SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range, yes, a championship match

Winter range is indeed a championship match!

Target distances varied without mind teasing senarios.

I had stepped off stage 11 at 10 and 11 yards, apparently i may have been wrong. If so my apologies

This was indeed a great match, well run in every perspective!

A huge thank you to ALL who had a part!

Howdy Cheyenne, Good to see you ol pard. Hey... the miss that I had was on one of the close pistol targets. It must have been those lying blind Spotters fault ;), maybe the smoke got in their eyes :) . I've attended and enjoyed most all of the WR matches and I think that this one was the best yet. No rain, snow, mud, not too hot, not too cold, and the Cheese Steak Sandwiches were still great.... just about perfect! Hope to see you at EOT, Take care.

Snakebite

I enjoyed the match, and especially want to thank whoever ordered the weather! Ice cream solved any overheating problems - all is good.

CR

I enjoyed the match, and especially want to thank whoever ordered the weather! Ice cream solved any overheating problems - all is good.

CR

Onc complaint tho, the ice cream cone line was a bit too long in the sun at times tho. :)

Three Chik's Ice Cream comes all the way down from Montana for us. They ran out of the Huckleberry Ice Cream on the last day. :(

The Ranger party was a success last night and we are so proud of all the Ranger support that we had for 2016. These fine women and men come from all over to help put Winter Range on.

You might ask yourself "why do they do it? After all most are not young and sometimes the labor just flat hurts BUT but they still come. - I'm sure if you asked them, the answers would vary but the theme would be something like "because they like each other and they like being part of something that serves so many Cowboys and Cowgirls."

We're already discussing what we can do to make it better next year. Don't forget to fill out the forms as your opinions matter to us.

Adios

Range take down is done by Monday afternoon and Winter Range always has a Ranger banquet for those Rangers that are still in town on Tuesday night. These are some of the fine people that make it all possible.

IMG_0998_zpsog05qerk.jpg

Dingo, the Boys and I are still headed East. I agree with Cheyenne, this is indeed a championship match. This was our fourth time to Winter Range and we have enjoyed ourselves more each time. This year was special because of the Silver Jubilee. The range bags are awesome, we won a camera, they had spectacular fireworks, a free shooter appreciation dinner, and the wonderful fly by with the warbirds. All this was before the main match started. The stages were well written, the target placement was varied and the props are great. Posse 22 was a wonderful posse to shoot with, we made a lot of Southern, Ca. new friends.

Hats off to everyone that helps put on this match. This match is a true shooters match that is very well run and stays on scheduale with everything in the book. I am amazed that with 828 shooters we only waited on one stage for less than five minutes. We are already looking forward to next year.

Thanks again from your pards from NC.

Sixgun and Dingo

I need to read the booklet more, I missed

the free meal!

FYI - This amazing bunch we call the Arizona Territorial Rangers gave 502 man days just based on their sign in sheets, which they don't always get around to doing, as calculated by one of our Rangers Hopalong Harry who just can't stop. These hours were spent setting up, working during the match, then tearing it all down and putting the toys away. They do it all to give back to our sport and to our shooting friends meaning you!

Thus is an amazing bunch that I am humbled to be associated with. May I grow up to be like them!

Range take down is done by Monday afternoon and Winter Range always has a Ranger banquet for those Rangers that are still in town on Tuesday night. These are some of the fine people that make it all possible.

IMG_0998_zpsog05qerk.jpg

well deserved.....thank you one and all

FYI - This amazing bunch we call the Arizona Territorial Rangers gave 502 man days just based on their sign in sheets, which they don't always get around to doing, as calculated by one of our Rangers Hopalong Harry who just can't stop. These hours were spent setting up, working during the match, then tearing it all down and putting the toys away. They do it all to give back to our sport and to our shooting friends meaning you!

Thus is an amazing bunch that I am humbled to be associated with. May I grow up to be like them!

Black Mtn Cat and I put in a few of those 502 days and it is a pleasure (and a point of pride) to work with such a fine bunch of folks on such a fine match...

Archived