SASS Wire Forum

Edgewood Comfort Inn

Ground is broken and the grading underway. The address will be 8 Marietta Court; Edgewood, New Mexico. The location is just south of the freeway behind the Tractor Supply Company and is just 6 miles from the Founders Ranch front gate using paved roads. See this local news article: http://www.mvtelegraph.com/news/new-hotel-coming-to-edgewood/article_693007d6-d9bd-11e5-b349-97478eef6537.html. :)

May 14, 2016 update: Grading is complete. Some curbing is complete and pillars for exterior lighting have been poured with wiring showing. No foundation poured yet.

Aug 20, 2016 update: There is little apparent progress. The only change I saw was the site is now fenced. Other than that the site looks like it did back in May.

Sept. 4, 2016 update: No change since my last visit to the construction site other than weeds are growing undisturbed.

Nov. 12, 2016 update: construction underway with walls going up. See the following video.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971

• 4 months later...

How's the hotel construction coming along?

• 2 months later...

November now. How is progress on the hotel coming?

• 3 weeks later...

So is SASS going to negotiate a special deal for us Cowboys?

Should be finished by June I'd think.?

That's close by the great little Chinese restaurant and not far from that fabulous pizza place.

Maybe Comfort Inn will take advance bookings.....opening special!!!

Why don't my smilie icons come up when using an iPad.??

Edited by Jackaroo, # 29989

• 1 month later...

It's December 28th and I visited the construction site. Workers were adding the 4th floor and windows were installed on the lower floors. Maybe this property will be ready for EOT 2017. See the following video:

https://youtu.be/llTMBq2ZUWQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to surmise that this will be ready for EoT 2018...

I was at Founders Ranch today with a work party prepping the ranch for EOT.  While in Edgewood I drove by the Comfort Inn to check on progress.  A contractor had a crew working in the entrance.  The parking lot is graded and 80% covered with gravel.  I expect paving will begin soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I dined in Edgewood today after shooting EOT.  The new Comfort Inn has their signs mounted on the exterior walls.  The gravel piles are all laid and graded and were being watered.  Many construction vehicles were present with crews working inside.

• 3 weeks later...

Shot with the High Desert Drifters today then dined at the Pizza Barn.  While in Edgewood I checked out the Comfort Inn.  The parking lot is now paved.  See the picture below:

Comfort Inn.jpg

On 5/29/2017 at 11:46 PM, Dantankerous said:

I am going to surmise that this will be ready for EoT 2018...

I checked the Comfort Inn official website.  You can now book rooms in this property in June of 2018 during EOT.  The booking software indicates the property will be open in December of this year.

add more info

Founder's will also be hosting the 2018 New Mexico Sporting Clays Championship in September.  Seeing that the 2017 shoot in Lincoln Co. last weekend drew 197 shooters, and lodging was 1 hour away, this should be another big plus for us.

• 3 months later...