798bf244-ddac-45d5-a844-7a5e6ebde5b0&KenshooProfileID=422&KenshooKeywordID=407432

Ride safe partner. Keep the herd gathered and we'll help ya bring 'm in as soon as we get there. Laylow Curly and a host of others will be there to help you keep their noses into the wind.

Our thoughts and prayers follow you where ever you go

--Dakota Skipper and the Dawg

You've done life in style pard....prayers up for God to make the trip easy when He calls you home.

Kajun

Prayers up for the best time ever from now until the Lord calls your name.

Howdy Bama Red,

Sorry to learn of your prognosis. Sure am pleased you had the LAST RIDE with your pards & pardettes. Happy trails to you. May God bless you, family & friends during this most difficult time.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

If you can, fight it all the way. My prayers are with you.

You are an inspiration to all of us in sharing the battle of your illness and continuing to show courage and strength through it all. I will pray for you and your loved ones during this time and ask the great one to show mercy and bring peace to you pard.

So very sorry to hear this, Red. Just keep you eye on the trail and remember that you

are in His hands. My prayers for you and your family for peace and comfort in this rough

spot in the trail. God bless you.

Bama Red,

There is a Biblical story of King David loosing one of his children... (II Samuel, chapter 12)

After the child passed away, the Bible tells us of the belief and faith that King David expressed.

And if I may paraphrase, David stated that we may not always have our love ones with us, but we shall one day go to be with them.

We won't always have our loved ones with us on this earth, but because of God's Grace and Mercy, believers will still one day be together again.

Thank you for sharing with us about your eminent situation. No doubt it is heartbreaking for us. But the joy of hope in reuniting helps bare the weight of these trying times.

May God bless you and your family and may Peace and Comfort be manifested in these moments.

..........Widder

Bama Red,

There is a Biblical story of King David loosing one of his children... (II Samuel, chapter 12)

After the child passed away, the Bible tells us of the belief and faith that King David expressed.

And if I may paraphrase, David stated that we may not always have our love ones with us, but we shall one day go to be with them.

We won't always have our loved ones with us on this earth, but because of God's Grace and Mercy, believers will still one day be together again.

Thank you for sharing with us about your eminent situation. No doubt it is heartbreaking for us. But the joy of hope in reuniting helps bare the weight of these trying times.

May God bless you and your family and may Peace and Comfort be manifested in these moments.

..........Widder

+1 Could not add any words better than those.

Bama Red,

We have never met in person; my loss. We did some deals together thanks to the Classifieds, and it became clear you are one of the good ones.

Thanks for having the courage to let us know what's going on so we can hold you in our hearts.

Ride easy my friend.

Red - Vaya con Dios pard. Though we never crossed paths in this life I look forward to it in the life to come. May God grant you and your family peace and comfort. Been a heck of a ride and from what I have seen you did it with style and grace and compassion.

Grizz

I'm stunned... and I'll echo the sentiments expressed above.

Prayers are up for you and yours. :(

Prayers Up!

Lost another friend to the Big C just last week. Came here to try and cheer myself up and saw this. :(

Bama Red,

We don't know each other, except through the wire, but your indomitable spirit, through all the trials and tribulations you have suffered these last few years, are a true testament to the courage you possess. Makes me proud to know you, even if it is just on here.

May the Good Lord grant you peace and comfort as you deal with what lies ahead and may He guide the hands of the Docs and Nurses as they care for you through the days ahead.

God Bless,

DD

Bama - I have not been on the Saloon in a while.

I want you to know that I personally think you are one Helluva Cowboy.

When you had to have your leg amputated I thought about that for days.

We will all face our own deaths but you have demonstrated how to do it with courage and style.

I tip my hat to you, Bama Red.

And wish you an easy Journey to the other side of the River.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I'm so sorry to hear this prognosis. You will be in mine and Brisket's prayers. Make every day count and I still expect you to make an appearance at Ambush in September. Never give up. You're one of the good ones for sure.

Badlands Bob

Hun, I didn't have the words this morning....wuz tuu busy fightin' back tears......but now that I've had the time ta think bout it sum I wunt ta say thanks from the bottom of my heart for the friendship you've shown me the last few years....and for the courage you've displayed that has been an inspiration.....I'm praying as hard as I can for you, your family, and everyone else that cares bout you. I know that there's a better place ahead for you....I'm selfish enuff not ta wunt ya ta go there yet....but whatever happens and whenever it does, it's there for you....this I know in my heart!!!

LUV YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Haven't been in much in the past few years. I'm sorry to all my friends here for that.

A friend on fb told me of this news and I knew I needed to step in a pay my respects to ya, Red.

I'm truly sorry to hear this news.

I've missed chatting with you and others here bout over the past few years.

That is my loss.... And it's a hard loss.

Please know, Red.... My prayers are with you and your family.

Just sad news. :(

You've run your last roundup on your own terms.

You've taught by example in the process, and your lesson is sound. I thank you for that.

Your humor has been unfailing, your demeanor unflinching.

However a man may be measured, you've measured up.

I'm proud of you, my friend!

Dear Bama,

I'm so sorry to hear this. You are a good man! I hope the doctors are wrong about the change in life expectancy.

Whatever happens, know that you are a good-natured asset to the Forums. I hope that posting here and being part of the "gang" makes things easier for you.

Sincerely,

Allie

My heart aches at reading the news. While I've never had the opportunity to shake your hand, I have come to consider you a friend. Your comments, your attitude, and a message or two have helped me through some times when I've needed help.

You will be in my thoughts and meditations.

Over the last number of years I have probably read much of what you have written here in the Saloon. I believe that over time reading someone's thoughts, their musings and their stories you get to know them even though you have never met. I like you Bama Red. You are a good man.

Red, I never had the pleasure of meeting you, although we did a deal on a pair of pants a few years ago that have served me well.

Hoist a cool drink for me at Fiddler's Green, and I will be there directly.

Duffield

Bama, this is tough news. May the good Lord send his guardian and comforting angels to you. Bama, you are a much loved and respected man. Wish I could tell you just how much. I am so proud that you are my friend. Praying for you and all of yours with the most earnest of prayers. God bless you.

Birdgun Quail.

Archived