SASS Wire Forum

APP in 32 H&R Mag

Blufrost

Any one loading APP in 32's?

Looking to start reloading this any load help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Fill up the case and jam in the bullet. APP in the .32 Mag case is a VERY mild load and you might have problems with knockdowns. I use 777 in the .32 H&R to get a little bit more punch. Even with 3f APP pay attention to any bridging problems. DO NOT use 2f APP.

I load it for the wife's all the time. Do what Larsen said.

I agree with Pettifogger and SS. APP in a .32 H&R mag case meets the BP smoke standard. With 777 FFg and a 115 grain bullet you can make a good knockdown load.

Fill up the case and jam in the bullet. APP in the .32 Mag case is a VERY mild load and you might have problems with knockdowns. I use 777 in the .32 H&R to get a little bit more punch. Even with 3f APP pay attention to any bridging problems. DO NOT use 2f APP.

why not 2F?

Fill the case with APP so that the bullet either just touches the powder or compresses it no more than 1/16". I use 120 grain bullets. Knockdowns at Winter Range were no problem but they were set correctly. Not all will be right. Agree with Larsen on the 3F.

For me, FFFg combusts much better than FFg in .38s or smaller.

I also prefer to use magnum primers for hotter ignition. Some may say that is overkill, but my brass shows otherwise (hotter=cleaner).

For me, FFFg combusts much better than FFg in .38s or smaller.

I also prefer to use magnum primers for hotter ignition. Some may say that is overkill, but my brass shows otherwise (hotter=cleaner).

+1 on the 3F and Mag primers. Actually, I much prefer Bullseye smokeless in the 32 Mag., with 100 to 120 grain bullets. Power Factor is easily met, and shot to shot consistency is really remarkable.

RBK

Archived