SASS Wire Forum

VA Website

I needed to help my Dad make some changes to his VA information -life insurance beneficiary, direct deposit for disability benefits, etc. He had tried on his own, but couldn't get through on line.

We tried calling the phone number provided on their website; after telling us to wait for the "next available representative", the recording gave up, and told us that they are so busy that we should call back "at another time", or "after hours". This was a line that was supposedly dedicated to making changes to direct deposit information; I can't imagine that they would be so swamped that they couldn't reach the call in a reasonable amount of time. And I could not imagine the sense in calling back "after hours".

So we went back to the website, looking for some way to make the changes on line. Without a doubt, this is the most user unfriendly website that I have ever been on. It is almost as if it was specifically designed to defeat any attempt to use it. I consider myself to be a fairly adept web user - not a techie, but certainly able to use most commercial sites. This thing is a bear! Eventually, after feeling our way through many dead-ends, we were able to get it done. I pity the vet who has no developed computer skills, or no one to help.

Somebody needs a wake-up call. If this thing was a private enterprise, it would fold in a week.

LL

When I have needed to update my VA information, I have gone in to the VA hospital directly.

Waited my turn to talk to a person that maintains the information.

Same place they do the means testing and photo ID cards.

Several reason for this.

1. I can see the changes being made and if they are correct while talking to a real person.

2. Doing it on line does not let me know if it has really been changed and is correct.

3. Other than the drive to the VA hospital, the time there is not that long. 30 minutes or so.

4. It get's me way from the house for a little while.

I went to The VA Clinic in Durango, Colorado today and got the surprise of my life! Very courteous staff and Doctor, excellent service and not too crowded. After years of fighting with the FA, some things are sure different. I was told that health care services is totally removed from the claims portion. Sounds great to me!

Archived