SASS Wire Forum

WTB BP cylinder loading stand, flask etc

Hoss

Just bought a pair of 58 Remingtons for shooting plainsman side matches. Looking for a deal on some accessories. Need a flask ( 25-30 grn throw) a cylinder loading press, maybe a capper. Any other BP stuff you might have laying around that you don't use.

Hoss can you shoot 58s with the big hands?I love my 58s with the hammers turned down some they are nice for gunfighter.

I recently purchased a cylinder loading press from powderinc.com. I think the only other one commercially available is from Dick Datardly (sp?) (Tower of Power). I've been happy with mine so far. It's simple to set up and simple to use. Cost was around $80.

The flask I'm using came with the last set of pistols I purchased, but they have them on trackofthewolf.com for reasonable prices. Most of the nozzles (i.e. the grains that you'll throw) fit most of the flasks. I use a 20 grain for my 36 caliber '58 Remmies and '62 Navys. There is a process for modifying the '58 Remmies to handle a snail capper. I can pass that on if you're needing it. Because of the way the gap is around the nipples, 58's have a hard time accepting most cappers. I've heard that straight cappers will work without mods, but I never had any luck with that.

While I'm sure you were hoping to find some used stuff, I didn't have any luck finding any, so I've provided insights into retail stuff. Good Luck!

Chick

Archived