SASS Wire Forum

Bama Red's Last Ride

Bama Red

The good Lord willing and my health holds for the next week, the North Alabama Regulator's monthly shoot on April 3 will be my last cowboy shoot. I'm getting to the point where I know I'm going to have trouble just getting around the stages, and I want to get out while I'm on top of my game (haw, haw, haw, haw)!!!

I owe this game more than I could repay in several lifetimes. I have best friends that I haven't ever met in person. Although unable to drink for the past several years, I can throw open the batwing doors of the Saloon (ACS) and drink to my heart's content with those same friends.

So, come on out to Cavern Cove and shoot with us a week from today and have a great day with good friends.

Thanks for the invite, Bama!! Nothin' I rather do, but I'm committed elsewhere!! Smoke 'em clean off the range!!

We'll see you soon!!

BARKEEP!! TOP SHELF FOR MY PARD, BAMA!! And a round for the house in his honor!!!

If it were within the realm of possibility, I would be there in person. I'll be there in spirit!

Be sure to go out in a blaze of glory!

How about a half a gallon of virtual Jameson for that last shoot celebration.

Been good riding with you!

Have a great shoot my friend...and remember it for the rest of your life. I remember all the problems with your knee and how it could have been touch and go you would even be with us. Wish I could be there and make some smoke for all to enjoy. I will be on the road to a shoot in California and i'll do some bang & clang for you.

Take care Pard...

Bama, my friend, go get 'em, enjoy the hell out of yourself, and since you offered I'll have two fingers' worth of water clear, not over 30 days old!

Bama,

I wish that I could be there. You have been an inspiration in how to handle adversity.

Best Wishes,

Duffield

I will be there and I will enjoy the heck out of seeing you and shooting with you! When you hang up your guns you don't hang up your friends and your place at the table!

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Bama, Have a great time and wish I could share it with you. I enjoyed getting to know you in East Tenn at the Ocoee Rangers shoots. I have sure slowed up ( even more) and can see my future in CAS is closing in on me. What a 21 year ride it has been.

Cheers, Hoss

I understand. I've been unable to shoot for the pasty couple of years simply because of my knees. Hang up your guns but keep us company here in the saloon. Ain't no rule you have to be an active shooter to shoot the bull with us.

Although I'll be quitting active shooting,,I have no intentions of leaving the Saloon (ACS) or my good friends here. I also intend to continue going to shoots and working the LT, ULT, spotting, etc. anything I can do from my wheelchair.

Bama, we have a wheelchair shooter, Short Wagon, we accommodate him as much as possible and he has a ball!!! Maybe you can rethink this not shooting business! I'm sure the clubs you go to will help you navigate through the stages.

Good luck to you and I wish you well!

Rye ;)

Archived