SASS Wire Forum

About that recycling bucket....

From time to time, someone on the Wire mentions tossing a dented/crimped/split/mis-sized piece of brass in their "recycle bucket". Most of you have a coffee can or nut jar or mud bucket loaded with such brass. If you are like me, you also have containers of spent primers, copper pipe fittings, and other metal left overs.

What do you ultimately do with it all?

My local recyclers won't accept anything ammo related. But I am curious about what others do with this stuff. If anything.

LL

I did the same thing for awhile. Had a full bucket before checking with the local recycler and was also told nothing related. Seems a shame to me.

Our local recycler will sell you salvaged bullets.

13.00 a coffe can for spent primers, shells etc, last I took them in. Listed as shell casings, brass. on the receipt.

In my area, it would cost me as much or more in gas, not to mention time, than I'd ever get back in cash at a recycling center. Mine go in the trash. What a waste.

On a similar note, I belong to an indoor range where my wife and I shoot. I pick up my .45 acp brass, but some .40 cal cases inevitably get picked up. Those I bring back to range. Better than tossing them.

All the recyclers around here accept brass, guess it depends on where you live!

Archived