SASS Wire Forum

apocalypse Now Line

Trigger Mike

Smell that? You smell that?

What?

Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' d**k body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill smelled like............. victory........Someday this war's gonna end......

"I had a dream in which I saw a snail crawling along the edge of a straight razor."

Col. Walter E. Kurtz

(Marlon Brando)

"I had a dream in which I saw a snail crawling along the edge of a straight razor."

Col. Walter E. Kurtz

(Marlon Brando)

That is one of my favorite lines from the movie. Brando did most of those scenes in one take from what I read.. amazing actor.

That is one of my favorite lines from the movie. Brando did most of those scenes in one take from what I read.. amazing actor.

It's one of my favorite lines, too. Watching him act out the scene and saying that line gives you chills and the creeps, as you realize how far off the grid Kurtz has gone.

"Calling PBR street gang. PBR street gang, this is Almighty. Can you read me? Over."

Archived