SASS Wire Forum

SPF -- Buffalo and Indian Head Nickel Buttons

I have ten Indian head nickels that have been turned into buttons, five of them show the Indian head and five of them show the buffalo. These are vintage US currency. The only dates I can read are 1926, 1928, 1920 and 1929 although this coin was minted from 1913-1938. These do show lots of evidence of carry but the designs and lettering are still clearly visible. I did not make these, I bought them an an Indian store in Arizona many years ago. They have been dished and a loop has been soldered to the back side so they can be sewn on as buttons or conchos. I also have one with a Chicago screw on the back showing the Indian head, for a total of eleven.

I did some Googling to try and determine value. There appear to be lots of imitation ones out there in varying sizes, of varying materials and from various countries of origin. The few that I could identify as real sold from between about $3-$7 each plus shipping. I would like $35 for the lot shipped priority mail to your door. A personal check is fine.

I am happy to email pictures by request. Thank you for your consideration.

I'll take them.

I gotta couple of vests that they'll look good on, Wolfgang.

Archived