SASS Wire Forum

Bayou Bounty Hunters flooded range

Johnny Dollar

Got a few photos of the range after the flood waters went down here in south Louisiana. Realizing that this is just the range, lots of folks around me had their homes flooded as well. So prayers for all those effected.

Our range had about five feet of water that tore through. Some structural damage and lots of stuff floating around.... except for the metal targets! :) but left a huge mess to clean up. The range started and is still a working skeet range in the 50's but as far as I know, has never had this kind of water ever.

rang%20flood%203_zpsjtkynwps.jpg
range%20flood%204_zpsesgu7oic.jpg
range%20flood5_zpsmh6rtsgd.jpg

Sure hate to see that kind of damage on any range....going to take lots of work to get it back into shape for sure. I had the pleasure of shooting there at the LA state match last year and it's a nice place. I hope the clubhouse was not flooded.

Kajun

Sure hate to see that kind of damage on any range....going to take lots of work to get it back into shape for sure. I had the pleasure of shooting there at the LA state match last year and it's a nice place. I hope the clubhouse was not flooded.

Kajun

Kajun, unfortunately the club house did get about two feet in it and lots of mud. Its going to take a lot of effort to get it back the way it was. Very sad...

Sorry to see such awful damage to your stunningly beautiful range.

Dang,

Quite a mess. From google map the Tangipahoa River borders the range. Must of been a scarey time for folks living along the river. Best wishes for resturation of your range.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

This is devastating.

But not as much as it is to those who have homes in the area that were effected.

-------------------

This is one of those things that will bring the people who use the range together to rebuild.

It's also a time to make changes, additions and improvements that were put off as being too much work to do or too much time.

Use this as a positive event to build a better range.

Best of luck.

Looking forward to seeing photos as the range is rebuilt.

Archived