SASS Wire Forum

Bayou Blast is in the Books

Yusta B.

Due to some Divine Intervention the majority of the Biblical precipitation parted just South of Lake Charles & flowed East & West of the match. Rained about 5 min on Sat & beautiful Sun. Bayou Blast crew & Match Director Possum Skinner did a superb job on the match !

Overall Lady - Nellie Blue
Overall Man - Buckshot Sully

Edit:

And scores are posted day of the shoot ! Thanks Nellie & crew - outstanding !

Due to some Divine Intervention the majority of the Biblical precipitation parted just South of Lake Charles & flowed East & West of the match. Rained about 5 min on Sat & beautiful Sun. Bayou Blast crew & Match Director Possum Skinner did a superb job on the match !

Overall Lady - Nellie Blue

Overall Man - Buckshot Sully

Congrats Buckshot!

They were blessed on the weather for sure. I live in North Louisiana and could not even attend the match. Every road leading from the north to south was flooded. I'm pretty sure I just about drove my wife crazy. I was trying every way to find a route to the match. 😔

Thank you all for your kind words and thank you even more for attending.

Link to the scores can be found at upthecreekgang.com on the Bayou Blast page. I tried to just post a link, but my iPhone didn't want to do it.

Way to go Yusta B. Frontiersman winner

!

Thanks Noz . Appreciate the words from a dedicated soot maker!!

Would like to thanks Possum Skinner and the rest of the UP THE CREEK GANG for the best little shoot around.Lots of fun and great people.Great food and great people.I did not shoot good but when you posse with Possum Skinner and T-Bone,If you don't have fun with them two, your dead and they just have not come to get you yet.A great big thanks to Cookie,Possum,Gary and everyone that worked so hard on the cows and the mule and the awards.Thanks again.Pit

This was my second year at Bayou Blast, Great match, great range and fun stages. Thanks Possum and Gang for a fun match that we always look forward to shooting.

Congratulations Buckshot Sully and Nellie on your overall win!!

Congratulations Logan Sackett on Top Duelist!!!

Hey Slick, I might have some leftovers from Steamboat Bills... They may not keep till May... :D

Oh yeah - forgot to add, found Possum's weak point - he's about 1/4 second a stage slower

shooting BP ! :ph34r::D :D

My kids and I have had the pleasure of shooting several Bayou Blasts over the past 5 or 6 years, and we have never been disappointed. This one was no different! Each member of the Up the Creek Gang who put the time and effort into this addition deserves a hearty slap on the back. So much of what this shoot does right is found in the little things -- from the "gator badges," the handmade bucket awards, homemade gumbo for lunch (all the food was great!), etc. There's no way to match the personal feel that you get at this match without putting a lot of time and effort in. Thank you Up the Creek Gang for putting that personal touch on your shoot. It's what indeed makes it special -- and keeps us coming back!

Chick

Congratulations and thanks to the entire Up the Creek Gang on the excellent Bayou Blast 2016 and for their great hospitality. I did not meet any member of this group who was too busy to answer a question, or ask a few, or to just say hello. Special thanks to Eagle Hawk and Paw Paw Meg, who took a funny talkin' northerner under their wings and guided him through the weekend., increasing his education by a whole bunch!

The reputation of this shoot is what enticed me to travel there: The quality of what I found is more than enough to bring me back again, and to highly recommend it to the shooters in my area, even if it does mean some serious travel time. Maybe next time I'll actually get to see some of the rest of Louisiana instead of a wall of rain...!

CS

Archived