SASS Wire Forum

So what's it like in Colorado now that grass is legal?

It's a bit insane to think it can be stopped. We've tried that for nearly 100 years. Filled our jails with pot arrests to no avail. The definition of stupid is doing something over and over the same way and expecting a different result. Legalize it in all 50 states. Put a reasonable tax on it. Clear out the jails for this crime. Use the money we were spending to try and eradicate to help those that get into addiction trouble.

We learned a lot during prohibition........you can't stop it.

Want to see gun crime plummet in Chicago, Detroit, DC......Legalize ALL drugs. Period.....Get it out of the hands of the gangs, and then deal with the addiction issues that we are already dealing with.

How much does it cost to keep a drug user in jail........

BTW...I have an office in Denver. Zero change as far as I can see among employees and customers......

Reserve their space for just the illegal pushers once it is legalized.

Why waste more tax payers money in trying to fix stupid people's self inflicted additions? Stupid people get convicted of doing drug related crime, they do the time. That is after you legalize all drug usage as your suggest.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legalize ALL drugs. Period.....Get it out of the hands of the gangs, and then deal with the addiction issues that we are already dealing with.

I heard that argument for 30 years in law enforcement. And I saw the lives destroyed by drug use. Not just the user but the families and victims.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

I heard that argument for 30 years in law enforcement. And I saw the lives destroyed by drug use. Not just the user but the families and victims.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Amen to that.

As to pot, I don't think people should go to jail for use. But what I really dislike is seeing pot shops all over the place in my city. Of course, the grandkids will grow up thinking this is normal, because now, it is.

I'm 68, high school class of 1966. There are a lot of us here of that generation. We are the last generation who grew to (early) adulthood without drugs even being heard of in ordinary society. They are the scourge of our time and generation (now two generations).

I really don't care what folks do in the privacy of their homes. If they want to use tobacco, pot, booze, etc. Just do it away from children, and keep it off the street. Come Monday morning you better have your self together and be a good citizen. And, don't tell me I can't own and carry a firearm. I don't think occasional use of any substance makes one a bad person, it's the person that becomes addicted that becomes a burden to society. How many friends and relatives have each of us lost to legal substances like alcohol and/or tobacco. Most stoners are just perpetual dumbasses. As long as they don't drive when they are high, most are harmless. I work for a mental health facility and see them everyday. Here's what is funny, addicts can find pot, heroin, cocaine, meth, etc., everyday to feed their addictions and if there were no convenience/liquor stores smokers and drunks could not find there drug of choice.

I really don't care what folks do in the privacy of their homes. If they want to use tobacco, pot, booze, etc. Just do it away from children, and keep it off the street. Come Monday morning you better have your self together and be a good citizen. And, don't tell me I can't own and carry a firearm. I don't think occasional use of any substance makes one a bad person, it's the person that becomes addicted that becomes a burden to society. How many friends and relatives have each of us lost to legal substances like alcohol and/or tobacco. Most stoners are just perpetual dumbasses. As long as they don't drive when they are high, most are harmless. I work for a mental health facility and see them everyday. Here's what is funny, addicts can find pot, heroin, cocaine, meth, etc., everyday to feed their addictions and if there were no convenience/liquor stores smokers and drunks could not find there drug of choice.

What you say is nice but a large percentage of drug users (alcohol included) do not consume it responsibly in the privacy of their homes, away from children and then come out Monday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed to tackle the challenges of every day life. Their problems become societies problems.

What you say is nice but a large percentage of drug users (alcohol included) do not consume it responsibly in the privacy of their homes, away from children and then come out Monday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed to tackle the challenges of every day life. Their problems become societies problems.

That's pretty much what I said. There are probably alot more people out there that partake in illegal substances than you think. Because they do it in the privacy of their home and don't do it around the children and it's not a big deal. Addiction is a big deal, ask any smoker. It's on their mind from the time they get up in the morning until they go to bed. They plan their day around the next chew or smoke. It's okay because it's legal. :mellow:

I'll fix up my garage for you guys!!

Dunt be surprised ifn' I show up, suitcase in hand, at yer door wun of these days.....whut wuz yer address agin?? :P:lol::lol:

Let me see if I got this right? We lock up Americans for MJ and let the Taliban members at Gitmo go home!

Interesting question, does United States still send people to prison (actual prison) for smoking/eating MJ? Or only if they are a major drug dealer and that would incompass all the other hard drugs?

Archived