SASS Wire Forum

So remember our discussion about DNA privacy?

A few weeks ago, I floated a question about the privacy of the results of DNA testing by outfits like Ancestry,com

There was some difference of opinion about just how private these results really are.

Well, here's part of the answer:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2016/03/26/law-enforcement-investigators-seek-out-private-dna-databases/Xq1rChjz2uw6fDm0Kti6VO/story.html

Think I'll keep my genetic material to myself.

:LL

How do you keep it safe? If what you see on tv, is somewhat true, they can get it out of the trash.

I believe what they are doing with the databases is comparing an unidentified DNA profile, and when they get a match, they have a name. Certainly, if they already know who you are, they can get a DNA sample from a lot of sources.

LL

My fingerprints are on file in various places.

I applied for a Security Guard license in the 70s.

I have a Florida carry permit.

I had a flightline badge at the airport after 9/11.

I own a few NFA toys.

Each of these required being printed.

I have never been arrested, so my fingerprints should not be in any CRIMINAL database.

But sure as God made little green horse-apples, if I ever left my prints at a crime scene, the cops could match them,

Because if ANYBODY has my fingerprints, the police do too.

I figger DNA is the same way.

They are doing some amazing things with DNA. Before long, they will be able to build a general description of a person based off of DNA. Race, sex, hair color, eye color, ethnicity and probably physical characteristics like if you have a health condition. All of this information is in your DNA. It's just a matter of having the computing power and data bases to extract it and understand what they are looking at.

They are doing some amazing things with DNA. Before long, they will be able to build a general description of a person based off of DNA. Race, sex, hair color, eye color, ethnicity and probably physical characteristics like if you have a health condition. All of this information is in your DNA. It's just a matter of having the computing power and data bases to extract it and understand what they are looking at.

There's no telling what they'll do to our precious bodily fluids next!

Purity of essence!

Gen. Jack D. Ripper

Before our grandson was born his DNA showed a high risk for Spina bifida. Doctors recommended additional testing. Parents said no thank you.

At 10 months old he's healthy, with an infectious smile.

Man thinks they are smarter then what they are.

Archived