SASS Wire Forum

SASS in the News!

Captain Bill Burt

I just saw that, Holler and Desperado Dale did a good job, nice story.

Kajun

Nice job to all......

Always nice to see something positive out of the media about the shooting sports.

I got a good chuckle out of part of it; I think somebody had Winter Range on the brain.

They said SASS & EoT were in Arizona.....

Great job folks and thanks for sharing it on the Wire.

Great coverage !

Nice story!!! ;)

(even though she got the SASS Headquarters in the wrong state, but she's cute enough :wub: that we'll let that go)

To cool...great story...whoever is responsible. ...Thank you.... Jim

Holler and his crew represent SASS well.

http://www.wjhg.com/news/headlines/SASS-cowboys-take-aim-371008631.html

Thanks Captain Bill & all! The story was the result of good work by Kay Sadeeya on social media. The reporter, Neysa Wilkins, has been at that station for a long time & Kay had followed her on Facebook. When Neysa sent out a call for story ideas, Kay made contact & told her that we have a cowboy club that may be of interest. Turns out, Neysa & her husband (former military) are both gun enthusiasts so it worked out perfectly. After a few chat sessions, Neysa was all set.

I was blown away by the quality of the feature. They did their visit last Saturday (Feb 27) & it aired on March 3. Originally it was slotted to run at 10 pm Thursday night, but it was shown on their 6 pm broadcast, again at 10 & the following morning on their early show. I happened to be at the hospital Thursday night with my dad in Dothan AL, which doesn't receive the stations out of Panama City, of course. Several club members called me to say "hey turn on channel 7" when they saw the tease for the feature.

I first saw an abbreviated version on their iPhone app. Friday morning when I got home (my dad is OK btw) I watched the early morning show version that I had DVR'd. The anchors & weather guy even got into the act, having given each other cowboy aliases! All around it was a great feature & we can't thank WJHG & Neysa Wilkins enough for it.

Always nice to see something positive out of the media about the shooting sports.

I got a good chuckle out of part of it; I think somebody had Winter Range on the brain.

They said SASS & EoT were in Arizona.....

Great job folks and thanks for sharing it on the Wire.

Yes I cringed at that a bit, but they got things right for the most part. You can't say that about many news stories nowadays. That said, in their online story, they got the address to the club website wrong! DOH!

What a fantastic job! Hollifer and Kay Sadeeya I can't say thank you enough for putting a good spotlight on our sport. I was lucky enough to be there when they shot this footage. We had a blast!!

Cheatin'

Wow, well done, informative, positive & more than just a 30 second bit.

Positive outlook television, hope it catches on.

Archived