SASS Wire Forum

SASS legal Ruger Shopkeeper in .32?

Hoss

If somebody went thru the trouble/expense of having one of these neat looking revolvers converted to .32, would they be main match legal? if not main match legal, would they be pocket pistol legal?

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKSBCBH-3

Assuming there is enough room in the cylinder, then IMHO it would be legal as a main match pistol, No on the Pocket Pistol.

Goody, I've shot plenty Bearcats converted to .32 Magnum. There is room for six and plenty strong enough. Now, with full power loads, it's a handful!

To me, it would depend on what the frame size is.

SASS Manual page 18:

A pocket pistol is a small frame, fixed sight, pre-1900 design revolver having a barrel length of four inches or less. Pocket pistols must be .31 caliber or larger. Model ―P‖ Colts and clones and revolvers with swing out cylinders are specifically not allowed regardless of caliber, frame size, or barrel length. Pocket pistols may not be used as or converted to main match revolvers.

Thanks BD!

Marauder, my answer was based on the fact that in it's original form it is a SASS legal main match revolver (Buckaroo's and Buckerettes). There fore it would never be legal as a pocket pistol, regardless of caliber.

Thanks BD!

Marauder, my answer was based on the fact that in it's original form it is a SASS legal main match revolver (Buckaroo's and Buckerettes). There fore it would never be legal as a pocket pistol, regardless of caliber.

Beg my pardon. The Bearcats were 5 shot 32s.

I'm thinking they would be 5 shot. Unless they had a notch to rest the hammer between chambers would not be main match legal. Would that make them side match legal? Frame size seems to be kind of "subjective". so hard to judge from that.

No pistol legal for main match in any category can be used in pocket pistol sidematches. Just like the 5/6 th size Cimarron/Uberti Lightning (birdshead) / Stallion (plowhandle) revolvers in 38 special. If they are legal for main match they are not allowed in pocket pistol sidematch. Frame size is not the deciding factor

Archived