SASS Wire Forum

Anybody give me an idea what a "brass" Malcolm scope is worth??! It's 32" and I think it's marked Navy Arms. Thanks

The ones I have seen for sale seem to go from $150 to $200. That being said the normal mounts that come with it suck! I picked up the shorter version a couple of years ago and the mounts

were built like Unertl mounts. If you could get $ 200 out of it I would say you had a real good day. I only bought mine cause I got it for $60 with the better mounts. Remember Tasco is out of

business and you are on your own fixing it. Charlie

One just sold on Ebay for $260 with all the hardware.

Another is currently being auctioned with a starting bid of $150 but has 5 days to go

I think the one on ebay had much better mounts than what came with it. I had one of these on an Italian Sharps percussion rifle about 30 years ago and it would not hold its setting after a single shot. Just sitting there it looked cool, though. :lol:

I have a similar concern on value of an original 6 power Malcolm. It has mounts and end caps. I have owned the scope for 40 years having acquired it from an elderly womans estate sale.

Any idea of value would be nice

Thanks

I have a similar concern on value of an original 6 power Malcolm. It has mounts and end caps. I have owned the scope for 40 years having acquired it from an elderly womans estate sale.

Any idea of value would be nice

Thanks

If it is a true Malcolm scope go to the ASSRA (American Single Shot Rifle Association) they use and collect vintage scopes and can give you an idea. You would have to have pictures that show the

condition. Remember Condition is everything. Or do your own investigation on the auction sites. Charlie

• 10 months later...

Cheating charlie his is not an orginal malcolm scope because it is marked navy arms. The navy arms brass scopes are of low quality and not worth much.

thanks for your "NOT" so interesting comment------can't anything nice --stay off my post