SASS Wire Forum

Arizona Cowboy Shooters Association gives back to community.

Kirk James

What a weekend for Cowboy Action Shooting. Thanks to the Arizona Cowboy Shooters Association, I had the opportunity to share the sport I love with my daughter and with hundreds of spectators learning about Cowboy Action. Shooters from other clubs were there to help and participate as well. As part of the Arizona Game and Fish Expo young kids and adults were able to handle and shot our pistols, rifles and shotguns. Every three hours or so an exhibition shoot featured head to head matches with many styles and abilities of shooting. It was a blast and well received. My wife and son are headed there now for the second day. ACSA is to commended for all the hours of hard work and preparation to show case our sport in this outstanding event.

Hooray, for the James family.

Your kids are excellent ambassadors for our sport. Congrats to both for there showing at WR.

Kirk,

Great to have SASS Kicker with us yesterday, she's a great ambassador for the sport, nice to see all the other folks from ACSA helping out. Had a great time. Nice to give back to the sport! And those shoot offs with SASS Kicker and Robyn DaVault were fun to watch!

TB

Thanks for the kind words, but they really should go to all of that organized, set up and put on and worked the event. It was fun being around everyone and watching the great shooting. My wife said Cody James was having a blast today. Hope he worked some too.

That's great! Things like this is what it's all about. We need to expose our sport whenever we have the chance!

The Arizona Expo is always a huge event. It covers all kinds of outdoor activity, shooting, archery, hiking, ATVs, kayaking (yes they build a pond and and off-road course) etc. I think Ben Avery said they had 25,000 out on Saturday. We had lots of people come by to try out the cowboy guns that had never shot a gun before. Adults could shoot the .38 revolvers, rifles and 12 gauge shotguns and the little kiddies could shoot the .22 revolvers and Henry rifles.

ACSA couldn't have done it without the help of so many voulenteers genorously donating their time, and allowing people to use your guns. A huge thank you to everyone who came out

Archived