SASS Wire Forum

Let's stop this. Miroku nonsense

Irish Pat

My Browning hi-power has Portugal on it. My Browning Gold duck gun was made in Japan, my Browning 1886 is from Japan, my scholfield is from Italy, I think my jeep is from China. Why don't we just call the New Winchester, Winchester.

OK, if we can call a Uberti 73 a Winchester also.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When gun parts are completely interchangeable, it doesn't matter. When you buy hundreds of dollars of parts and they don't fit, it matters quite a bit, to you!

If parts were ordered by providing a model designation and a serial number, good vendors could also provide you the right stuff. But folks in the gun business hate having to stock by paying that much attention to detail and bloated parts inventory.

So, "what's in a name" sometimes is - quite a bit.

Good luck, GJ

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - Jap is considered an expletive.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - Jap is considered an expletive.

I call mine a Japchester!! :lol::lol: :lol: but it doesn't really matter to me. It's a great rifle. I also have some great Uberti's as well.

Cheatin'

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - Jap is considered an expletive.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - Jap is considered an expletive.

I call mine a Japchester!! :lol::lol: :lol: but it doesn't really matter to me. It's a great rifle. I also have some great Uberti's as well.

Cheatin'

How about..... NO MORE racial slurs about the Japanese people!?

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - No reason given

Cheatin'

Ok, I gotta say it...is a Uberti a WOPChester?

Remember Pearl Harbor and the Bataan Death March. They earned ever insult they get

Yep. Because every single Japanese person on the planet participated in those events. Ignorance is bliss when you're a bigot.

A strength of American foreign policy has been converting old enemies to allies. The Axis powered defeated in WWII are now some of America's strongest allies. Japan contributes greatly to security in the North Pacific and East Asia. WWII ended seventy years ago. I'm happy to buy Miroku firearms and have my eye on another when the tax man gives me my refund.

+1 on what Coffinmaker said. Winchester is just a brand, a name. They don't make guns anymore and haven't for a long time.

I wish Miroku's would just be called MIroku's because they'd be easier to find. I think they make superb guns. My brother owns a Miroku Winchester 1873 and it was much better out of the box then any out of the box Uberti I've have or have held. The best built gun in my safe (40+ guns) is a Miroku made Winchester 1886 takedown from 1999.

The Miroku guns I've come across have been extremely well built and I look forward to owning more.

Remember Pearl Harbor and the Bataan Death March. They earned ever insult they get

This comment is as bad as someone blaming me for slavery

NO ONE here is old enough to have fought and lived through WWII. Few here understand (but we all should) the bonds between the U.S. and Japan.

Let's suffice to say that if you're smart, you'll keep the slurs against the Japanese people to yourself

As for you Hoss, well yer just a troublemaker.........right where you feel at home, I suspect...... :-)

My grandson is doing a stint in Japan teaching English. He is for some reason fascinated by the Japanese culture and has been since he was a kid and fell in love with the famous Japanese cartoons, kinda like our Disney. When in college he got a part time job working at a Japanese restaurant. I can assure you that the people that live in Japan now abhor the atrocities committed by their ancestors. They are a peaceful, fun loving people and love America. If we don't stop this Japan bashing, I bet this thread is going away real quick!

Most call the Uberti built guns ..... TA DA ... Uberti. Uberti made '73 reproductions are still "Ubertis"

Miroku made '73 reproductions should be called Miroku. Winchester doesn't make guns anymore. Not for nearly 3-½ decades.

Never faulted Miroku built guns for quality. Very well made. Very Well indeed. But ..... they are Miroku guns.

Coffinmaker

To be accurate, regardless of where they're being made, they're FNs. As FN owns Miroku, Browning & holds the license to mark guns they manufacture with the "Winchester" name.

How about..... NO MORE racial slurs about the Japanese people!?

It was not intended to be a racial slur. It's a Winchester that's made in Japan and made very well!!!

Cheatin'

It was not intended to be a racial slur. It's a Winchester that's made in Japan and made very well!!!

Cheatin'

You're a big boy, Cheatin'. You know that using a defamatory term to designate a race of people or an ethnic group is not acceptable. Please don't do it anymore.

People like HTH are with us always, but usually all it takes is a word to the wise. The Japanese are our allies.

Does this mean we can't call them spaghetti westerns any more?

:lol: no more"rednecks" either!! :lol:

Does this mean we can't call them spaghetti westerns any more?

Realy :wacko: All this micro-agression towards a little humor is hurting my febble mind :( Does that mean we can no longer call the Japanese motorcycles "Rice Burners" :o or Harley Davidson "Hardly Ablesome" :blink: Pleeeease someone spill a stiff drink in my Coco Puffs ;) ......... I need to go to my safe space now :(.......Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Cheatin'

Exactly! How is saying Jap a slur? What negative aspect of being Japanese does that term incorporate? Please point out where Cheatin said anything negative about the Japanese people.

It may be a term that some don't like, well tough crap. Some 'pards' on this thread have an inflated view of how much the rest of us care about their precious little feelings. Maybe you need a safe space so your itty bitty feelings don't get hurt?

There's no stopping the proper naming of firearms......they are different....that's all so we need a way to identify that. If they are the same see if anyone will trade you your "new" Winchester for one made in say 1910.

There's no stopping the proper naming of firearms......they are different....that's all so we need a way to identify that. If they are the same see if anyone will trade you your "new" Winchester for one made in say 1910.

Every time I dump money into mine from 1887, or need a very hard to find replacement part, I'm sure tempted.

Exactly! How is saying Jap a slur? What negative aspect of being Japanese does that term incorporate? Please point out where Cheatin said anything negative about the Japanese people.

It may be a term that some don't like, well tough crap. Some 'pards' on this thread have an inflated view of how much the rest of us care about their precious little feelings. Maybe you need a safe space so your itty bitty feelings don't get hurt?

Guess I won't be playing Chinese Checkers anymore.

I'm givin up Polish sausage.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - Insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 12, 2016 - Insult

Well, cap, how about you tone down your attitude?

I'm givin up Polish sausage.

And Brazillian wax jobs.

My grandson is doing a stint in Japan teaching English. He is for some reason fascinated by the Japanese culture and has been since he was a kid and fell in love with the famous Japanese cartoons, kinda like our Disney. When in college he got a part time job working at a Japanese restaurant. I can assure you that the people that live in Japan now abhor the atrocities committed by their ancestors. They are a peaceful, fun loving people and love America. If we don't stop this Japan bashing, I bet this thread is going away real quick!

Well, I spent some time reading and hiding posts (not the thread), as I felt there was nothing wrong with discussing where guns are made and who originally made them, especially in the context of ordering parts. Let's keep it on that track.

PS I have a beautiful Japanese Browning Low Wall. I don't have a good photo of mine; but, this is close. :wub:r2034a__25125.jpg

Archived