SASS Wire Forum

Daughter done gone and moved to Oklahoma!

Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862

My daughter and her family move to Kellyville near Tulsa and is getting the bug to start CAS again after taking a break after having kids. She will probably be making contact soon with the ITSASS club, which she figures is about 50 min from her place. Her husband will be a new shooter there too.

She shoots 45 cal, uses a Dillon SD, and has experience loading 45 lc 200gr and Trail Boss. She wants to start loading 150-160 gr bullets in the 45 Cowboy Special cases I got her. I can not be there, I am looking for an experienced reloader in the area that might be able to get together with them to supervise the changing of calibers on her Dillon, I gave her my 45ACP dies to set up for her 45CS cases.

Also, is there a bullet caster that maybe makes it to that club"s shoots? I always bought our bullets from a local cowboy shooter/caster and she will need to find one there.

I will do a separate post looking for loads using Trail Boss (she has a lot to use up before maybe changing to something else) in the 45CS case, but PM me with any info you may have.

Thanks!

Her and her family are always welcome at Tulsey Town also. Just a little bit north of Tulsa International airport.

JK

There's a full moon over Tulsa,
I hope that it's shining on you.
The nights are getting cold,
In Cherokee County.
There's a Blue Norther passing through.
I remember green eyes and a ranchers daughter.
But remember is all that I do.
Losing you left a pretty good cowboy,
With nothing to hold on to.
Sundown came and I drove to town,
And drank a drink or two.
You're the reason God made Oklahoma,
You're the reason God made Oklahoma.
And I'm sure missing you,
I'm sure missing you.

Thanks all for your help! Watch for her at ITSASS, don't know how much they shoot this time of the year, but she's getting antsy.

Got contact info for Buffalo Bill Mathewson?

Mad Dog Jack - We would be happy to meet your daughter and husband and have them shoot with us. Please visit our website for details about our range and instructions for joining our email list. www.itsass.net

We shoot at least 3 times a month at ITSASS - weather permitting. All of our stages are covered but freezing, icy conditions are our main concerns, due to road conditions.

ITSASS is located on the John Zink Zanch. The ranch is over 40,000 acres of rolling hills and timber, located on beautiful Skiatook Lake. It is a gated facility and she will need a code to get in. Joining our email list ensures that she will get the gate code for each shoot.

In September we will be hosting the 2016 SASS Oklahoma State Championship. We also host the Pursuit into the Osage Nation the first weekend of June, held at Woolaroc - a wildlife park and museum located in Bartlesville, Ok.

Hope to hear from her soon!

Catoosa Red

Secretary for ITSASS

Just got a message that they may shoot at Tulsey Town too, he has Saturdays off. I think she will get to ITSASS as she can. Do those clubs shoot in the winter as weather permits?

Larsen, you sure got the first part right, and I really miss not being able to get to WR even if I can't shoot!

Tulsey Town matches are held on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays year round. We are lucky in this part of the country.... There is a match somewhere every weekend of the month within a couple hours drive !

JK

Archived