SASS Wire Forum

SPF -- Rig for sale by Old West Reproductions, Rick Bachman, with changes.

Offered here for your consideration I have a pair of holsters (for Colts or clones), OWR #32 Cheyenne, 7.5", lined, right hand strong side and left side cross draw. Color is Antique Russet. The belt is OWR #24 Money Cartridge Belt, marked 45 Waist (43.5" to center hole) with .45 caliber cartridge loops, in Antique Russet Pebble Leather.

I will sell this rig complete for $325 shipped Priority Mail. Current retail on the OWR website is $475 plus shipping. I WILL ALSO SELL THE HOLSTER PAIR AND THE BELT SEPARATELY, THE HOLSTERS FOR $180 SHIPPED AND THE BELT FOR $145 SHIPPED.

The rig is in excellent shape but it has been used. Back in the day I was shooting once or twice a month and interchanging between multiple rigs and guns (not a good strategy for improving times. I believe I used this rig part time over the course of two seasons) so it didn't get a lot of use. On the holsters there is some soot on the suede lining and there are some subtle dark striations on both holsters that were contributed by the cow. I haven't used them in about eight years.

Rick Bachman of Old West Reproductions might be best known for his work on the cover of the book Packing Iron. His bio on his website is worth reading. His goal is to produce accurate reproductions of vintage pieces in his collection. Because of that, however, this is not a gamer rig. The guns fit snugly. When I first started shooting I wasn't as concerned with shooting fast as I was with shooting clean and this fine and lovely rig was perfect for that. Currently I have sub-20 dreams and I intend to invest in gear more purpose built for our sport.

So, if you ain't tryin' to bust a timer or if you just want to get your hands on some real sweet gear that is competitively priced relative to new, here's yer chance.

Pictures available by request.

Thank you.

Man, too bad they are crossdraw. If they were 2 strong sides I' be on them in a heartbeat. I have one of his rigs and they are of the highest quality and are exact reproductions of originals.

If you would sell the 45 waist belt separately I'd be very interested.

PM sent.

Still interested in the 45 money belt. Any chance of selling it by it self?

If someone else wants just the holsters we can talk about the belt, otherwise I would like to sell it as a complete rig.

I'll take the rig.

Archived