SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State Championships, is it here yet?!

Buckaroo Bubba

Just sent in my registration form for Shootout at Hard Times, the Ohio State Championships!

My Dad, Moosetracks and I attended our first State Shoot last year and had a great time. My favorite part was meeting some new friends, namely, Michigan Slim, Kaya, Copperhead Joe, Miss Bo, Iron Maiden, Whiskey, Max Montana, Deuce, Hombre, KJ, Calico Mary, Buick, You get the point..

Really looking forward to this year and meeting even more friends! 'Come for the shooting, stay for the people' right.. very true!

So who am I gonna meet this year?

Let the countdown begin!

Bubba

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there!! Hope we shoot on the same posse, I'm driving down with the Dawg! :)

I wud luv ta be there fer a third year....but it taint lookin' gud....I'z werkin' a temp job rite now and I dunt gits vacation time.... :(:( :( :(:(:( but ifn' anywun else iz thunkin' bout goin' my advice iz GO!!!! yu wunt regret it!!!

I'm in. I have traveled to Ohio in June for my granddaughter's birthday since she was born 8 years ago.

Since I am coming to Ohio, seems like a good reason to come to the Ohio State Championship. Hope strangers are welcome!

Then I can spend time with my son and granddaughter. Might even make a few other matches in Northern Ohio before I head west to Hell on Wheels and EoT.

I"d be counting the days but I have 3 or 4 annual matches to shoot before the long road trip. Boy I love this game. If I wasn't still working, I could have a really good time.

Nasty

Whiskey Creek, Copperhead Joe, Miss Bo ,and myself will be there! Can't wait. Some of my most favorite people are there.Soon ya soon Bubba!

Nasty - I can highly recommend the Greene County Cowboys that shoot in Xenia OH. My daughter went to college near there and I stopped in to visit a match when we went back for her graduation. They made me feel quite welcome and I had more offers for guns to shoot than you can shake a stick at if I was able to stay for the match, which sadly time wouldn't allow. I only wish I had checked out the club my daughters first year back there, I'd have made time to make a match each time we drove her out and back.

If you want to extend the road trip after EOT consider yourself invited to join us for the Colorado State Championship match at Pawnee Station in Nunn, CO on the 4th of July weekend.

Hope strangers are welcome!

let me put it to you this way....in 2014 I traveled to the Ohio State match as a stranger not having met anyone there except Artie and Sadie the photographers...took all of about 15 minutes to not feel like a stranger anymore....I left 3 days later with more friends than I could even count....went back the next year and made even more... ;)

I'll be there!! Hope we shoot on the same posse, I'm driving down with the Dawg! :)

Yu gonna make him bathe first? :P

Cee ya there!

CR

I will most likely NOT be there this year,, my grandson's graduation is that Friday evening.. doesn't look good. This will be the first one I've missed!

One of the best shoots there is,,,,, in every way.....

:(:(:(:(:(:blush::blush:

Hey........I bathe once a month whether I need it or not!!!!!

--Laughing Dawg

I wud luv ta be there fer a third year....but it taint lookin' gud....I'z werkin' a temp job rite now and I dunt gits vacation time.... :(:( :( :(:(:( but ifn' anywun else iz thunkin' bout goin' my advice iz GO!!!! yu wunt regret it!!!

R U gonna at least send a quilt up for the auction?

That was the most awesome quilt auction ever...even if my bid got left in the dust.

YBT (your 2015 Ohio State camping neighbor)

R U gonna at least send a quilt up for the auction?

That was the most awesome quilt auction ever...even if my bid got left in the dust.

YBT (your 2015 Ohio State camping neighbor)

I know right... the emotion that overcame Calico Mary as she seen how much money her quilts were bringing in... pretty amazing!

I know right... the emotion that overcame Calico Mary as she seen how much money her quilts were bringing in... pretty amazing!

Overcame her! ... Heck I don't think there was more than 1/2 a dozen a dry eyes in the place.

Yu gonna make him bathe first? :P

Cee ya there!

