SASS Wire Forum

Rossi 92 extractor ?

Thanks, but didn't see them listed there......

Scroll about halfway down that page I linked. "

Replacement Ejector
This ejector will work in all the Rossi 92’s. Even guns made dating back to the 1960’s. But, it is not a drop-in part. It will require fitting.

Scroll about halfway down that page I linked. "

Replacement Ejector
This ejector will work in all the Rossi 92’s. Even guns made dating back to the 1960’s. But, it is not a drop-in part. It will require fitting.

Thanks again, don't need an ejector.....

If Steve can't help try Numrich Gunparts

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Winchester-33573/Rifles-42602/1892-40288.htm?page=5

866-NUMRICH (866-686-7424)

Steve may be able to tell if an original Winchester part would work and if so, what size.

Good Luck!

the way I got my '73 was my '92 ejector broke and I couldn't get a replacement (Nate made me one later) I found out from Rossi that they will 'repair' your gun but will not sell you parts. No one else seemed to have parts for them either. My extractor got bent during a stovepipe jam and I bent it back and it still works. I bought an '92 extractor from Taylors just in case and to no surprise it did not fit at first. It does now thanks to JB Weld. I still love my '92 but of course the '73 has worked out much better for CAS.

I found out from Rossi that they will 'repair' your gun but will not sell you parts.

Why then did M&M sell and ship me a 45LC barrel for my '92?

M&M is not 'Rossi' M&M did not have an ejector for my rifle and they gave me the contact info and told me to get one direct. When the woman at Rossi told me I could not buy an ejector from them, I went through a list of other parts I would like to get as spares and she said no to all of them. She also kept politely reminding me that if the gun was broken I could send it to them and they would happily repair it for me. If it was a stock gun that might be acceptable but not for mine.

I did not have a barrel on my list of spare parts so I don't know if I could have bought one of those.

M&M is a certified shop and specializes in Rossi guns so they can likely get parts from the factory when they want them.

I'm following this one as I shoot my 92 a lot and know that I may need a new extractor in the future. I had one experience with Rossi / Taurus return about a year ago - that was a new extractor on a handgun. Taurus had the gun back to me in 2 weeks. The process was very simple over the internet. No different than returning a pair of boots to Cabelas. They also replaced sights free of charge that had been dinged up by heavy use.

The trick is finding a way to ship it to them that doesn't cost you a fortune. For me that was a local FFL holder that could send it USPS. The weapon was return shipped, priority FedEx right to my door, but I had to be home to sign for it.

I too would be looking for a part to repair it myself, but based on my one, and recent experience, the repair only cost me $18 for shipping one way, was only out of service for only 2 weeks, and returned in better shape than when I sent it (sights). Maybe I got lucky.

Archived