SASS Wire Forum

Let's stop this. Miroku nonsense

Irish Pat

As a resident of the Kansas City area (the UNDISPUTED ;) BBQ capital of the world) I can attest that cooking a pig in a pit does not qualify as BBQ to most experts. The generally accepted differences between barbecuing and grilling are cooking durations and the types of heat used. Grilling is generally done quickly over moderate-to-high direct heat that produces little smoke, while barbecuing is done slowly over low, indirect heat and the food is flavored by the smoking process. So while pit cooking a pig does use the low, indirect heat method of cooking, the absence of the smoke disqualifies it from true BBQ.

Although it's not technically BBQ, a pit roasted pig is indeed a delicacy in it's own right! Nothing like a good pig pickin! Or as the Krazy Kajun would call it, a cochon de lait. :D

P.S. Happy Birthday Allie Mo :)

What about whole hogs slow cooked over an indirect wood fire? That's how we done it when I was a kid.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a resident of the Kansas City area (the UNDISPUTED ;) BBQ capital of the world)...

Well I'm not so sure about undisputed, but I do have fond memories of several trips to Fiorella's Jack Stack. MMMmmmmmMMM Ribs!!

Ah think i'll go have a Danish, made in Canada, wait is it still a Danish ??? ,,, sure since I'm Danish it must be .... To go along with The Danish i'll have a cup of Coffee made from coffee beans from

Uganda,,,, but brewed in Canada ... I guess that that it's not really Ugandian Coffee,,,, except I

brought the Beans back my-own-self ....

But if you need a gun fixed by me the more real info on the gun and maker the better...

So Yes it's important to know which 73 is Which ,,,, Sometimes ...

Jabez Cowboy

So I was in Colorado a couple of years ago and I went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant and there wasn't a chineses person in the place, all the cooks and servers were Mexican. So being the smarta$$ that I am occasionally I asked what a guy had to do to get a plate of enchiladas with beans and rice and the waitress said "order it". So I did and it was really good so I said "What's better here the Mexican food or the Chinese food?" and she said the Mexican food. So I said "Why isn't this place a Mexican restaurant then?" and she said "Because there are so many Mexican restaurants in town people want something different so we are the only Chinese restaurant in town."

Y'all want smarts about BBQ and grilling - here ya go.

http://amazingribs.com/

G - who's gonna be doing a brisket via BBQ (low-n-slow) this saturday- G ~ :FlagAm:

thread_direction.gif

Archived