CR

He told me he bathes on Holidays too and since the water is free at the motel, he'll be bathing for sure! :P

actually I gots two quilts in tha makin' as we speak, as long as I kin git em dun by tha middle of May so I kin git em sent off ta Doc or Karl or whoever's willin' ta be on tha receivin' end..... ;) I'll be werkin' on wun of em tonite...we'z in tha middle of a blizzard (home early from werk cuz of it) and it'll be nice havin' it across my lap!!

Rye & I are shooting in the Ne'er-Do-Well category.

I'm just happy they are allowing us to shoot there!

Falling standards, you know!

:P Laughing Dawg :P

actually I gots two quilts in tha makin' as we speak, as long as I kin git em dun by tha middle of May so I kin git em sent off ta Doc or Karl or whoever's willin' ta be on tha receivin' end..... ;) I'll be werkin' on wun of em tonite...we'z in tha middle of a blizzard (home early from werk cuz of it) and it'll be nice havin' it across my lap!!

That's awesome Calico Mary! I am sure Doc, and Karl are going to love hearing that..

Speaking of which, Can't wait to meet Korupt Karl! He is on my list of people to meet!!! :D

He told me he bathes on Holidays too and since the water is free at the motel, he'll be bathing for sure! :P

Don't insult him with long speeches while he's in the tub ;) (I saw his byline)

CR

That's awesome Calico Mary! I am sure Doc, and Karl are going to love hearing that..

Speaking of which, Can't wait to meet Korupt Karl! He is on my list of people to meet!!! :D

Make sure to wear yer sunglasses Bubba. KK usually has on a shirt that'll make a blind squirrel be able to find a nut.

strangers are always welcome. and well do our best to make sure you are no longer a stranger by the time you leave. We may not be located in the south, but we do practice southern hospitality. Were working hard getting things ready for this years match. Cant wait for yall to roll into my backyard and visit.

Was just notified that there is no way I can make the shoot this year; my grandson graduates high school the 28th.

ugly well congrats on the graduation, hope to see you on the trail sometime soon

Mary im so sorry that you and buick wont be here this year, We have enjoyed having you two visit our match.And the quilts you have worked on for the fundraisers are so nice. If you do manage the time from work, please let me know if I can help in any way for you to attend.

Yeap, I have Calico Mary's quilt put up for my granddaughter. Maybe I can get another this year for my grandson. Sure do appreciate your hard work.

Mark, thank you so much for your kind words, that means a lot to me. :wub: I'm bummed that it's not looking good for this year, but if circumstances do change I will certainly be in touch. And even if this year doesn't work out, I WILL be back as soon as possible! ;)

And Ironmaiden, I still can't thank you enough for your generosity...and I hope you like this year's offerings..... :D

Don't insult him with long speeches while he's in the tub ;) (I saw his byline)

CR

When he's in the tub, I'll be as far away as possible!!! :P

Nasty - I can highly recommend the Greene County Cowboys that shoot in Xenia OH. My daughter went to college near there and I stopped in to visit a match when we went back for her graduation. They made me feel quite welcome and I had more offers for guns to shoot than you can shake a stick at if I was able to stay for the match, which sadly time wouldn't allow. I only wish I had checked out the club my daughters first year back there, I'd have made time to make a match each time we drove her out and back.

If you want to extend the road trip after EOT consider yourself invited to join us for the Colorado State Championship match at Pawnee Station in Nunn, CO on the 4th of July weekend.

Where did she go to college? I went to college close to there as well.

Grizz's daughter went to Cedarville

last year?

Mark, thank you so much for your kind words, that means a lot to me. :wub: I'm bummed that it's not looking good for this year, but if circumstances do change I will certainly be in touch. And even if this year doesn't work out, I WILL be back as soon as possible! ;)

And Ironmaiden, I still can't thank you enough for your generosity...and I hope you like this year's offerings..... :D

That's awful nice of you to sew and donate a beautiful quilt! You're a special kind of person! :wub:

Calico, if you need me to take those quilts to Ohio and hold them up again I can do that for you. I won't sob on my shoulder like you did though! Sorry I had to stop Tracey from bidding.... She would have sold one of our kids -or me! to have one. It surely was a pleasure to sit the fire with you two. We could use Buick to head off the golf carts tho...........

Archived