SASS Wire Forum

CED 7000 timer, anyone use one?

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

I have both he blue and the black boxes that we all see the most at CAS events. Looking at trying something new and would like to try the CED 7000 timer. I am only interested in hearing about the CED 7000 and appreciate any feedback that I can get. Thanks.

Deuce, I believe these were used when I shot at Comin AtCha a few years back, Tbone might know something about them.

Kajun

Have not really run one, BUT I sure like the beep, GW

Have not really run one, BUT I sure like the beep, GW

A friend had one when I practiced with him 4 or 5 years ago. I could not hear the beep. I didn't try to figure out how to make it louder or different. And maybe they have improved the sound. The small size would be helpful.

I have one and I love it. I have bad hearing and the beep is much better for me than the ones that most people use at shoots. I like the fact that it is small and I can hang it on a lanyard around my neck for easy practice. I use the par timer and it is very easy to change as my times get less. lol I like the fact that you can add a remote to it and have a large display that all shooters can see for times when the ro does not announce the times loud enough. I find it much more user friendly than the normal ones. it is menu driven and has it is displayed on the screen so you can see what you want to do.

Shot with a guy twice last week that bought one at Winter Range. He was showing it to everyone and telling them how much he liked it. Starting beep was good and loud. I believe he stated it was a rechargeable battery. Sounded like he had paid a really good price for it. I should see him at a shoot Saturday. If you haven't gotten much response I will let him know to send you some info.

our club purchased 5 of them. audio is adjustable and each comes with its own charger. for us the biggest problem with them is viewing the lcd in bright sunlight while wearing polarized eye protection. the RO has to take off their glasses in order to read the time correctly. we tried it with and without the screen protectors but it made no difference.

the biggest advantage I see over just about any other timer I have seen is the ability to review the last 10 shot strings. very handy in specific circumstances.

cbj

I have both he blue and the black boxes that we all see the most at CAS events. Looking at trying something new and would like to try the CED 7000 timer. I am only interested in hearing about the CED 7000 and appreciate any feedback that I can get. Thanks.

Deuce, these are the timers PREVIOUSLY used at Winter Range. You'll note this year they went back to the Pro timer. I didn't like the beep. I wasn't that happy with the menu system but it can be learned. Too many layers of multifunction buttons. I really didn't like the fact that you can't face the mic to the shooter AND read the screen at the same time. Thumbs down on this one.

Deuce those are the ones we used at Winter Range for several years. Good reliable timers but the "beep" was at a pretty high freqency and a lot of people couldn't hear it. We have a bunch of them. Email or call Joe LaFives. We are selling them for a good price if you want to try one without spending full price for a new one. I think we still have some of the large remote electronic displays that were hung on the stages so people could see the times if you are interested in one of those.

We sold a bunch of them and the displays as a package deal last year. We sold a couple this year individually. We have a very few left for sale.

I bought 6 from of the ones Winter range was selling last year for our clubs from Joe. The only bad thing about them is I should have bought them all. Our club loves them and the fact that they came with display boards, so far there doesn't seem to be a down side to them.

Grey Beard

• 1 month later...

I bought 6 from of the ones Winter range was selling last year for our clubs from Joe. The only bad thing about them is I should have bought them all. Our club loves them and the fact that they came with display boards, so far there doesn't seem to be a down side to them.

Grey Beard

How much for timer and charger mailed to Florida?

Thanks,

AR

We sold a bunch of them and the displays as a package deal last year. We sold a couple this year individually. We have a very few left for sale.

Archived