SASS Wire Forum

Good Service Report

About ten years ago when I started shooting cowboy I ordered a custom hat from Jaxonbilt Hats in Salmon, ID. Not knowing anything about hats or playing cowboy in general I requested a style that it turned out didn't really suit me. To his credit Roy sent me just what I asked for, I just didn't ask for the right thing. I wore it for a few years and as I gathered more gear over time (including hats) it sat. I was looking at it a few weeks ago and contemplating what to do with it, if anything. I went to his website and while looking I discovered that I could have it resized (my head got fatter, not because of the quality of my shootin') and reshaped to something that better suited my grizzled visage, an option I had never considered. I called him, shipped it and got it back in a week. It's been cleaned, it has a new liner and a new sweatband, the fit is perfect and it looks dang handsome (the wife agrees). When I didn't find a bill in the box I called today and he said, "It's my hat. I don't charge for those services on a hat I made."

Money well spent, I'd say, on a custom hat from Jaxonbilt.

Yep.....Dakota Skipper and I have several of Roy's hats.

Excellent service and a heckuva nice guy,

--Dawg

About ten years ago when I started shooting cowboy I ordered a custom hat from Jaxonbilt Hats in Salmon, ID. Not knowing anything about hats or playing cowboy in general I requested a style that it turned out didn't really suit me. To his credit Roy sent me just what I asked for, I just didn't ask for the right thing. I wore it for a few years and as I gathered more gear over time (including hats) it sat. I was looking at it a few weeks ago and contemplating what to do with it, if anything. I went to his website and while looking I discovered that I could have it resized (my head got fatter, not because of the quality of my shootin') and reshaped to something that better suited my grizzled visage, an option I had never considered. I called him, shipped it and got it back in a week. It's been cleaned, it has a new liner and a new sweatband, the fit is perfect and it looks dang handsome (the wife agrees). When I didn't find a bill in the box I called today and he said, "It's my hat. I don't charge for those services on a hat I made."

Money well spent, I'd say, on a custom hat from Jaxonbilt.

I call a Procedural. You can't go talkin' up your gear without showing us a photo.

Photos available to all that request 'em, I just don't want to open another account with another password just so I can post on the SASS Wire. I'd rather email pics to twenty-thousand members than have to remember one more password.

It's a good lookin' hat, thank The Lord. I can use all the help I can get.

He builds a great hat. Nice guy to deal with too.

Thanks to Allie Mo for the request and to Grizzly Dave for volunteering to post the pics. By the way that good lookin' hat didn't help me shoot any better yesterday. Where does a fella get a hat like that?

Archived