SASS Wire Forum

And That's Why I'm Sleeping On the Couch

Subdeacon Joe

Mrs. Lose calls my shop my girlfriend because I spend so much time out there and she doesn't have to wonder where I am.

Best thing I've read on here in a while!!!

Well, I will tell you fellers that I AM the boss at my house.

There is NO DOUBT who is in charge around the Widder Bunkhouse........... ME.

Example: if I want to mop the kitchen floor or clean up the bathroom, my wife keeps her mouth shout and doesn't dare interrupt me.

..........Widder

​I mentioned once that the color of her wedding dress matched the color of all the other appliances to a tee....... Well, I thought it was funny!

Example: if I want to mop the kitchen floor or clean up the bathroom, my wife keeps her mouth shout and doesn't dare interrupt me.

..........Widder

:lol:

..........Widder

Yep, the Widder short stroke floor mop with gold front bead and Widdermatic free spin toilet brush with ivory front sight are never far from your holsters. She knows better that to interrupt a well heeled bunk mate. LOL

Yep, the Widder short stroke floor mop with gold front bead and Widdermatic free spin toilet brush with ivory front sight are never far from your holsters. She knows better that to interrupt a well heeled bunk mate. LOL

Blastmaster knows me well.......... :lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes its hard to type with one hand holding a broom or mop... :o

..........Widder

'Twas my Girlfreinds birthday last week ...

..... real glad I didn't get her a new vaccuum cleaner ....

Forty-eight years ago next month, I bought my bride a sewing machine for our first anniversary... It has served me well ever since for light leather work. She prefers small sparkly stones mounted on metal things that go on her fingers. Uh, oh, I've got until April 9th to get something for her. And next year, The Almighty willing, I'm gonna have to think big...as in expensive! ;):)

..........Widder

I'M THE BOSS IN MY HOUSE!

My wife says so and I don't dare disagree with her.

I have a theory I refer to as the Theorem of Perceived Inequalities.

I enjoy the work I do at our house. I like to work with tools. I enjoy fixing broken appliances. I am proud when my Sunday night soldering saves us from a $500 plumber's bill. I like to mow the lawn, change the oil, sweep the garage, paint inside and out, wash the windows and split and stack firewood.

In sum, I have found enjoyment, or at least satisfaction, in my work.

My darling wife, on the other hand, sees this as NOT the equivalent of her work; it cannot be, she reasons, because I seem to be enjoying myself. It is simply unfair, in her mind, that I should find enjoyment in my work while she finds only drudgery in hers. She sees this as a basic inequality.

So, in a moment of madcap madness, I suggested that rather than complain about her household work burden, she might try to find some personal satisfaction in her jobs well done.

I'm not in the doghouse, but I have been sent on the search for satisfaction in her work by experiencing it personally.

I'll let you know what I find. :unsure:

LL

But, I have a question, why do some women get really upset when the guy does the housework?

The women I was living with got sort of mad that I was doing the cooking and cleaning.

I was doing a good job at it, wasn't cutting corners or doing things haphazardly.

Any ideas?

But, I have a question, why do some women get really upset when the guy does the housework?

The women I was living with got sort of mad that I was doing the cooking and cleaning.

I was doing a good job at it, wasn't cutting corners or doing things haphazardly.

Any ideas?

Ah, Grasshopper! You have struck upon one of the ancient ironies of the female psyche!

Women profess to despise domestic work; they see it as a remnant of stereotyped gender roles, and so rail against being compelled to perform it.

But let a man take it away, and do a decent job at performing it, and some women will feel displaced - as if you have taken away a part of their identity and self-worth.

On reflection, no great mystery; I wouldn't be happy if my wife jumped on my tractor......

LL

Maybe I am a "new age type"of guy. That's a terrible thought! I can't believe I said that! But I did not mind, if she jumped on the riding mower.

I have a theory I refer to as the Theorem of Perceived Inequalities.

I enjoy the work I do at our house. I like to work with tools. I enjoy fixing broken appliances. I am proud when my Sunday night soldering saves us from a $500 plumber's bill. I like to mow the lawn, change the oil, sweep the garage, paint inside and out, wash the windows and split and stack firewood.

In sum, I have found enjoyment, or at least satisfaction, in my work.

My darling wife, on the other hand, sees this as NOT the equivalent of her work; it cannot be, she reasons, because I seem to be enjoying myself. It is simply unfair, in her mind, that I should find enjoyment in my work while she finds only drudgery in hers. She sees this as a basic inequality.

So, in a moment of madcap madness, I suggested that rather than complain about her household work burden, she might try to find some personal satisfaction in her jobs well done.

I'm not in the doghouse, but I have been sent on the search for satisfaction in her work by experiencing it personally.

I'll let you know what I find. :unsure:

LL

A never ending quest, my friend............

Well.......... I guess I'm a little different.

SInce I work full time and Uno only works part time, I appreciate his taking care of the house and cooking to give me a break. I tell him I appreciate his efforts too. Maybe that's why we're still together after 25 years, today.

SInce I work full time and Uno only works part time, I appreciate his taking care of the house and cooking to give me a break. I tell him I appreciate his efforts too. Maybe that's why we're still together after 25 years, today.

Happy anniversary to both of you :)

The Bunkhouse Boss and I have been married for 34 years. Its been the best 5 years of my life..... :D

..........Widder

Any ideas?

yu come over and do all tha housewerk ya wunt over here....I PROMISE I wunt git upset!!!! :D:D :D

You might not get upset...but for some reason, I think I will pass on your generous offer.

I root against the Broncos, I like the Patroits and that evil Tom Brady.

Ah, my comrades. You make the misguided step that you can fathom the female mind and comprehend

her thoughts with common logic. Women have no logic, they have intuition. It is a completely different

process. You, as a male, are not capable of comprehension. AND YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO

USE INTUITION. If you did, your female partner would destroy you, and bury the body somewhere awful.

Archived