SASS Wire Forum

Let's stop this. Miroku nonsense

Irish Pat

I call my Uberti '73 simply a " '73". Of course in this politically correct society anything can be whatever it is fantasized to be :wacko: . To each his own...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a couple of .45 Colt Uberti rifles. Actually, I call them Aimee High and Miss Much. Pair of sweet ladies.

:lol:

GJ

When a Winchester from Miroku not is a Winchester, than is a ML-Class from Luisiana not a Mercedes.

A Winchester is a Winchester and the ML is made in Alabama.

Winchester is long dead, as is Colt, and Smith, and Wesson. The people they trained are long dead, as are the people those people trained. All of the tooling that was used to build those original guns has long since worn out. Most if not all of those companies have changed hands multiple times. The people who bought those companies paid a substantial amount for the right to call their guns "Winchesters", or "Colts". If you're buying one because of the roll mark on it, you're doing the same thing.

Reminds me of my grandfather's old ax. The handle's been replaced a few times, the head as well, but it's still my grandfather's old ax, or is it?

You sure they aren't .45 LONG Colt?

:blink:

A riot you are, SW. :lol: Yep, I'm sure - they're both sawed off to 20 inches.

GJ

Well, I spent some time reading and hiding posts (not the thread), as I felt there was nothing wrong with discussing where guns are made and who originally made them, especially in the context of ordering parts. Let's keep it on that track.

PS I have a beautiful Japanese Browning Low Wall. I don't have a good photo of mine; but, this is close. :wub:r2034a__25125.jpg

Oh my goodness isn't that purty!!! PUUURRRTY!!

Well, I spent some time reading and hiding posts (not the thread), as I felt there was nothing wrong with discussing where guns are made and who originally made them, especially in the context of ordering parts. Let's keep it on that track.

PS I have a beautiful Japanese Browning Low Wall. I don't have a good photo of mine; but, this is close. :wub:r2034a__25125.jpg

Are you planning to shoot that for long range match at the state shoot?

Just threw out my Canadian bacon, Bermuda shorts and Cuban cigars.

Are you planning to shoot that for long range match at the state shoot?

I rarely shoot long range, unless begged to do so (that has happened...). It is my single-shot Plainsman Event rifle :)

My apologies, dear lady! :o That was the one bright spot in the thread! :)

Apology accepted. :D

I rarely shoot long range, unless begged to do so (that has happened...). It is my single-shot Plainsman Event rifle :)

I am going to miss the plainsmen event this year. It starts too early and the nanny won't be at the house in town for the two hour drive, so I guess I am going to miss seeing you shoot that. Unless of course you are shooting the master gunfighter stage. Come on, you know you want to :)

Are Hawaiian shirts also now taboo?

Swiss cheese?

Swedish meatballs?

Greek yogurt?

:P

I am going to miss the plainsmen event this year. It starts too early and the nanny won't be at the house in town for the two hour drive, so I guess I am going to miss seeing you shoot that. Unless of course you are shooting the master gunfighter stage. Come on, you know you want to :)

Hubby gets really mad when I borrow guns. He was annoyed at me about that LR event. I'd have to borrow a gun to shoot Master Gunfighter. I'm not in a mood to "make waves."

I'm given up Ethiopian restaurants, I always felt hungry when I left anyway.

Maybe you should try some French pastry? Oh wait, better not now.

No more Mongolian BBQ.

its a shame that what we think of as traditional american companies have been bought up by foreign owners , i too would rather they carry that name with american made quality ,

but there is nothing wrong really with the companies that have bought them up - we just need to either accept them or not , i know folks that have proudly bought the owners firearms long before they bought up winchester ,

Hubby gets really mad when I borrow guns. He was annoyed at me about that LR event. I'd have to borrow a gun to shoot Master Gunfighter. I'm not in a mood to "make waves."

Ah shucks. I was going to let you borrow my original 1873. Maybe you'll change you mind once you see it haha. I still have to borrow a pocket pistol for the master gunfighter, otherwise I'm good.

Allie,

:-) :-) You know that you're always welcome to any equipment, gear and expendables that most of us have. Tell your husband. :-)

Regards,

Cat Brules

No more Brazil nuts or Spanish rice in my pantry.

I'm sure going to miss Dutch apple pie.

I now know why I miss with my rifle and shotgun. I'm trying to shoot American steel with an Italian rifle and a Japanese shotgun

Wait................I've missed with my American made pistols and shotgun too!

I guess the targets don't know the difference ;)

One thing I noticed about my Winchester Mirouku is the screws are way harder than the Uberti screws! Nice!! ;)

Miroku, Miroku, Miroku................... :P:lol:

No more Mongolian BBQ.

