SASS Wire Forum

Need substitute for Solo 1000

Cherokee Sam

Have been using Solo 1000 for 38 special and 12ga. for smokeless loads. Love it's completeness of burn. Cannot find any. Is there a similar alternate for r/p/sg. Clays does not burn nearly as complete.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions.

Have you tried Red Dot?

Ramshot Competition. Great for 38s and 12 gauge! Ramshot (Western Powders) has data online for cartridge loading.

A fast powder and very clean burning.

Otherwise, Winchester WST, but you have to be inventive and resourceful for loads in cartridges :o

Otherwise, Clays or Clay Dot. Wonderful, and coming back into stock. Tons of data for those "fraternal twins")

Good luck, GJ

A very good substitute for Solo 1000 would be Accurate Nitro 100. I think you will find it just as clean as Solo 1000, and can be used in all CAS calibers. Fact is that you may like it even better than Solo 1000.

RBK

Ramshot Competition. Great for 38s and 12 gauge! Ramshot (Western Powders) has data online for cartridge loading.

A fast powder and very clean burning.

Otherwise, Winchester WST, but you have to be inventive and resourceful for loads in cartridges :o

Otherwise, Clays or Clay Dot. Wonderful, and coming back into stock. Tons of data for those "fraternal twins")

Good luck, GJ

Good to know Garrison Joe. Thanks

A very good substitute for Solo 1000 would be Accurate Nitro 100. I think you will find it just as clean as Solo 1000, and can be used in all CAS calibers. Fact is that you may like it even better than Solo 1000.

RBK

+1

That is exactly what I did and love it. 12 ga., .38's, .45's. Great stuff.

Hodgden Tite Group

BUT, a couple days ago, I received an email notice from Mid-South Shooters Supply that they have A LOT of various smokeless powders in stock:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/Dept/reloading/smokeless-powder?FilterBy=InStockOnly&CurrentPage=1&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Midsouth%20Shooters%20Supply&utm_content=3%2F21%2F16+Powder+and+Starline

(800) 272-3000

Archived