SASS Wire Forum

firearm purchase form question

Trigger Mike

an intruder tried to break in a home, their doughtier with a carry permit came to the home and they ran. she fired in the air. then saw truck lights come on down the block on a dirt road. she ran and got in front of one of the trucks, one hit reverse and sped down the road the other one stopped for her. she told them to wait for the law to come. the law came, they told the cops she fired at them, and no witnesses could confirm it and only one round was missing that she fired in her yard. the cop charged her with pointing a firearm at someone a misdemeanor.

i recall the form to buy a firearm asks if you have ever been charged. is that going to prevent her from buying again in the future?

It asks if you've been convicted or under indictment or "information" (whatever that means) for a felony, or convicted of a misdemeanor charge of domestic violence.

(Whole Form 4473 is here if you're interested.)

Won't stop a firearms purchase (federal law) but if it was in Texas you would lose your CW permit (state law)...class C misdemeanor and above. I would fight the charge in court.

Even if not convicted??

It asks if you've been convicted or under indictment or "information" (whatever that means) for a felony, or convicted of a misdemeanor charge of domestic violence.

(Whole Form 4473 is here if you're interested.)

An "information" is the formal charging document used by prosecutors in states that do not require grand jury indictments for felonies. In my own state, Washington, virtually every felony charge is by information.

Archived