There is something just incredibly wrong about "Mongolian" and "BBQ" are used in the same sentence........ <_<

I now know why I miss with my rifle and shotgun. I'm trying to shoot American steel with an Italian rifle and a Japanese shotgun

Wait................I've missed with my American made pistols and shotgun too!

I guess the targets don't know the difference ;)

Nice Kilroy pic!

There is something just incredibly wrong about "Mongolian" and "BBQ" are used in the same sentence........ <_<

There is something incredibly wrong with what most Americans think is BBQ. Throwing a burger on the grill is not BBQ! I am sure there are quite a few of my southern brothers and sister on here that will attest to that and understand what real BBQ is.

Yup. Definite difference between grilling dogs and burgers and real BBQ. And you're right... a lot of folks don't know the difference. Dogs and burgers are OK, real BBQ done right is heavenly!

Does a whole pig cooked in a pit qualify as real BBQ?

We have a friend who used to have a party at his house on the Sacramento River every year and that was the main course. I call YUMMY!

Funny thing is that this brings back so many pleasant memories. :)

1. Loved his bathroom. We contacted the person who did his tile, he did our kitchen in Sacramento and the granite in our house in the country 30 years later.

2. We got our beloved Rosie cat from him. She was a starving barn waif begging food. He said I could have her as he didn't feed them. :angry: I took her to the vet for spaying. The vet said he doubted she'd live long enough to go into heat. She went into heat less than a month later and graced us with her love for 16 years.

3. We met our garbage man there. He was the chef. He knew us when I told him where we lived and said he hated that we dumped the cat box on top of the garbage. :blush: I apologized and told him we did that to keep the scavengers from waking us at 3-4:00 a.m. going through the garbage. He understood. What a great guy and chef!

I think I am getting old, as everything I read brings back so many memories.

Does a whole pig cooked in a pit qualify as real BBQ?

We have a friend who used to have a party at his house on the Sacramento River every year and that was the main course. I call YUMMY!

Funny thing is that this brings back so many pleasant memories. :)

1. Loved his bathroom. We contacted the person who did his tile, he did our kitchen in Sacramento and the granite in our house in the country 30 years later.

2. We got our beloved Rosie cat from him. She was a starving barn waif begging food. He said I could have her as he didn't feed them. :angry: I took her to the vet for spaying. The vet said he doubted she'd live long enough to go into heat. She went into heat less than a month later and graced us with her love for 16 years.

3. We met our garbage man there. He was the chef. He knew us when I told him where we lived and said he hated that we dumped the cat box on top of the garbage. :blush: I apologized and told him we did that to keep the scavengers from waking us at 3-4:00 a.m. going through the garbage. He understood. What a great guy and chef!

I think I am getting old, as everything I read brings back so many memories.

As a resident of the Kansas City area (the UNDISPUTED ;) BBQ capital of the world) I can attest that cooking a pig in a pit does not qualify as BBQ to most experts. The generally accepted differences between barbecuing and grilling are cooking durations and the types of heat used. Grilling is generally done quickly over moderate-to-high direct heat that produces little smoke, while barbecuing is done slowly over low, indirect heat and the food is flavored by the smoking process. So while pit cooking a pig does use the low, indirect heat method of cooking, the absence of the smoke disqualifies it from true BBQ.

Although it's not technically BBQ, a pit roasted pig is indeed a delicacy in it's own right! Nothing like a good pig pickin! Or as the Krazy Kajun would call it, a cochon de lait. :D

P.S. Happy Birthday Allie Mo :)

As a resident of the Kansas City area (the UNDISPUTED ;) BBQ capital of the world) I can attest that cooking a pig in a pit does not qualify as BBQ to most experts. The generally accepted differences between barbecuing and grilling are cooking durations and the types of heat used. Grilling is generally done quickly over moderate-to-high direct heat that produces little smoke, while barbecuing is done slowly over low, indirect heat and the food is flavored by the smoking process. So while pit cooking a pig does use the low, indirect heat method of cooking, the absence of the smoke disqualifies it from true BBQ.

Although it's not technically BBQ, a pit roasted pig is indeed a delicacy in it's own right! Nothing like a good pig pickin! Or as the Krazy Kajun would call it, a cochon de lait. :D

P.S. Happy Birthday Allie Mo :)

:wub:

Yup. Definite difference between grilling dogs and burgers and real BBQ. And you're right... a lot of folks don't know the difference. Dogs and burgers are OK, real BBQ done right is heavenly!

+ a whole bunch. In Texas, REAL BBQ involves beef, wood, beer, secret sauce (depending on who's doing it ;) ), and many hours of commitment.

and more beer.................. :lol:

I realize that pork drifts in harder the more you head east....southeast that is... :D

Archived