SASS Wire Forum

something i hate

Trigger Mike

To me a 'dear friend' would never ask another friend to do something wrong. Perhaps they weren't a dear friend after all.

Cant be stated any better than Sam's words GW Or put you in the position to have to.

Been down that road and it was a tough lesson.

Some 'wrongs' are perceived as justified, especially by the instigator of the 'wrong deed'.

And in those instances where its perceived as justified, it can't be wrong.

But in your belief the requested deed is wrong....... then you made the correct choice in refusing to participate.

I ain't slept in a Holiday Inn Express lately, but I do know that Wrong is Wrong, even if everyone is doing it.

And Right is Right, even if no one is doing it.

..........Widder

I ain't slept in a Holiday Inn Express lately, but I do know that Wrong is Wrong, even if everyone is doing it.

And Right is Right, even if no one is doing it.

..........Widder

Yup. It ain't rocket science.

To me a 'dear friend' would never ask another friend to do something wrong. Perhaps they weren't a dear friend after all.

Not a true friend for sure!

Very well put Slim! I agree 100% ;)

Even if my friend and I had different views of the rightness or wrongness of an action, a real friend wouldn't expect me to violate my principles for him.

Years ago in Az. I had a friend that I had known for years and always thought that he was involved in a legitimate business and then I found out that he was involved heavily in the drug trade. One day I found a large drug stash of his in one of my buildings that he had been renting. He offered to pay me a large sum of money to keep my mouth shut and continue to let him do what he was doing. I didn't and went to the cops and needless to say it didn't go well for him and his associates.

i think part of it is a lot of people do not understand that preachers have a higher standard to meet and sometimes it seems impossible to meet it.

Really? I thought we each had our own standards that we had to live up to. The fact that you are a preacher does not mean the standards you hold yourself to are higher than mine or anyone else's. However, if you meant Preachers are held by others to a higher standard than non preachers, that is probably true.

Archived