SASS Wire Forum

SASSNET website Hacks

guitar_slinger

For the past several weeks, Norton has flagged our website as having multiple threats with a big Orange box overtime I log in.

Specifics seem to not be ours but some website that is linking to ours.

Below:

Threat Report
norton-rating-small-with-extras.png
Security Risks
Threats found: 2
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name:

I've notified, via Email the office, got a response that they are working on it.

Seems to me all that needs to be done is to remove the link(s).

Why is it taking so long to fix this.

GS

Norton is not particularly accurate or effective in my opinion. I also dumped it years ago.

Norton is NOT the software to use if you are in to guns.

Symantec is anti gun and loads web sites considered inappropriate that blocks web sites associated with guns.

Synmatec is Norton...

=======================

Here's a letter worth reading.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and Immunet 3 for my main anti virus programs. These were recommended to me by my puter tech. But I also at his recommendation he installed Ad Aware and Malwarebytes. All of these are free and I haven't been hit by a virus or malware since. It's been 4 years since he recommended these.

Allie,

Thanks.

Fellows, this isn't a Norton issue or a Symantic anti-gun issue. It is an issue with an affiliate club site that has some malware in it. That site is being linked to from SASSNet and it can create a nuisance to any unprotected computers who may click on those links. (i.e. spam email going to your contacts list).

Jeff

Allie,

Thanks.

Fellows, this isn't a Norton issue or a Symantic anti-gun issue. It is an issue with an affiliate club site that has some malware in it. That site is being linked to from SASSNet and it can create a nuisance to any unprotected computers who may click on those links. (i.e. spam email going to your contacts list).

Jeff

That was exactly what I found too.

Archived