SASS Wire Forum

The Policial Debate I Want to See

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

Just a personal rant....I would very much like to see the presidential candidates debate their views on the Second Amendment and their commitment to supporting it with detailed specificity as well as who they would appoint to the Supreme Court that would uphold our right to KABA. I would simply prefer to see this debate be a policy focused discussion rather than the kindergarten school yard shouting match of personal attacks we've watched thus far.

While such personal attacks make for good ratings on MMA cage fights, I'd much rather see them discuss their differences on policy rather than which one can call the other a liar with the most volume!

To be honest about it, I'm disheartened by the entire process thus far. Their behavior only serves to reinforce my long held contention of ignoring what they say rather watching what they did or do as proof of their true philosophy, intentions and leanings. Actions shout much louder than what is coming from the mouths of these “children in adult clothing.”

Having said all that, I fully realize such intellectual discussions would put the vast majority of the apathetic and ill-informed to sleep---if they would watch at all! The voters in that category would much rather see a cage fight and that is truly a sad and dangerous commentary on the American voting public these days!

Just the wishful view from my anachronistic foxhole...I realize that! :(

Colonel Dan, kindergarteners are more mature then these "adults". I believe that the days of rationality discussing the issues, is a bygone idea. Most of what is on television, is reality type garbage, that is loud and in your face. This is what people seem to want, so this is what we are getting in our political system. It is sad, that in this nation, this is the type of people we get, who want us to vote for them. I personally feel, none of them are up for the job at hand.

Archived